Having problems with Travelocity?

Travelocity reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 19, 2006. The latest review Lies - I can't use my promised travel credit was posted on Oct 22, 2021. The latest complaint refund problem was resolved on Oct 09, 2014. Travelocity has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 199 reviews. Travelocity has resolved 45 complaints.

Travelocity Customer Service Contacts

1855 863 9601 (United States)
1855 231 0928 (Canada)
+1 417 520 5312 (International)
5400 LBJ Freeway, Suite 500
Dallas, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Travelocity Customer Service. Initial Travelocity complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Travelocity above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Travelocity. Discuss the issues you have had with Travelocity and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Travelocity Complaints & Reviews

TravelocityLies - I can't use my promised travel credit

I paid for 6 tickets from LAX to MAD on Jan 2020 scheduled to leave 3/18/2020. Since this is when the pandemic started, I called several times w/different agents the weekend prior to take off and was told I could not cancel but I would get a credit good through 12/31/20. Months later, since the pandemic was still going strong, I called again and was told my credit would extend until December 2022. I have log of calls, emails confirming the ticket credits and today's TRAVELOCITY APP screen shot of where I have sales credit for all 6 tickets.. Last week I called to use my credit and after 4 hours on the phone with different agents, I was told different stories ranging from "a refund has been issued" to the last agent who said the British Airways had me as a no show. The Travelocity APP shows my 6 tickets with option to use credit but when I enter new dates, I keep getting error to try again. I called today, was transferred to a "specialist", waited for 2hrs and was told by that agent that she would have to transfer me again and dropped my call.

TravelocityLosing Itineary in System

Hello, I made a package trip plan with Travelocity on May 2, 2021, worth over $4, 000 (Flights, Hotel, Insurance) and was issued an Itinerary # [protected]. The airline cancelled the flights and when I reached out to Travelocity I discovered that the Itin # could not be found. After a lengthy chat and 4 more lengthy calls, each agent I spoke with said that they could not find the Itin and that they could not help. I offered to email the supporting docs but Travelocity would not provide an email address.

I continued to get texts and emails from Travelocity regarding this trip, all referencing the Itin # stated above. When I would call support the automated system would ask about which portion of my trip I wanted to discuss. So, somehow the Travelocity system did have some way of finding my trip plans but none of the agents could locate the itin and make the cancellations I wished due to the flight cancellation by United.

I am unsure of the cancellation and refund status and can not reach anyone at Travelocity who can help, despite being promised that they would find the problem with my Itin and resolve it.

TravelocityRe-booking

I booked a trip from the US to Athens in early 2020 with Travelocity. It got canceled because of Covid. Now that I feel safe enough to travel again...and because online it says I have to use it by Decembr 31st 2021 I would like to travel. When I try and book online or on the app it says there is an error and to try again. This has been happening for months. When I call they tell me to book with Turkish Airlines and when I call Turkish Airlines they tell me they cant help me either. This has been happening over and over again. I have spent hours on the phone trying to use my credit and no one will help.

TravelocityBooking hotel room

Booked a room for 5 am and after paying with my credit card they sent me an email stating my check-in was at 2 pm. I needed a room right then and there so I went with someone else. They didn't want to refund me for their error and the supervisor Kyle I spoke to never called me back and when I called Travelocity back they said I can't speak Tia. Supervisor unless I have a valid reason which he didn't seem to think I had so I was denied speaking to a supervisor. All of this for $120. Never using them again.

Travelocityrental car

I recently booked a rental car through Travelocity, but when I went to go pick up the car my credit card was not honored and I was going to a funeral a real inconvenience, and now I'm being thrown around in regards to my refund. The rental car company attempted to refund me but couldn't because Travelocity charged me. Iv'e continued to call and get a run around about my money.
          Iteniary-[protected] Sixt rental [protected]/US6ED000

Sep 30, 2021

Travelocity — Refund request

itinerary [protected] Travelocity issued a credit for $616, 76 for hotel cancelled during the pandemic. I...

TravelocityCustomer Refund / Cancellation

Husband made anniversary plans weeks in advance. We found out there was a death in family. Contacted travelosity before cancel / refund date. Wanted to reschedule and they said nothing available so we asked for a refund. Customer Service said we will get a refund we were within limitations for it. Had to Book again with Travelosity for LA. funeral. We received numerous emails from Travelosity saying they were still trying to contact the hotel. The last one we received we were told the hotel isnt answering so we got denied our money, and there is no refund. I have attached the conversations with the customer sales rep. Screen shots of all the emails that were sent but nobody knew what the actual problem was... we had to explain over and over... We just want our money back as told we would considering we called within the limitations for the refund. We have never had any problems with Travelosity. Just feel like you are not working for your customer.

TravelocityCancelled Flights

Good Day,
              I have to say that I have been booking flights and hotels through Travelocity for over 10yrs. Everything was easy and seamless until I had a problem.

I had a number of flights booked to a few Caribbean islands for April and May 2020. On April 10th, 2020 the airline(Caribbean Airline) cancelled all flights. I contacted Travelocity and cancelled my reservations.

Caribbean Airlines did not travel again Internationally until late July 2021. On August 4th, 2021 I called and rebooked my flights with Travelocity after paying the additional charge for the higher fare. I also purchased an additional flight. I received confirmation by email from Travelocity about all three flights.
              Luckily the airline changed the times on that flight two weeks ago. When speaking with the airline to confirm new times I was advised that there was only one flight booked.
              I contacted Travelocity. After 2.5hrs on the phone with them I was advised that a manager will contact me within 24hrs. Two days later I called again as no one contacted me. As a matter of fact I called about five times over a week. I was upset but I remained calm and professional. Each time I was on the phone for lengthy periods. Each time I asked for a manager and none were ever available. They kept telling me that the manager would call. |I advised that they have never called from other promises. I NEVER was able to get any help and no manager ever called me.
              On a couple occasions I was advised that the tickets were expired. I advised that the airline gave extensions as they were not flying. No one could or would help me. Apparently two of the confirmed tickets were cancelled by Travelocity without my knowledge.

I eventually called the airline and told them of my predicament with travelocity. The airline was great and quickly rebooked me.
              At this point I am extremely happy with the airline. The service I received from Travelocity was the worst I have ever had. I am sure this complaint will just be filed but I had to get it off my chest.

My Case# is [protected] I spoke with a Ziad, Zack, Renata among others. I really don't believe that's their names cause I caught a couple of them in lies to me.

Have a pleasant day
              Neil McEachrane

TravelocityCar rental

Are you kidding? I have spent thousands with this company on flights - hotels- car rentals, but this fiasco 3 hour ordeal of a car rental and speaking with Customer Agents whose 2nd language is English and not first, how the hell are you to resolve highly complicated scenarios across the ocean in another time zone. Travelocity a -10 in customer service and relying heavily on cheap overseas labor while the US population paying in US dollars has to expend, exasperate, and test the patience of the Customer through fake names and illiterates!!! And it will be getting worse with an open border allowing illegally in viral diseased 3rd world country illiterates into the USA for the specific agenda of the far left radicals to retain power through exploitation of illegals, illiterates all to retain political power!!! People does it get any worse that you lose US $$$'s that you have been taxed on and then you have to put up with this cheap exploited overseas labor from American companies?????? Houston we have major issues to reform!!!

TravelocityTravel to Bermuda

After carefully reading ALL written restriction regarding COVID for a trip to Bermuda on June 15th for travel on June 26 - and found nothing except testing prior to travel and once while there. Nothing about vaccines. As soon as I booked and the confirmation came thru it notified us of mandatory vaccines. I IMMEDIATLEY CALLED TO CANCEL - I also emailed and "chat" about this because I did not have a vaccine nor could I receive one in the time allotted. I also insured the trip as well. While they cancelled much of the trip they kept the "insurance fee" along with a cancellation fee. Now the time between the confirmation and the cancelled is 11 minutes. I would never do business with them again. What a scam!!

TravelocityAmerican Airline Tickets

On Saturday 8/28/21 I was going to be traveling to New Orleans with my mom and friend. Unfortunately, our plans had to be changed because New Orleans was mandatorily being evacuated due to a category 4 hurricane that damaged many buildings on Sunday 8/29/21. The Marriott Hotel in New Orleans was kind enough to give us a full refund but American Airlines for some reason took off flight toward New Orleans. I'm not sure how that was possible if people were told to evacuate. I requested a refund from Travelocity and American Airlines with just a bunch of back forth. Neither company wants to take responsibility for giving us a refund which is absurd. We would have went if it wasn't for a hurricane. Who would put their lives in jeopardy just to be turned around anyway once you get there?

TravelocityPackage refund

I was not able to fly to Paris as I am an older adult at risk for COVID. My trip was on March [protected]) and I have requested a refund many times but I was told British Airways does not want to do it because I did not cancel my trip. I tried calling and emailing Travelocity but got no answer for months, I also tried chatting and cancelling on line with both companies. I called BA and even went to the airport to ask BA about the flight and I was advised not to travel as flights were getting cancelled everywhere (my connecting flight in London was cancelled). Travelocity gave me credit for the flights with BA but I need a refund. I contacted BA and they send me to you and vice-versa. Please help me.

Sep 05, 2021

Travelocity — Refund not given even after instructions from Travelocity

I booked a hotel room for the wrong date and immediately noticed the mistake after I hit the button. I called...

Aug 25, 2021

Travelocity — Refund or credit to travel in the future

Hi my name is yazmin, we bought 3 plane tickets to spain with travel's insurance the total was $ 3, 102.81 ...

Travelocityrefund for cancelled flight

I am writing regarding trip I booked on May 5, 2022, Travelocity itinerary #[protected]. The airline changed flight schedule without my prior concent, making it extremely long and inconvenient. I had no choice but to cancel it. I was assured by the agent that full refund will be credited to my credit card account withi 4-6 weeks. I am positive there was no confusion on my part, as I specifically cleared the refund issue in our conversation. Now the Travelocity is making it look like I got confused and only company credit was issued to me. I wish I recorded our phone conversation, unfortunately I have no proof on hand.

TravelocityItinerary [protected] Refund missing

The transportation was canceled and the vendor issued full refund. Travelocity ONLY refunded $100. The total charge was $507.25. I have been following up with Travelocity billing department for the few weeks and have been told numerous times the full refund will be issued, Nothing has been done so far and every time I call, I stay on hold for few hours, then I am told again that there will be another follow up case created and then I get disconnected. And then over and over again. I find it unethical and even illegal not to issue the refund . Please do so as soon as possible.
                          I can be reached at [protected]
                          Thank you .

TravelocityAce Rental Car

To Whom it concerns,
                            On May 3, 2021, I used Travelocity to reserve a rental car. While searching the site, I was led to Ace Car Rental. I reserved a car during a trip to San Diego California. When my family arrived and was in route to the Ace Car Rental office the van driver stated the they had overbooked reservations and they did not have any cars left for rental. I didn't understand how this could happen, I reserved early and it was just 10:00 am. I don't believe that they could have rented all if the cars so early. I had to frantically seek other car rental services and fortunately I was able to get a rental. The Ace Car rental reservation quoted a rate that would have cost $386, however, I ended up paying over $800 for a car. I believe that Travelocity should definitely think about dropping Ace Rental Car from your site. Thank you, My name is Craig Jeffery [protected])

Ace Rental Car
                            Ace Rental Car

Respond

TravelocityTicket Cancellation by airline but no refund

Booked ticket through Travelocity, taking CX and AC from HK/Seoul/Vancouver/Victoria. But CX cancelled our flight and reschedule to another day which we cannot connect the AC flight to Canada. I was also told that I cannot have my refund but only airline credit for use within one year. But I want my money US$5, 145 back instead of airline credit.

Called Travelocity and talk to at least 5-6 agents, strange thing is that the line always got cut off in the miiddle of the call, and no agent called me back to follow up the call. Sent several emails to Travelocity to request to talk to the supervisor in Asia, but never receive any call response. Travelocity only provide a general number for me to call, but the call keep me waiting for 30 minutes without be able to talk to an agent.

Really very frustrated with the service Travelocity provided. Due to CX sudden cancellation, it screwed up my whole family trip and I have to look for somewhere else to book the tickets.

Travelocity needs to respond and arrange cancellation and refund.

Complaint from Hong Kong

TravelocityEmail Privacy Issue

Every time I visit the Travelocity site it automatically enters the dates and destination of my upcoming flight because it is somehow reading my email (also open). This is a overt and direct violation of my privacy violation. There is literally no other way they could have pre-loaded destinations and dates without "reading" my emails. This has happened to me on two separate occasions in two separate months of the year.

TravelocityFairfield inn Tuscaloosa Alabama

We just got here and we have stayed in about every hotel in Tuscaloosa and this is the 1st hotel the pool water is freezing cold
                                  Apr 23, 9:19 PM
                                  We would like this resolved by 1st thing in the morning.
                                  Apr 23, 9:20 PM
                                  I just found out the pool is not heated? Why would you have an indoor pool. It heated. We will be checking out in the morning with a refund please.
                                  Apr 23, 9:22 PM
                                  Read Apr 23, 10:35 PM
                                  I'm sorry this has happened to you during your stay here our pool its self isn't heated but the room our pool is in is heated to make it feel like summer year round. I appreciate your honesty and letting us know about your stay and we will be taking care of you charges due to problems during your stay.
                                  Thank you again.
                                  Apr 23, 10:37 PM

• Updated by Kelly Rosenberger · Jul 20, 2021

I was later told, several weeks later I would not be receiving a refund because of the hotel policy.
                                      I was charged for 2 nights and stayed one. It has been almost impossible to get something done about this.

• Updated by Kelly Rosenberger · Jul 20, 2021

MY grandson got his hand caught in the elevator door and I showed the worker she did nothing. When we got to the room, I went to take a shower and there was a used bar of soap in the room. It was nuts!
                                      I reported to the front desk, but it was late so we were gone by 8:30am. I paid for 2 nights and didn't stay but for one and was told I would be refunded by Travelocity but then later the hotels policy would not let them.
                                      Very bad service, I did a better business review and sent a message to travelocity.