MagicJack / I hate magic jack

1 TX, United States Review updated:

I got my magic crap from my mother-in-law for Christmas 2 years ago. She only gave me the box it came in and a piece of paper with the email address the account was under. It worked on and off for about 6 months or so. I had multiple problems with it, Firewall issues, not loading properly, then finally it saying Defective Device Contact Customer Support. HAHA Good luck with that. Customer Support what a joke, there is none. Just some people giving you short answers and some pre-typed BS over an live Internet chat. NO LIVE PEOPLE TO TALK WITH. I worked for over 3 months trying to get this stupid thing to work. Nothing, just frustration and a lot of wasted time. I finally had to get my mother-in-law in on the fun, they told me that i would need her to contact them with all the information, Order number and her original credit card, witch i think is crap to ask someone for the CC # over an unsecured site. Any who now they finally listened to her, got her to buy a new one at 39.95, 30 day money back, and for me to send them my magic crap defective device which we paid for. The thing doesn't work...Why should i send it back to them? Its mine. I hope this saves some people from getting ripped off. It is nothing but trouble and a headache. So please if you decide to buy MagicJack please take what I said into consideration.

Comments

• At
      12th of Nov, 2009

They misrepresent.I have people next store try to call, and it comes up as a long distance call.mY BROTHER IN LAW LIVE 9 MILES FROM ME, USED TO CALL 3 TIMES A DAY until he recd a bill for $77.00 for calling my number from his fone company.My step son has one of these pieces of junk and hi father law live 3 miles from him, used to call untill he recd a bill for $88.00 in long distance calls.Reception sucks, lots of skip.Lots pf missed calls, terrible contraption.Im going to the attorney general with this piece of crap.