Monro Muffler Brake & Service / Unprofessional mechanics, professional scammers

1 United States

I called for an appointment on 3/19/09 and Monro told me to bring the truck in on 3/20/09. When I showed up they didn't even have me on the list but took me anyway and told me they were busy but there was no one in the parking lot. They were to inspect a rattle coming from underneath the drivers side. Upon inspection they told me that the Cat needed to be replaced and would cost me $1075.00 and that was without labor. Getting ready to walk out the manger offered me $900.00 for the job. Waht a joke!!! I did my research before I went an a Cat cost around $250.00 and I figured labor to be $100.00 since he told me it would only take an hour to replace. I walked out and went home an had a friend look at the noise. He removed a small rusted ID plate that ford install on top of the cat to identify Part number etc. Noise disappeared problem solved. It took all of 2 minutes. What kind of mechanics do they have working there? In these hard times you are looking for good service and a deal. They would have replaced my cat and there was nothing wrong with it and would have cost me a bundle. Any by the way they difference between 1075 and 900 was the fifteen percent discount which I was aware of. I will make sure that I don't ever go there again!!

Ma