Maruti Udyog Limited / bad servicing of vehicle

1 India Review updated:

I stay in a remote place in assam. I purchased one maruti wagonr in march2006 from your authorised dealer based in guwahati (pallavi motors pvt. ltd). during my 2nd servicing, I had mentioned about the sound coming out from the front right side, while driving thru bad road. the sound is something like bubbling sound and I suspected, it might be of tie rod end. when the vehicle was delivered, I was told that all the jobs have benn done. to my surprise nothing was done and the problem still persists.

Then I called up customer care at pallavi motors, where I was told to bring my car during 3rd servicing & they will rectify the defect then.

Subsequently, I had sent my car on the 4th of may'07 after giving all the details of the jobs to be done. this time also nothing has been done and the problem still persists. sir, I stay in a remote place and it is not possible for me to come to guwahati every now n then. I am very very disappointed with the after sales service of yours authorized dealer. I am regretting for buying a vehicle from maruti udyog limited. during my 3rd servicing I had even told that - whatever parts are required to be changed I am ready to pay for it, but still the response is very poor. overall, I had a very poor experience with pallavi motorsx, guwahati, assam. I am surprised, being such a reputed company, how can you have dealers like this, who doe snot even understand the job or does not want to understand and is not customer friendly. shame on you.

Comments

• Ta
      15th of May, 2007

Re:

Managing Director,
    MARUTI UDHYOG LIMITED,
    11th Floor,
    Jeevan Perkashan Building,
    25, Kasturba Gandhi Marg,
    NEW DEHLI-110001

SUB: - Complaint of SWIFT VDI bears engine no. 1007243, Chasis No. 217540, Temp registration no.UCY0007865T, Registration No. HRO2Q7330 Purchase from M/S PANDIT AUTOMOBILES (saharanpur) PVT LTD, AMBALA ROAD, SAHARANPUR

I, TARUN AGGARWAL Director VATA PAPERS LIMITED had purchased the above said brand new vehicle made by MARUTI UDHYOG LIMITED. From very first day of purchase I felt that I had made a wrong decision to buy the maruti product.

This is only due to the vehicle by which I got so many problems like steering noise, clutch paddle vibration, noise during break, missing on a speed of 60-70 kmph, pulling on left hand side. I ask these problems to M/S PANDIT AUTOMOBILES PRIVATE LIMITED, JAGADHARI on dated 20th march 2007. They ask to send the vehicle to the workshop. After the whole day checking, they said that the ECM of the above vehicle is defective. After diagnosing the said problem they send the vehicle back to me. No prescription I found to remove the disease.

Then I regular make the phone call to Mr. Ravinder Kamboj (09812455896) (works manager jagadhari) to solve the problem. Finally on 24th march they ask to send the vehicle. For the whole day of keeping the vehicle they had done service also and finally refuse us to solve the above matter and also ask to talk to the seller of vehicle. I Said to him that the seller is your sister concern and we had made the deal here but the enable us to intervene.

Then I talk to Mr. Randhir (09997099197) (works manager Saharanpur). He said to me to send the vehicle to Saharanpur. On demand I send the vehicle to Saharanpur but they refuse to entertain the vehicle. I exclaimed! What is this? Am me a fool? But what can I do, like a foolish fellow I get back the vehicle after getting an assurance to repair the brand new vehicle for after 3-4 days.

Now it becomes a daily routine to make a call to Mr. Ravinder, Mr. Randhir but all fails. Only my call can make them disturb. Then I got contact no. of Mr. Supreet (09871281296) (ASM UP). After discussing with him, he said to send the vehicle at Saharanpur.

On dated 11/04/2007 at 8.00 am I left the vehicle at Saharanpur. There they hold the vehicle for two days. On date 12th April they get back the vehicle in same position which was very first day with a punishment of the whole tank of fuel was consumed, Rs 250 billed to me for wheel balancing, and also with an assurance note “ALL LOCKS AND ECM NEEDS TO CHANGE”. Also I only found harassment with brand new vehicle for last 27 days.

Till today I got only lolly pops, after a regular phone call at last on dated 24th April the ECM and Locks was changed. I feel I had done a great job. My working to repair a brand new vehicle was got cleared. Now my vehicle performs ok.
    But after 2- 3 days my illusion become over and I strikes down on the earth of reality. I found that after changing the ECM and Locks all problems are as it is. So I get depressed too much. I could not imagine what I have to do. I only feel that I had made a mistake to buy the MARUTI PRODUCT. I had purchase a great problem after paying Rs 550000/- aprox .from MARUTI UDHYOG LIMITED.

Now in last 54 days of purchase of the above vehicle a minimum of 70 calls I made to your associates and minimum 15 to 18 visit of a brand new vehicle to the workshop for repair. And now they are again asking to send the vehicle to the workshop. Now what I have to do? As I am in the touring job, I need vehicle to much, in last days when I send the vehicle to workshop I need to hire the taxi and you know better how much taxi costs.

I can not think what I have to do now. Till date 8500 km of running the vehicle I have no favorable solution. Only seems to close my business for few days and make a regular attendance to the workshop of MARUTI UDHYOG LIMITED.

At last my humble request with folded hand to you please intervene the whole matter and get it possible to change the vehicle. Remember one thing always courts are open for all.

Thanking you and looking forward for better future relationships.

Sincerely,

TARUN AGGARWAL
    S/O SH.ROSHAN LAL AGGARWAL
    H.NO. 193, HARI PERSHAD COLONY
    YAMUNA NAGAR.
    092540-83800

C/C
    1. Regional Office (north 1)
    2. Regional Office (central)
    3. Pandit Automobiles, Jagadhari

Mr.Mangesh Kulkarni.
    Customer Care Service
    Wonder Cars Ltd.
    Pimpri, Pune – 411018.

The following is the text of letter addressed to Maruti Udyog Limited (Customer Care)

Dear Sir

I would like to bring following grievances for your kind attention and necessary action.
    In respect of my Maruti Alto (Make – 2006) ( Reg No. MH – 14, AM 9306.)

On 21st May 2008 my vehicle was having some battery related problem. I could push start it and took the vehicle at nearest authorized Service Station i.e M/s WONDER CARS LIMITED, MIDC F –II Block, Pimpri, Pune – 411018 which happens to be nearest Authorized Service Center near my residence.

1.The vehicle was referred to Service Center at around 1.30 p.m. and after noticing the battery defect I requested the Service Adviser (Mr.Swapnil) to book the vehicle for regular paid service of the vehicle.

2.The vehicle battery was inspected immediately however the decision to accept the
    Vehicle for regular paid service was kept pending owning to Lunch-break I was asked to contact again after lunch-break

3.My request for regular paid up service was not attended up to 6.30 p.m. and when
    Contacted again the service adviser had refused to accept the said vehicle for
    Servicing on the pretext that there is heavy delivery schedule. From 1.30 p.m. till
    6.30 p.m. my vehicle was lying at Service Station and no action was taken.

4.Since my vehicle was in break down condition and owning to battery problem it could not be started again I requested to book the vehicle for next days service and also requested to park the vehicle within the Service Center premises. The said Service Adviser refused to book it for next days servicing and I was asked to remove the vehicle from the Service Center. At around 7.00 p.m. I had to remove my vehicle, which was in break down condition.

5.Considering that the Service Center might have parking problem I took the
    Vehicle to the Show Room of Wonder Cars located around 2 Kms away from the Service Center and again approached to Service Advisor and requested him to kindly book the vehicle for next days service schedule and arrange to pick it up from company show room. Since the vehicle was in break down condition I had no other option other then to refer it for immediate servicing.

6.The said Service Adviser even refused come out of his office and conveyed message through third person that the he will not book the same for next days booking. When requested again to confirm next date available for serving he refused to confirm. Further as no confirmation was forthcoming also the Service Adviser was not even willing to talk to me I was left with no option other than to remove my vehicle from company show room at 8.30 p.m.

7.From 21st May 2008 till today my vehicle is lying in break down condition and your authorized service center is neither allowing me to park my vehicle in front of Service Center nor in a position to confirm the date available for servicing.

In addition to this I had other two wonderful experiences with the same dealer, I would like to share with you.

On 29th November 2006 riot broke out in Pune city and several vehicles were damaged. The front screen and side windows of the car were damaged. All the glass pieces were scattered inside the vehicle. When I requested pick up facility the dealer refused to pick up the car on the pretext that their Staff members may get injured .by broken glass pieces Finally I had to drive the damaged car to service station and get it repaired..

During the first week of March 2008 the vehicle was referred for minor repair and special request was made to check the battery. However the vehicle was delivered to me without any final inspection and the battery was not properly checked. Even the distilled water level inside the battery was not checked it was totally empty. On the second day of delivery the vehicle broke down and I had to rectify the battery defect from other agency. .
    In view of above developments please clarify what is the use of so called warranty of initial period of Two years and also extended warranty of another two years when dealer is not even allowing to park break down vehicle in front of Service Center.

Leave aside the co-called 24 hours pick up service facility, The said dealer is not proving any break down facility and when the customer himself is referring the matter for servicing the dealer is not even allowing entry of vehicle inside his work -shop premises.

The Service Adviser is not willing confirm the date of service. Since your dealer is busy in entertaining new customers. The initial period of two years have already gone and I had three horrible experiences narrated above what is the faith of remaining warranty period of another two years.

Sir, I shall remain thankful if you could kindly appraise me of your views on above developments.

Thanking you.

COMPLAIN CONSTANT STAND AFTER SERVICES

• Vi
      27th of Nov, 2008

Dear Sir,

This is to convey to you my continued Disatisfaction with your service. I have a Maruti Alto 2003 model reparied and serviced by you on 14/11/2008 invoice no 003876 Job no 2050, where by three things had to be repaired and service
    1.Suspension system had to be replaced and overhalued which included balancing and alingment.
    2.A/C although working properly needed some charging and service.
    3.Brake pads
    After charging me 24000/- for the same I am left with a feeling of being cheated and Dissatified.

1.The steering still pulls on the Right ( Although you claim the alighment is done)
    2.A/C which is blown off on the road twice now and left unfucntional completely.
    3.The radiator is also blown off now which never needed any repairs but was flushed and service.
    4.The brakes still make a squealing noise

When approached your personal, Mr Khalid claims the ECM is gone bad and needs to be replaced which is a cost of 15000/-

Sir,
    How do you explain a car that needed suspension and Ac service working well ending up with an ECM problem after all of your service not to mention the repairs done?

I have reasons to believe I am cheated in the name of Maruti Authorised sercice station and dont see a difference between a road side garage and a Maruti Authorised Garage any more where you cant trust.

I am a Middle class person for whome time is of essense and dont believe in getting into lenghty litigations and running after your personal.But to say the least you have lost more then the money is my Trust.

Concider this mail as my last hope in Zentia, Maruti and its service

Regards

Yogesh Ponda 9821606561

• Mo
      6th of Jan, 2009

Dear Sirs,
    I purchased Maruthi Dsire from POPULAR VEHICLE AND SERVICE, CALICUT and the two services done from Popular Vehicle and services Ezhiladu, Payyannur. In the second service I complained about Head Lamp, Shock Absorber and Rear Strut, they informed me to that to repair within 15 days. Now the third service is coming and when I booking for the service through SHENONLAL they infomed I have to wait for three days more.

SERVICE DETAILS:
    First Service done on 10-11-08 service code is 4579.
    Second Service done on 04-12-08 service code is 4702.

• Dr
      18th of Nov, 2009

i sent my wagon r bearing registration no jko2 w 6736 to shaurya motors jammu for servicing and after the vehicle for 2 days and charging rs 5200/= they have returned my vehicle virtually in same condition. shaurya motors in jammu are providing worst service and maruti company in not taking any action against them.

dr anil kumar dhar
    jammu

• Na
      21st of Dec, 2009

I have also faced the same problem with my new Swift Dezire, where in M/S Mandovi Motors of Bagalore has taken more than a moth to repair the car & even to day they have not delievered. It looks like they have an understanding with insurance company & they are not replacing the door since a month. They are sttill trying to repair the door, mean while damaging the right fender & front & rear bumpers.

Its very pathetic situation to deal with irresponsible people like this Mondovi motors rather it is Maruti Suzuki. I spoke this morning with Suzuki Japan to address this issue.

Nagi
    Bangalore

• Mr
      8th of Feb, 2010

when van is on not glwoing malfuction indicator and unable starting van

• As
      17th of Feb, 2010

Dear Sir,

I, Ashok Kapoor, purchased a Swift LXi on Dec 26, 2008 from Rohan Motors Dehradun (Chtakrata Road).I would like a inform you that i'm in relationship with Maruti Since 14 Years this is my 4th Car.

I've bought my car from dehradun (Rohan motor) but now days i'm staying with my son in Delhi.
    last month i been to dehradun & i've given my car to Rohan Motor for my 3 Service.

Car Details: Swift LXi (White)
    Registration No. & Date UK-07-X-3066, Jan 06, 2009
    Owner's name: Mr. Ashok Kapoor
    Chassis No. MA3EKE41S00339113
    Engine No.G13BBN435942

Last Servicing did on 27 jan 2010 By ROHAN MOTORS Dehradun

i was very much impressed with the good quality of servicing by maruti dealer but this time i'm very upset because after my 3 servicing i didnt find any changes in my car i would like to raise a point which i'm facing:

1: while driving the consumption of petrol is getting more,

2: The driving is not so smooth, i've to press more throttle for the speed of 60KM/hr (if 1 person is sitting in the car)

3: if 5 person is sitting in the car my car dont allow me to drive at the speed of 80 Km/hr.

4: whenever i switch on the Fan the dust comes out in the car. and if i switch on the Air conditioner some stinking smell out.

5: Rohan Motors Guys changed the Oil & Filter in front me due to that also i didnt find any changes in my car its giving me a feeling like they just washed the car and did nothing else.

These are my points which which i would like you to consider it asap.
    i'll reach to dehradun by 24 of this month (Feb)

My Contact details are
    Ashok Kapoor: 9910223910 (Delhi) & 9897522391 (Dehradun)
    My Son No. Amit Kapoor 9650600160

i hope you will respond to my email as soon as possible & in future this will not happen again.

Thanking you
    A family member of maruti
    Ashok kapoor