Maytag / french door refrigerator model #mfi 2269vem10

1 Canada

Bought the fridge from Home Depot and took delivery in December 2014. We are away in the winter for 5 months a year so the fridge has only had about 24 months use. The door alarm started beeping and flashing, all else was working. Unplugged and plugged back in and all seemed well for 10 minutes then the beeping started again . Did the same procedure again only this time the control board and interior lights went dead. Called Maytag approved repair and paid $86 for the service call. Told the control board was gone and it would cost $418 plus another service call.That amounts to a repair bill of $ 600 for a fridge with 24 months use. Called Maytag and they wiped their hands clear saying it was out of warranty.
Had a similar experience with General Motors back in 1980 when after 16 months the transmission failed and then the cam shaft let go. Got the same response as Maytag.I bought 10 cars since then and none of them were GM. All my family and friends were told the story and none have also bought GM. Look where GM is today. If you don't stand behind your product word gets out. Every time I visit Homedepot I will make it a point to share my story with potential appliance buyers. Maytag falls into the same category as a thief. Take your money and give you nothing. With social media I will tell my story. Donnie Wilson, Albert Bridge Nova Scotia.

Do