Lowe's / late delivery of merchandise

We purchased a BBQ grill at Lowe's and they scheduled the delivery for yesterday morning. When it hadn't arrived by 2:00 pm, we called and were told it had been put on the 2:00 pm truck. When it hadn't arrived by 7:00 pm we called the store manager and were told it had been put on a later truck. When it didn't arrive by 10:00 pm we retired for the night. At 11:15 pm a truck drove up to our house, waking all of us, to deliver the grill. During the day, no one called to provide an update. Who delivers things at 11:15 at night? We won't be shopping at Lowe's again.

Comments

• Mi
      23rd of Oct, 2007

Can't blame you a bit Ellen. A delivery at 11:15 PM is not only ridiculous, but pretty darn inconsiderate as well. As a retail manager myself, I have little tolerance for over promising and under delivering. I mean sometimes things do happen that are outside of our control, but for Pete's sake would it have been too much for them to give you a phone call and a sincere apology? I feel for ya! ~ CaptainMike

• Vi
      30th of Oct, 2007

We purchased a refrigerator from Lowe's in Kokomo, IN last year. The salesman was a Mr. Jay Tucker. As part of the package he sold us an extended warranty that was to cover an additional 4 years after the manufacturers (GE) warranty expired.
    My wife and I have spent the entire day going trough a maze of telephone tag, trying to get service because the refrigerator was leaking. After talking to a "Stacy" who was to be transferring my wife to the department that issues the authorization for the repairs, dropped her call we tried calling her back. No one at Lowe's 888 service number knew a "Stacy". After being transfered to someone in the middle east who told us that Lowes did not offer such a warranty and did not service GE products anyway, I blew up and called the local store. This was this morning. After talking to a "Manager" named Travis Bloom he assured me he would resolve the situation.

Meanwhile in order to prevent a major flood in our newly remodeled kitchen we called Bass Appliances, the authorized GE rep and as we found out is Lowe's sub contractor in Kokomo for GE service. They came out by 1:00 pm, and determined that the fan, waterline, and a circuit board were bad, ordered parts and did a temporary fix.

Travis finally called back and told us it was still under the manufacturers warranty and gave us a GE number to call.
    We were finally told by GE that the unit was no longer under the one year manufacturers warranty, but under a Lowe's extended warranty. All this after Lowe's said we were still under the GE warranty.

I can tell you this. the unit was manufactured especially for us because of the color and was manufactured in July of 06.
    My receipt shows Aug of o6. and we did pay an additional $100.00 for the additional 4 year warrenty.
    This is a bait and switch at a minimum on Lowe's part.

All I needed from Lowe's service was an authorization for Bass Appliance to either bill Lowes or GE.

• Al
      18th of Aug, 2008

Lowe’s

I feel for you with your encounter with the phony extended warranty Lowe’s peddles. I have
    a Husqvarna zero turn mower that I let the salesman talk me into purchasing a four year extended
    Warranty for. This year I sent it in for some, what I thought was, minor adjustments on the front end.
    The warranty company sent a repair shop out to get it. (Mind you there are supposed to fix it on the spot).
    Now it is some 2 ½ months later and both the shop and the warranty company keep giving me excuses. The shop claims the warranty company is giving them the runaround about the repairs. The warranty company claims a different shop was sent out to pickup the mower, (not). Now the warranty company
    Claims they don’t know what is going on (truth). I’ve even talked to a “” supervisor, named Samantha, that swore she would find out what’s going on and get back to me by the end of the next day.
    Guess what, she lied!!!

So I’m starting another week of crook and chase. Oh yes, without a mower!!!

Recommendations: If you are going to shop a Lowe’s, stick to builders needs and home improvements.
    If you just can’t refrain from buying big ticket items, such as appliances or riding
    Mowers, save yourself some money for more enjoyable pleasures,
    DO NOT waste it on an extended warranty.

Sincerely,