[Resolved] Mediacom / Terrible customer service!

Apache Junction, AZ, United States Review updated:
4.45
Phone: (480 )9827081
I had the most horrible experience with Mediacon, I swicht my phone service provider for meadicom by December ,and I really regret it. I am working at home, and jobb consists in receive inbound call. I don't have service for 3 days, I call Mediacom to find out who was irresponsible for it. the Customer Service lie to me and blame the another Company for this situation. I called at the Supervisor of the another company to ensure who was responsible, and I had him in the line from my cellphone, after 7 times or more times to lie to me, they don't realize that I was recording the conversation and also I have the Supervisor from the another company in the line, who clarify that his company wasn't responsible for that. Mediacom technical support Service don't have a word to said.

Horrible bad customer service, rude, disrespectful, and liars. I am going to take legal action, enough is enough they cant play with people life and jobs. I am single mother I can lose my job because of Mediacom and also I lose 3 days of work. Never take that service.

Resolution statement

Hello,

I am Chris from the social media team with Mediacom. If you would like to email me at socialmediateam@mediacomcc.com I can look into any issues you are having and would love to do all I can to make any problem you have right for you.

Thanks
Chris Lord
Social Media Team Lead
socialmediateam@mediacomcc.com
We attempt to get a technician out as soon as possible. Unfortunately with such a late request in the middle of the weekend it is unlikely that a next day appointment would be possible for a Sunday. I would be happy to look into this for you further and see if that is in fact possible. Please contact us at SocialMediaTeam@mediacomcc.com or on our forums at http://mediacomcable.com/CustomerSupport/

Mediacom Social Media Relations
I apologize for the service issues and difficulty you've experienced. I would like to assist in any way I can. Please contact Mediacom's Social Media Team for assistance with any questions, service issues, or general complaints at http://mediacomcable.com/CustomerSupport/forum.php, via email at SocialMediaTeam@Mediacomcc.com, or via Twitter @MediacomSupport.
I apologize for the service issues. Anyone who is having problems can contact us at the social media team for Mediacom anytime and we would be glad to assist with any issues. You can reach us directly by email at socialmediateam@mediacomcc.com, on twitter through our support @mediacomsupport or through our site forums at http://mediacomcable.com/CustomerSupport/forum.php . I apologize for any poor service and would love to make things right for you.

Jayquan - this doesn't seem like a normal DMCA issue and I am not aware of any charges such as this through us. If you want to reach out to me I would love to look into this and get back with you.

sassysoutherner - I apologize for the issues porting your phone and with everything else. The supervisor should have been more helpful and I would love to look into this. Please reach out to us so I can help and make this right with you.

Sandra Holweger - I apologize for the billing issues. I would love to help. Please send me an email or get with me through one of the other means and I can take a look.

If anyone else has issues, feel free to reach out to us. We would love to help fix any problem you have!

Thanks!
Chris Lord
social media team lead
socialmediateam@mediacomcc.com
twitter: @mediacomsupport
Hello,

That is certainly not the experience we want our customers to have. I would be more than happy to work on getting this issue resolved. Please email me at socialmediateam@mediacomcc.com and I will do what I can to make things right.

Mediacom Social Media Team
Hello Jody,

The level of service you have gotten thus far is not what we expect any of our customers to experience. We will be happy to look into the issues you are having and get them resolved. Can you send us an email to SocialMediaTeam@mediacomcc.com with your account or phone number, as well as reference this post so we can refer back to it while working on the issue?

Mediacom Social Media Team

Comments

Ka
  15th of Feb, 2008
I was also a Mediacom customer in Apache Junction, but experienced somewhat different abuse. My cable bill was raised after nearly a year of service with no explanation. Then I was told the raise was a mistake, that someone had charged some adult movies to my account and I would be credited. I was not credited, but I now I'm being told that there were never any movies charged to may account, and that I was basically a liar because there was no record of my being told that. Then I was told that my cable went up because I was using the middle speed Interent access, although they only offered one speed, which I had been using for a year. I have since moved from their service area and cancelled the service. Now they are telling me the reason for the additional billing is that customers are charged an additional seven days from cancellation date because it takes them that long to turn off the service. They assure me this is an industry standard, but I can't find any other company that charges a person for services they don't use and don't even know they have.
Be
  16th of Feb, 2008
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
I hate Mediacom. Their 800 number routinely takes at least 30 minutes to get through, they reguarally lose service, and when you do get to talk to someone they read through a script and tell you why you are wrong. It must be nice to be the only company in town.
Ri
  29th of Jul, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Mediacom is hands down the worst company I have ever dealt with. My internet service was out 60 days. I called on average three times a week during that time period in attempt to resolve the issue. It was almost always more than 30 minutes on hold to even speak to a customer representative each time I called. The representatives were extremely hateful. It was like they were already mad at me before I said anything. After the service was repaired, I called to ask to be credited for the time the service was interrupted. They wouldn't even credit me half of the time my service had been out. Each person I spoke to told me their computer said different things about my account. One lady even tried convincing me that my internet had been fixed over a month before it actually was fixed. Another lady told me that they shouldn't give me any credit and that I was lucky I had gotten any. I would ask to speak with a manager and they would tell me to call back. I went to the local office and stood in line for 30 minutes to speak with someone in person and when I got to the front, they told me that their internet was down and because they couldn't pull my file; they couldn't help me. How ironic right? So, I did research on other internet providers and Mediacom is the only internet provider for my town of 150, 000 people. Not only that, but I was being charged $60 per month while the average internet provider for the exact same type of service is between $20-$30 per month. How is it even legal for them to own an area? It gets better though...Mediacom just put up a bunch of money all over town to have their name put on as many parks and sports facilities as they could. Why advertise when people don't even have a choice of service? For the kicker let me quote Mediacom's customer support pledge-- "Our number one priority is to live up to our promise of providing consistent first-class customer care, superior and reliable products, and quality services that our customers can depend upon."
Ne
  31st of Jul, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Mediacom is awful. I can't don't even know where to begin. We have only been living in Savage for less than 2 months and Mediacom has been out here to service us 4 times! Our phone and interenet have not been working properly for the past 2 days (not that long, I know -- BUT my parents work from home, so they rely on both the phone and internet to do their job, not to mention it's summer time and there are 3 teenagers in the house all wanting to check Myspace, Facebook, AIM etc.!) so I called the 800 number on the box and was on hold for 1 hour!! I was furious and ended up hanging up (I was using up my cell phone minutes). I calld later that evening at around 8 and was on hold for another half hour until I finally got ahold of a rep. He was very plesant, I will give him that. But once I started to complain about how long I was on hold for, he became extremely defensive. What really makes this whole situation upsetting is I have no choice BUT to use Mediacom. They are the only ones who does internet cable and phone service in my area. Is that even legal????? I thought Quest was terrible -- ppppssshhh! Quest has NOTHING on mediacom!
Le
  13th of Aug, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
We are also very disappointed in Mediacom service. Ir is the only cable service in our town so we have no other choice. Then we made the mistake of getting our phone on Mediacom and now we also have poor phone service. On Sat. Aug 9th, our phone, internet and cable were out from the middle of the afternoon and all evening when the Olympics were on.
The same thing happened again Tues Aug. 12, 2008. It went off in the afternoon and all evening.
We tried to call on the cell hone to report the outage and all we got (after many tries) was a busy signal.
How are we to report an outage ?
Je
  10th of Sep, 2008

Mediacom Cable - poor service
Mediacom Cable
1533 South Enterprise
Springfield
Missouri
Phone: 417-875-5500

I called to report trouble with my digital channels (we were not receiving them) and they found that they had mistakingly not charged us for certain channels. Now that the service rep realized this, she said they would now either take away my children's favorite channels or charge us an additional fee. We already pay $50 per month for cable with nothing fancy. The new bill would be $80 per month. No way! I ended up cancelling our digital plus. The CSRs are the most unfriendly, rudest women I have ever dealt with and I would be embarassed if I operated Mediacom.
Jo
  16th of Sep, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Know what I love most being a mediacom employee? How everyone complains when their phone or internet goes down because they "work from home". YET on almost 90% of these accounts you are not set up as a BUSINESS account. Know what happens when you are a BUSINESS account? You get your services fixed and get to customer service faster. So don't lie!

Second.. You know why our hold time is so crazy? Because we have stupid customers who call in because they dont know how to make sure their tv is on channel 3 and the cable box is on. Also we have people who call is just to see how much they owe us, then tell us to wait ANOTHER 20+ days until they can pay. Or it could be that none of our customers can read fine print that is plastered all over our offers that says things like.. NEW CUSTOMER ONLY, PRICE GOOD FOR 1 YEAR, PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE TAX. These are the reasons you wait so long. Because people are idiots and can't figure these things out themselves.

Yes we do have bad customer service and yes we do have some a'hole's that work here. But you know what? If it wasnt for mediacom your podunk little town or obscure city wouldnt have any service or at best would just be monopolized by someone like qwest (whom has a worse record than we do). You know why we are the only providers in that area? Because we are the only ones that even care about you. If you can go online and find a map of Highspeed Cable service and Cable service in general for rural and midwestern area's from 2000 before mediacom it looks rediculous. Mediacom was based on wanting to bring cable and internet of large city quality to smaller midwestern cities. Larger cable providers that are oh so great wouldn't even bother because your population is under 300, 000 or doesnt have the right kinda of per capita gross income. So be thankful that we even bother. I work for the company and i have my own problems with them but at least I can see the positive. We arn't perfect because we are a growing company. We are not a huge cable giant of the industry we are the smaller middle child trying to get better.

Thats all I have to say.
Nk
  27th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
Mediacom has the worst customer service and they lie on your face. First of all their is long hold if you want to talk to someone...it takes 30 minutes to an hour to talk to tech support; and then on top of that I have to use cell phone minutes to talk to some mediacom support. They increased my bill by 50% and told me i had a promotion for first two years. They never told me that it is going to go up in two years. Then whenever my phone/internet goes out it takes two to three days to get someone here..and I have to wait for someone to come here and fix the modem...one time they were here to disconnect my neighbors connection and they disconnected mine...and i was out of all the services for three days. I might go to Qwest; because there is not much choice here --- only mediacom or qwest.
Di
  17th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
You are lucky. I've been trying to get Mediacom to come out and fix my cable for six months. It's been working off and on, usually off at night and on during the day. So when the tech comes out to fix it, he says that there is nothing wrong, but at night I get no service. Tonight, for example, it went out about 8:00 PM and just came back on at 1:15 AM. But I'm glad to know it' s not just me who hates their monopoly. In fact, if they didn't have a monopoly, they wouldn't have any customers.

P.S. I'm in Alabama, so it's nationwide.
Su
  27th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I agree, Mediam is terrible. And for the employee that works for Mediacom, you obviously don't have much customer service experience. I can honestly say after working for Time Warner and Comcast, that Medicom is terrible. I would have been fired if I treated customers the way Medicom treats their customers.
Your attitude seems to be the reflection the company, "just be glad you have it". That's terrible.
Yes and I agree, if small towns had more choices, Medicom would be out of business. And in time, I'm sure we will have more choices. I would amagine when this happens, Mediacom will try to keep their customers, and it will be too late.
And they certaining will deserve it.
Ca
  12th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
Unfortunately, the Mediacom employee who responded does seem to represent the overall opinion of many of the customer service rep's employed at their company. I should know, I used to be one. I left them because I had problems with what was, in my opinion, a complete lack of ethical business practices. I could go on and on about what I perceived as being wrong with the company, but I won't. I have many years of experience in customer service and sales for some very large companies, and I can tell you this, Mediacom really doesn't get it. The customer should come first. If somebody is not getting their service, due to no fault of that customer, they should be credited back. Since I've left working for them, I sleep much better at night knowing that I am not part of something that I felt was morally reprehensible. Of course, this is all just MY opinion, and should be treated as nothing more.
Sc
  27th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
You people are just like most of the callers. If you bothered to educate yourselves, you would find that 99% of the cable companies respect one another and do not move into an area that already has a provider b/c no company likes competition. So stop crying about "monopolies." I have worked for comcast, mediacom, and cox. Instead of whining about how mean everyone is to you, how about evaluating your own attitude when you call in and speak to a rep that is just trying to do their job just like everyone else and stop trying to pick fights & be uncooperative. You would be suprised at the extra effort most reps will put in if you are the only person that isn't screaming and threatening to sue (btw, you can't sue b/c you voluntarily pay for the service and if you REALLY had that lawyer, they would laugh at you.) Do some research b4 you run off at the mouth about knowing "someone in corporate. You sound like a jackass and we put you on mute and laugh. Get real people, you aren't the only one in the world that's ever had an outage. I pay for the service and work there, and ### happens sometimes. It's life.
Ws
  27th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
You customer service reps need to be ashamed of yourself. Paying customers are due working services. That is how it goes in the real world. You go to a store and buy a product, and it don't work, do you keep it or do you go get your money back? Most people take it back and get their money back. But according to mediacom and their reps you paid for it you keep it. Regardless if it works or not. People that are hard working don't like to take their hard working money and pay for services that don't work. And put money in the pockets of disrespectful service reps like the two that posted their comment on this site. If it was'nt for the customer who continue to put up with your lousy company and lousy service you yourself would not afford to feed your mouth. Most of the customers should do what I did! Boycott medicom and go back to regular TV and DvD and make them lose millions of dollars. Then they have to lay off all the customer service reps who think its funny to put customer on mute or call customers names and have little respect for paying question. Customers are giving you a pay check. No customers No jobs No paycheck. Medicom has on competetition, and when you don't have any one competing with you for prices Hey you can do what you want. That is there attitude and it a shame. Every one needs to come together and force them to have better services. I've been through it. The service being off for days, customer service reps act like they don't comprehend, changing prices every year, the list goes on. I got tierd and disc. my services. Get internet and you can watch some of the programs on the internet, its worth the abuse.
Kw
  5th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
I agree with most of what is said here. Mediacom is the worst company I have ever dealth with. Period. Not just for a cable/internet provider, for any company, ever! I tried their phone, absolute crap, had it 3 months and it rarely worked for more than a minute at a time. Have had their cable/internet in 3 places, had service interruptions on internet nonstop. They were just here today for about the 10th time in 2 years, and as usual, fixed NOTHING! Same problem. Their customer service sucks 99% of the time as well. Even if u managed to get a nice one, they can't communicate to one another at all, so what they tell u gets washed away. Lately, it's all been oriental people that u can't understand 3 words together. USELESS USELESS USELESS!
Cu
  25th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
MediaCom is the worst cable provider on the face book of the planet!
Horrable customer service. Over priced, phone and internet is always down or works poorly.
Springfield, Missouri has more satellite subscribers then MediaCom cable!

My issues:
1. Getting a cable tech out may take up to 3 weeks! On average it takes one week.
Waited around for half a day and tech never showed. Called MediaCom and found out
majority of tech call with a unknown/private number instead of MediaCom.
Have no idea. If you don't answer your phone Mediacom will cancel your
appointment without visiting your home. unbeleiveable but true...

2. Internet speeds like dial-up!
Try watching a Youtube video and it buffers and re-buffers to the point you can't watch the video.
When you call in to let them know you are having problems you always get a recording that their is a service outage in your area! I callled them on this after months went by for the same issue... Asked them for an ETA when the problem would be fixed and MediaCom rep stated that their was a fiber optic cut and MediaCom has no idea when the service/issue will be resolved. When you spend almost an hour on the phone and request a credit MediaCom gives you a $3.00 credit for one day!

3. Over priced billing! Everyone is put on a promotion. In a year or so MediaCom JACKS UP PRICE...
You keep paying and paying until you reolize your bill has doubled. When you call in you get a song and dance ruteen about how good of a deal you are getting! I told rep that the service was not worth what I was paying. Told rep about the slow internet and rep argued with me that it was my fault for not calling them sooner and saked if I wanted to cancel my service. Requested to speak to a supervisor. Told sup how the internet never worked right from day one.

Best to stay clear from MediaCom... Someone needs to buy them out before they go broke!
MediaCom is mainly in areas where their is no other choice for cable or high speed internet.
Brighthouse and TimeWarner blow this company away. Even Comcast/AT&T, Cox and hobo cable providers are better than MediaCom. I plan to cancel my service and may even move back to the city. MediaCom Sucks!

Dave @ davidbillings.com
Po
  8th of Sep, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Worst customer service guy I've EVER spoken to. Just a routine thing and you can tell there isn't anyone monitoring the phone line at that company..More like Customer Abuse than customer service. I will never forget this. Wait, maybe I will since this company is going to fail with people like this answering the phone. What was that company called ? Thrilled to cancel my services and go to ANYONE else. Netflix, here I come..
Lb
  9th of Sep, 2009

Cable TV, Internet & Phone package - Scams
Mediacom
Kelseyville
California
Phone: 707-279-8022

I was promised a promotional price good for a two year period of time. At the end of one year my promo price disappeared and there was a substantial increase in my bill. When I called Mediacom they issued a ticket number and said they would listen to the original phone call, they record all calls. When they didn't get back to me, I called them again. Well to my surprise, they can't bring up a call from a year ago, or so they say. I think they realized that one of their sales representatives, who by the way are paid on commission, lied in order to make the sale and earn a nice commission. Buyer beware, if you deal with Mediacom, you may want to do some recording of your own, to protect your own interest. I will be looking for a new cable/tv/phone service provider. I will not do business with a company who does not stand by what their paid employees are offering to obtain customers. To make it all even worse, their television reception has been horrible on the major network channels for the last couple of months.
Us
  12th of Sep, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I am the person you called today for help with your service.
You yelled at me for half an hour and I allowed you to. You said, “don’t take it personal, and I’m not mad at you - per say - but” than go on to belittle and berate the company I work for. I must tell you that I take it very personally because as you ranted and raved for more than fifteen minutes, you are eating up the eight minute per call allotment laid down for me to spend on each call. I can get fired or written up, not because I was not able to help you, but because you just went over my eight minute per call restriction, or maybe you called and it carried over into the time that I was scheduled to take one, of my two daily breaks (which can change on a moments notice in our scheduling program and which must be followed to the second, and I mean second or it goes against our grade) - so I say to you don’t take it personally if I try to cut you off while you rant and rave to try to get to the heart of your problem (keep to the problem and leave emotions out). My company is grading me on every movement I make over my ten hour day – from how much time I take to speak with you, to how many seconds I put you on hold to check on your issue (if an issue that only a high level group has access to). This grade is what can get me fired or give me a good enough grade that my work day week might be scheduled to be between 7am – 4pm (very few exists) with the weekends or a (as in one) weekend day off. Yes, I to have a family that I am trying to support and also spend time with.
This is what you, the public, my customer, need to understand about the US call centers. In a day I am given so much time to relieve myself, although if I use that time it goes against my grade. Like other workers in the work place, we acquire sick days but if we don’t give a twenty-four hour notice that we are going to be sick that also goes against my grade. You were surprised and astonished that you were hung up on by the last two representatives you spoke with, you probably reached that magical eight minute mark that someone in the/a corporate office decided would allow the workers to move on to another customers problem, in an effort to try to address that number one customer complaint - the hold times are to long. So it’s a lose - lose situation, for you the customer that I really need more than eight minutes to solve your problem, and for me, if I take the time I need to get your issue resolved. We are told it should all even out – that the customer (your Grandmother who might have just had a stroke and now has a hard time relaying information – understandably) I spend a hour with, will even out with the caller I spent four minutes with, but realistically speaking there can only be one number one, the representative who makes the grade that then allows that representative to chose their weekly schedule, the one that might allow them time with their family, and maybe the representative you are speaking with does not want to take the chance of spending more than eight minutes with you, (maybe they have young children at home and would like to be home with them while they are awake).
We – in the United States call centers are competing with other countries, and in order to compete with their sweat shop call centers, the company you are doing business with is turning your support representatives work place into a sweet shop, because – well – they can always move our jobs to India or the Philippines. (Speaking personally I would rather speak with someone in the United States about my issue if the company is located in the United States.) I would like to help you and I know just what I need to do to help you, but forgive me (don’t take it personally) If I like the last three representatives you spoke with hang up on you after eight minutes.
I am also a consumer and even though I work for a company that has no regards for my most basic of human requirements (penalizing its workers for using the bathroom or being unexpectedly sick). I have got to think of those who come after me and what kind of work environment we are allowing these companies to create for the future generations. You and I are not taken on a personal basis, so as much as I would like to solve you’re problem on a person basis, that is not how the company you just called will be productive and/or make money. We as call center representatives perform company imposed triage and must move on to shorten call times, it has nothing to do with help and support we do our best, and I for one would really like to help you. In closing I can’t help but wonder if that scary word UNION would help us both. We certainly need a champion because its only going to get worse!!
I sign anonymous, because my employer would like to keep the public in the dark about the policies I must follow to keep my job, and that’s PERSONAL.
Mi
  12th of Dec, 2017
@uscallcenters WWWWAAAAHHHHH! So we should have to put up with inferior service so YOU can have a better day???? Really?????? You sit there and [censor] because we yell at you. Suck it up, buttercup, thats the price you pay for working in customer service. We have families that we are supporting also and we still have to pay for something that doesn't work 75% of the time. When I sit on hold for 45 minutes while a customer service agent is trying to find a supervisor and there isn't one, theres something seriously wrong with this company. I have never dealt with a company who has so little concern for their customers!!! I am currently looking for an alternative supplier for cable and internet and when I do, you can bet MediaCom isn't going to like having the TRUTH told about them!!!
Pe
  6th of Jan, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I live on a cul de sac with 21 homes, part of a neighborhood association. Nine of us are currently Mediacom customers, and another three are former customers who left Mediacom in frustration. The nine household left have experienced many outages over the past few weeks, but we are told that unless EACH customer calls each time there is an outage, however brief, our neighborhood will not get the needed repair because it's only declared an outage when multiple people complain about each outage. The problem is, these people are weary of complaining! They're tired of dialing that number, listening for the prompts, and being told the same LIE in the recording, that there is an outage in our area and that it's being worked on. Really? If it's being worked on, wouldn't it be fixed after 6 weeks? Most people have given up. But I haven't given up, so I call, register my complaint, get an appointment time for 3 days later, wait during the 3 hour window they said they'd be here, and they either a) don't show; b) show up and reset the modem, which only fixes things temporarily; c) say it's an outside problem and they'll send a crew to work on that; d) don't show up for the outside fix; e) show up for the outside fix but say they can't pinpoint the problem because it happens at night when there's no crew available; f) say they can't fix it because our neighborhood has to be declared an outage and not enough people have called. I have never, in my entire 60 years of life, encountered such utter incompetence.
An
  15th of Feb, 2010
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
For years I have a very close relationship with mediacom...all very bad! Thankfully I have made changes in my career path and no longer use thier service either. I want to share something very disturbing about this company and how they operate! They have a supervisor who is in charge of hiring contractor that come into your home and install mediacom services. Now, this guy was arrested and spent time in jail for firing a round in his home at his x wife. So you would think mediacom would certainly make this guy go away but that did NOT happen! In fact, Ryan S. still works there because the charges didn't hold because she had a restraining order and shouldn't have been there. To make this even more disturbing Ryan says to one of the contractors in the days following and I quote "you would do the same in my situation". UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Following the shooting, he was kicked out of his trailer park. Im not the one to judge but who gets kicked out of trailer park and who shoots at thier wife(x or not). The more serious question is who employes this guy and to top it off he is actually in charge of something!! SCARY!!!

The only relief we have as consumers is: if they continue the path they are following they simply wont exist.
p.s. mediacoms digital and high def is no where near the quality of a sat pic! ask mediacom about compressed analogue signal and selling it as "digital" vs. sats all true "digital channel". The answer will be funny!

Mediacom Communications / MediacomCable.com Logo Mediacom Communications / MediacomCable.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating