Maytag / poor quality products

I have a Maytag Refrigerator, Stove, Washer and Dryer. I used to believe Maytag meant QUALITY which is why I bought my appliances from Maytag. Not only is Maytag no longer a Quality product, they don't care about their customers. It would appear they manufacturer appliances to last 12 months and after that watch out for the repair bills. I bought my washer and dryer when I retired two years ago and the washer already requires over 4800.00 in repairs! I also have spent over $400.00 on my refrigerator in the same time period. It does not get used that much and has worn out already. I bought Maytag so I wouldn't have to worry about appliances anytime soon. Boy was I wrong. I wouldn't buy another Maytag or Whirlpool product ever again. Yes, Maytag has been bought out by Whirlpool. Whirlpool manufactures for other brands as well. Beware before you buy! Don't bother calling customer service either, they couldn't care less about your problems with their appliances. They tell you that you should have bought an extended warrenty. I guess they know there isn't much chance of the appliances lasting beyond the original 12 month warrenty! I told them they had lost a customer and they didn't seem to be too concerned. Hope this will deter others from having to go through what I have faced.

Ro
Apr 16, 2013

Comments

• Ml
      31st of Aug, 2014

I have a dryer that is less than 2 years old. Model MED6000XW. Months after I bought it there was a very loud clunk, clunk. I called Maytag repair and they found a 2" tear in the metal drum. The clunk was the jagged metal hitting the outside shell of the dryer unit. Repair would be almost $300.This tear ruined my clothes. Everything catches on it. My towels are covered with pulled threads. I wrote to Maytag and after much back and forth was told that the 1-year warranty had expired, which I new, and that there was nothing they could do. There is nothing I could have done to cause the metal drum to tear. Just tonight I turned on the dryer and the drum seized. The tear became so large that it caught on something in the dryer and will no longer turn. How could they not be responsible for this fatal defect? I'm done with Maytag. Sorry to hear of your troubles with the company.