[Resolved] Maytag / maytag bravos xl
I purchased the BravosXL from Lowes on 11/14/14 with a 3-yr protect plan for $663.75.
Just over the 3-yr mark, the drive blew.
However, within that 3-yr period, we moved, and the unit was NOT even used for almost a year. So, after a little more than 2 years' use, this product crapped out. That averages about $300/yr.
On May 1, 2018, I called Maytag & was referred to a local authorized repairman, who advised me that it would be less costly to buy a new washer than repair the drive train. I put the LG that came with the house back in use.
Ultimately, I find it unacceptable that I paid more for this Maytag Bravos XL product, which is supposed to be a quality product, than the cost of using a laundromat.
I would appreciate some monetary compensation, as I have just recently purchased a similar Maytag (just for the matched look) with a 5-yr protection plan, BUT with much trepidation.
I appreciate your consideration in this matter.
Maytag Customer Care's Response, Jun 12, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to speak with us today, Teresa. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us in the future if you have any other questions or concerns.
More Maytag Complaints & Reviews
- Maytag - won't clean dishes! 
- Maytag / French Door Refrigerator - problems with the ice maker! 
- Maytag Atlantis Washing Machine - spin cycle problems 
- Maytag Quiet Series 200 Dishwasher - piece of junk! 
- Maytag - maytag centennial washer 
- Maytag - Dishwasher
- Maytag - maytag washing machine mwf608bf and chef's magic trade center, inc.
- Maytag - maytag dryer
- Maytag Jordan - dishwasher
- Maytag - maytag warranty service for washer purchased 6 months ago