LG / compressor cannot be replaced within warranty period.
We purchased an LG refrigerator (side by side doors) in July 2012 with the company claiming 10 year warranty on the compressor. 3 years hence, the fridge suddenly stopped cooling. A visit by LG Service Engineer diagnosed the problem to be with the compressor.
Ideally the compressor should get replaced, but the service station advised that compressor procurement will take lot of time so we are better off buying another fridge for 45% of cost paid for the existing one. We flatly refused since we do not wish to replace our big fridge with a small one. The initial duration promised for compressor replacement was 20 days which yesterday got extended to 47 days. Strangely, the compressor expected date is 17th July; 1 day after our fridge completes 3 years and it's exchange value reduces from 45% to 25% as per LG policy.
Calls to LG Service lead in Gurgaon to accelerate the replacement are going unanswered and the terrible heat is compounding our woes without a fridge. Will appreciate any ideas and help to resolve this situation and end our predicament.
More LG Complaints & Reviews
- LG Refrigerator - anyone who bought an lg refrigerator has run into this problem 
- LG Refrigerator - faulty control board 
- Lg / Dishwasher - nasty smell! 
- Lgmedsupply - lgmedsupply commits fraud! 
- LG Canada - warranty service 
- LG Electronics - Black stainless Refrigerator SN#610KRUCOA502 MODEL LFXS30766D
- LG Electronics - television
- LG Corporation - free warranty extensions with purchase
- LG Electronics - washer
- LG Electronics - customer service