Maytag Dependability Plus / does not honor warranty

We have a Jenn Air range stove and the grill portion was not working properly. We had purchased the Dependability Plus Warranty. We called and they suggested cleaning out these small holes which were clogged. We tried to do this and it didn't work. They told us to have someone come out and this would be covered. We had someone come out and they fixed it for $117.91 and said it wasn't covered. He was there less than 5 minutes. I then called Maytag Dependability Plus and they said that it wasn't covered and were making excuses saying it was our "abuse and neglect."

Do not purchase this warranty. It is not worth the paper it is written on, and the personnel will tell you parts and service are covered until you actually make a claim.

A  14th of Apr, 2007 by
Does not cover if you exceed the cost of the appliance. Worst extended warranty.
A  29th of Jul, 2007 by
We purchased a refrigerator in 2001 and bought the extended warranty at that time. Recently something happened to my icemaker I called extended warranty and they had no record I had bought the extended warranty. I sent Maytag a copy of my original receipt showing I had purchased this, but they will not honor this. The dealer has gone out of business, Scotts Maytag... Which leaves me with nothing,
A  20th of Aug, 2009 by
I purchased a Maytag Dependability Plus warranty for our washer and dryer on 11/4/2008.
On 8/3 2009 our dryer stopped working. After about 6 feeble atempts to repair it Maytag said we exceeded the cost of the dryer and too bad for us as they would pay no more.
However their website states that they will repair or replace the appliance with purchase of the warranty.
I have sent a letter to the attorney general consumer protection agency. I also complained to the better Business Bureau along with an e-mail to Dan Rodericks of the Sun.
A  20th of Aug, 2009 by
Total discust. I will never buy another Maytag product.

Maytag Logo Maytag