Marriott Hotel / called the police on me
I had lost my credit card the day before staying at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis. They didn’t want to use my debit card so I made a cash deposit. The next night we ate in their restaurant after waiting over 2 hours for a table. After eating a so-so meal we signed for it. Immediately after signing I remembered I didn’t have a credit card at the front desk so I immediately went and increased my cash deposit so that it would more than cover the meal, tip and any other incidental charges. A few minutes later my son, who was in our room, said the restaurant called and wanted us to settle the bill.
Since I was near the front desk I told them about the issue and they said they would take care of it. At 1 AM there was a loud knock at our room’s door. The restaurant sent an Atlanta police officer. I explained the issue to her and she called downstairs. After the call she told me not to worry about it. At 2 AM another knock disturbed our sleeping family. This time two Atlanta police officers were there, demanding I go downstairs with them. As an insulin dependent diabetic the stress caused my blood sugar levels to plummet, I informed the police of this but my health wasn’t as important as resolving the already taken care of restaurant bill.
I was extremely embarrassed walking through the lobby with two uniformed officers in the middle of the night. At the front desk the realized that a mistake happened. No real apology was offered but the points I had used for the stay were refunded. After contacting Marriott’s corporate office we were told Marriott would arrange a points stay in New Orleans for us for a football game we want to attend. After 12 days they told us they were unable to do this. During this 12 day delay all hotel rooms in New Orleans sold out so now we have no place to stay.
This is how they treat their Platinum elite members, people who spend 75+ nights a year in their properties. Now I am left with an autistic daughter who was traumatized by the event, a wife with diabetes and Lupus who is now out of remission due to the stress she was put through and no place to stay in New Orleans next month. I will remember this the next time I or any of my employees and co-workers book a one month stay at a hotel.
More Marriott Hotel Complaints & Reviews
- Marriott - marriott cancellation policy the worst! 
- Marriott International - treatment of employees 
- Marriott Residence Hotel, Address: 147, Cromwell Road, Kensington London, United Kingdom Sw5 0Th - CONFIRM APPOINTMENT LETTER TRUE OR FALSE 
- Marriott Residence Hotel - appointment for the post of front manager from uk 
- Marriott Hotel Canada - employment 
- Marriott / Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing Hotel - they never care about their staff
- MARIOTTEHOTELLONDON - FAKE 100& DONT SEND THE MONEY!
- Marriott International - marriott sponsorship of nfl
- Marriott International - lack of service
- Courtyard Marriott - shuttle service from fort myers airport