Maytag Centennial Washer / doesn't fill/clothes smell dirty

Memphis, United States

We purchased a Maytag centennial washer in February and over the next month it proceeded to leak out from under the machine. Hoses and connections were checked and there were no problems with those, so I made a service appointment through Maytag's website. The repairman came, could not find anything wrong and balanced the legs on the machine. It continued to leak so I emailed customer service for a new unit and was told they would not replace it, but I could call the repairman again. Thankfully, Lowe's, where we purchased the machine, allowed us to return it and get a new machine, although we were past the 30-day return period for appliances. So, now the new machine does not fill with enough water to cover the clothes, no matter what settings I put it on. Also, the clothes come out smelling dirty. My husband's shirts and our towels still smell dirty even after washing on the heavy soil setting. In 14 years, I never had these problems with our Amana. I absolutely hate this washer and am dusgusted that we spent hard-earned money on it. I will never buy another Maytag and will go out of my way to tell other people not to buy one either.

Sr