Menu
LG Electronics
reviews & complaints

LG Electronics
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

1350 complaints
430 resolved 920 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of LG Electronics. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
T
2:48 am EDT

LG Electronics - LG Refrigerator

On March 3 I purchased a brand new open box LG refrigerator from a Best Buy Outlet. Although the refrigerator was no longer boxed, it was in mint cosmetic condition and all of the original packaging was still intact--plastic covers, tape, handles not installed, but in frig, etc. The original paperwork, including the warranty info was also included. Best Buy sales reps assured me on two different occasions that the open box products come with the same manufacturer warranty as "closed box" items.

Because I live nearly two hours away from the store, they would not deliver, so we rented a UHAUL and moved it ourselves the next day.

Within a week, we realized the refrigerator was not cooling sufficiently. I reported this to LG on March 12 and the rep determined that the frig needed to be looked at by a repairman.

I started receiving texts, FB messages and emails from LG within days assuring me that my refrigerator would be repaired. After a couple of weeks, I got multiple confused sounding messages asking me if a repair person had looked at my frig yet.

On April 29, the repair tech they engaged from Nortech in Bellevue, WA contacted me to set up an appointment for May 3 to diagnose the issue. (Yes, this part alone took 6 weeks).

On May 3 I received a text from the repair person that he was 20 minutes away. He never showed. After that, Nortech did not respond to any more communication from me—either by text or email or phone.

LG, tried with no luck, to locate another repair person. The periodic messages asking me if a repair person had contacted me yet continued.

On May 16, I received the first of 3 messages from LG that they had reviewed my receipt, and details about the frig, and approved an exchange with Best Buy purchasing. The message indicated that I would receive further instructions from Best Buy within 10 days.

On May 24, I received an email from Best Buy Purchasing with a confirmation number and instructions for the exchange.

On May 25, I contacted Best Buy to arrange the exchange. I was told that if I wanted the same model refrigerator I would have to pay an extra $600.

That same day, per the instructions from an LG rep on the FB support page, I called LGs replacement and exchange department and explained the situation to him. I reemphasized that I was OK with either a repair or a replacement, but that since the unit was under warranty, either one of those options should happen at no further cost to me. The rep in that department agreed that my replacement should not cost anything and indicated that Skyler would be starting my case over from scratch.

On June 22, Skyler FINALLY texted me to tell me that LG was going to refund my purchase price, even though I had made it clear on multiple occasions that I did not want a refund. My warranty says nothing about a refund. It states that defective products, at LG's discretion, will be either repaired or replaced.

On June 22, I sent an email to several other LG contacts. A rep from the Voice of the Consumer office replied and said they have decided that I am, in fact, not entitled to a replacement unit and that my only option is to take the refund with a 20% discount for a new refrigerator, OR to find my own repair person. The refund is contingent on my returning the refrigerator to the original store, at my own time and expense. I was told that was their best and final offer.

I contend that since my warranty says "repair or replace" that LG is obligated to provide one of those remedies at no additional cost to me. I have repeated that I am happy to get another open box refrigerator and I know for a fact that there are some available.

In effect this is what there offer means for us:

-Rent a Uhaul again.

-Get my 65 year old husband to move the giant refrigerator again-this time BACK into the truck to return it back to the Best Buy Outlet store a 3+ hour round trip from our home

-Get back my refund. of $1248

-Drive back from Seattle area and return the UHAUL

-Use the coupon for a $400 discount on a regular priced replacement unit. ($2000)

-Take the $1648 to another Best Buy store and add $352 PLUS $200 tax PLUS delivery fee to replace my defective LG refrigerator with one that actually works.

-I am out over $600, and countless hours of time trying to deal with this issue, not to mention the expense of living without a refrigerator, with their best offer BECAUSE LG sold me a defective product.

We now have been dealing without a refrigerator for nearly 4 months. The communications and process have been chaotic. The rep at LG support has told me to try a dozen different strategies to get my defective refrigerator serviced or exchanged. With every update I've given him, the response is "Ok...try this next", or "Have you tried X?" I have followed all of his advice, but I am exhausted by how much time I have put into this issue and by the fact that since I bought a defective LG refrigerator, the hassle of getting it fixed, or returned is completely on us.

Since all of my communications with LG have been in writing, all of what I am reporting here can be verified.

If any LG reps read this, please do not direct me to contact your FB support person. I have been communicating with him on a regular basis since March 12 and have 15+ pages of conversation saved. He has been able to offer advice and phone numbers but has told me many many times he can't do anythng other than that. I also have pages of texts with unfulfilled commitments from both Froilan and Skyler. Like I said, your system is chaotic.

Desired outcome: We cannot manage, either physically, or financially, to return the useless refrigerator. I just want LG to abide by their own warranty and either fix or replace the lemon they sold me.

Update by TerriinWA
Jun 29, 2022 2:19 pm EDT

Like I said in my comment, I am not going that route again. Been communicating on that Fb page for 4 months. I've filed a complaint with our state Attorney General's office and got a phone call and an email today that they are going to "take this case". With your warranty and the 30+ pages of communications from LG, many of which were completely contradictory, I am confident they will be more successful than I have been...especially since a number of those communications committed to repairing my frig and, later, replacing it. It is just absolutely unbelievable what you all are willing to put your customers through when you sell a defective product.

Update by TerriinWA
Jun 28, 2022 2:56 am EDT

PS: I did file a complaint with my states Consumer Rights department at the Attorney General's office and provided them with all of the documentation I have (emails, texts, messages, warranty, receipt, etc. I HOPE everyone who is getting scammed by LG will do the same.

W
11:57 pm EDT

LG Electronics - Refrigerator

1. Our LG Refigertor stopped working in April 2022 after a “pop” and burning smell from behind refrigerator.

2. Called Both LG and Best Buy.

3. Lg set up a service call for A&E Factory Service on 5/24/22.

4. Best Buy sent out Geek Squad on 5/4/22. They dx an “burnt motherboard” and ordered a new one. They set up a return date.

5. In the meantime we r trying to get by using a small garage refrigerator and a family member uses medication that needs refrigeration.

6. The Geek Squad returned on 5/20/22 and inserted a new motherboard. Within minutes of turning the refrigerator on, we heard a pop and smelled burning and saw smoke. As per Geek Squad, the refrigerator “probably needs a new compressor”.

7. Lg schedule repairman (see above) was supposed to show up on 5/24/22. I took off work, cx clients and waited all day. As per A&E he cx the appointment…without every letting us know d/t payment?!?…what payment, he never showed up.

8. Wife call Lg customer service again…very frustrated and crying. Another service appointment was for 6/16/22. As per your customer service rep…this is the ONLY Lg approved service for our area and we have to use an Lg approved service center to get our warranty covered.

9. A&E Factory Service Repairman did show up on 6/16/22. He did not know how to repair our refrigerator and spent most of his time on the phone with Lg. A case # was started and it is TCC22061683015.

10. We again called your customer service dept and again the dilemma is always that there is NO Lg certified services in our area.

11. A f/u service call has now been scheduled for 7/21/22…5 weeks after the last call and 3 months without our 2 year and 2 month old expensive Lg Refrigerator.

12. According to your Customer Service Rep, a new refrigerator or cost replacement is not possible until an Lg certified repairman deems that this is a manufacturer defect.

13. How can this be done without an Lg Certified repairman in our area. A&E Factory Services are horrible and are clueless.

14. We also understand that your company recently settled a class action lawsuit re: these manufacturer defected appliances.

Please remedy this situation ASAP. We have been w/o a working refrigerator in our home for over 3 months. We attached the model# from inside the unit, our original receipt when we purchased the unit, and the Lg service case #.

Please review this case and do what is right! You sold us a defected unit and we want a full refund for this product so we can purchase a new refrigerator.

Sincerely,

John R Mahoney

Desired outcome: Replacement of refrigerator

10:33 am EDT

LG Electronics - portable air conditioner

Regarding portable air conditioner model LPo621WSR. I purchased the unit at the end of May. There is no way to regulate the temperature. No matter where it is set at, the room temperature eventually reaches 60 degrees or lower, and after about 6 hours the unit shuts down completely. When I turn the display panel light on, the unit restarts, but only in fan mode. I am supposed to get a refund, which involves purchasing another unit. I did so, and it has the same problems.

S
5:08 pm EDT

LG Electronics - Single unit washer dryer

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT: LG one-unit washer dryer unit 4.7 cubic feet. I’ve done 3 small loads in this machine and the clothes have come out wet, not damp, wet. Now I find out that the machine takes 6 to 7 hours to dry even a small load, which is ridiculous. A water savings, if there is one, is offset by the increase in energy used to dry the clothes. I’ve had this new machine hooked up for a little over a week and it hasn’t even begun to do the clothes in any kind of reasonable way. The dryer filter is at the bottom of the machine and difficult to open and when it is opened, it leaks about a cup or two of water on the floor. I am 78 years old and use a walker making it extremely difficult for me to clean the filter without falling. The machine takes a long time to cool down before you can take your clothes out or you will get burned as my daughter did. Even if mentioned in the book, this is a safety feature that needs to be posted on the machine itself.

Desired outcome: Get my money back on both the unit and the warranty I bought.

H
3:41 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Outsourced customer service from India, so these people know absolutely nothing and have no stake in anything. 3rd party technician companies who never answer the phone. LG designed a system that has no accountability to anyone or anything and just wants your effing money. I have had no fridge for a month, how can I even feed my family? I can’t even go...

7:13 pm EDT

LG Electronics - LG electric double wall oven

Model LWD3653SP

Product Code LD3653SP. AS3LLGA

Serial 101KMSA03518

Purchased 2/14/2021

We have had this oven a bit over a year; the control panel blew out from overheating during a self-cleaning cycle of the lower oven. This was purchased through Costco and repair was initiated and completed.

During repair, the technician found that when the unit was installed, the shielding of the 240 wiring had been stripped. We now have exposed wiring creating a safety issue, possible fire hazard. The repair technician highly recommended we do not use the oven until the wiring issue is corrected. I would appreciate an installer be assigned to correct this situation.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Desired outcome: Exposed wiring shielded.

L
3:23 pm EDT

LG Electronics - LFXS26973S.ASTCNA0 LG French door refrigerator

I ordered an LG stainless steel French door refrigerator through Home Depot and it was delivered to me on March 10. After the delivery, we noticed there was a rub/scratch on the top left upper door. I immediately called Home Depot and they told me to call LG customer service. Within hours of delivery, I called LG and explained the situation, sent pictures , uploaded my receipt and was told that someone would get back to me within 3 to 5 business days. I have since called four times over the last eight weeks to try to get some resolution to this problem. I have asked to speak with a manager and they are never available to take a call. I was told by the last customer service rep that a manager would call me back within five minutes, that never happened! I am so frustrated with their customer service and lack of response and responsibility that I will never order another LG product again. I will also never recommend an LG product to anyone!

Finally, last week, I did hear from Customer Service and they have conveniently lost my initial complaint on March 10 and said that it would be up to Home Depot to take care of the problem. I am caught between a rock and a hard place because LG won’t help me and Home Depot won’t help me. I am stuck with a damaged refrigerator sadly.

May 26, 2022 1:20 am EDT

Hi Linda.

Unfortunately you are expected to find any defects prior to the appliance being signed for. Once the item has been signed for, the visual condition is considered accepted.

You do have the manufacturer's warranty however.

2:35 pm EDT

LG Electronics - LG Refrigerator LSXS263665

We purchased 4 LG appliances from Nebraska Furniture December 2018. We also purchased an extended warranty through Assurant. March 2022 our compressor went out. We contacted Assurant, they couldn't get anyone out for 2 weeks and told me if I could find someone on my own to do the repairs I could. Anything under $400 was automatically covered, anything over, the technician would need to call and get approval. Because it was the compressor which is a manufacture covered part for 5 years, they did not cover it. The technician gave us 2 options, they would contact LG with the details and LG send them or us the part and then they will come back and do the repairs or he could repair it then and I could take it up with LG. I had to get it repaired. I have an 87 year old mother who lives with us and couldn't go without a refrigerator for who knows how long it would take. The cost to repair was $1100. After contacting LG over 5 times which includes 2 letters to the president, they sent me reimbursement totaling $640. When I contacted them about the $460 shortage they said this is the maximum they reimburse. I am so disappointed in this company. There was a class action lawsuit against them for this issue. They settled but didn't admit fault. I am hoping for some assistance in this claim. I am not asking for something I am not due.

Desired outcome: Please refund remaining $460. I would appreciate a response.

Update by Pam Pfortmiller
Jun 06, 2022 5:56 pm EDT

And - I am not sure why LG is directing us to their media department when they can't help us. See below

Update by Pam Pfortmiller
Jun 06, 2022 5:45 pm EDT

Not resolved - and probably won't be. See below.

5:46 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

LG Electronics - LMXS30796S//00 LG Refrigerator purchased new in 2017 - Second complaint

Last year we had to replace the control panel/water and ice component at a cost of $450. The control panel had failed due to the protective cover coming loose and becoming non-functional. 45 days after replacing the original control panel, the replacement started doing the exact same thing. Unfortunately, we didn't call the repairman back until after 90 days. Apparently the warranty on the part was no longer in force, so now we are stuck with a faulty control panel unless we pay another $450. Now the sensor pads don't work. We have noticed that the design of this control panel was changed shortly after we purchased the model we unfortunately purchased. W know why now! We bought this fully loaded model having heard how great LG products are, but this one is a lemon. It also has the lit outer door light that is supposed to come on when the door is knocked-on, but that isn't working either. Cost will be around $500 to repair. Our prior complaint also was ignored, as we expect this one will be. We will never again buy a LG product if this is the quality of appliances you build.

Norman Karney

[email protected]

512-577-6669

Desired outcome: We would at least expect that the replacement panel would be replaced, so it will only cost us $200 to get installed.

R
6:19 pm EDT

LG Electronics - LG refrigerator model # LRSOS2706S

For the third time, on 16 May 2022 The second shelf in the refrigerator door fell to the vegetable drawer below. The second time it happened, it broke the glass cover over the bottom vegetable drawer.

When I called about it, customer service was not at all surprised that it happened. They did send a replacement glass and door shelf but did not indicate that LG was doing anything to correct the problem.

There are a number of others that have written bad reviews about this issue.

What is LG doing to fix the problem?

Desired outcome: I'd appreciate a response as to what LG is doing to rectify this problem. If you can't fix the problem, replace the refrigerator with one that does not have this problem.

May 22, 2022 5:13 pm EDT

Hi Mr. McCollum.

Appreciate your inquiry.

Half width shelving should not go beyond 25 pounds. This is equivalent to most manufacturer's standards.

6:49 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Has been almost a month. The first tech that came out twice had no clue but supposedly was LG certified. This started on April 28th that is when I made the first of at least 30 calls. Everyone kept saying they could not find my information until Friday the 13th of May I got a lady Pamala from Idaho that was amazing and she said all my info was there so that...

R
1:08 pm EDT

LG Electronics - LG refrigerator

Never purchase a product from LG. Our first refrigerator quit working after one month and LG refused to repair or replace it. We had to go through Home Depot to get a replacement. Our second refrigerator in 4 years quit working two weeks ago. There are no service technicians in our area so that is not an option. LG will not issue a refund as requested. We have just been getting the run around for weeks. I urge you to stay away from LG as both their products and their customer service is terrible.

Desired outcome: Full refund

May 18, 2022 12:13 am EDT

Hi Rachel.

I'm sure sorry to hear of your frustration.

I've had just the opposite experience with LG.

Did you pay for an extended warranty through LG? Do you have an extended warranty through a retailer or any other provider?

I'd like to assist where I can.

5:08 pm EDT

LG Electronics - LG Refrigerator LFXS69730 Defective fridge LG refuses to fix

Purchased a LG Refrigerator LXS269730 From Home Depot delivered with defective door that does not close properly. Also purchased a 5 year extended warranted. Since day it was delivered about a month ago one of the french doors does not close. Called HD warantee they referred me to LG customer service. Neither Home Depot not LG will fix the problem they claim the Door is not covered under their warantee. So therefore LG will sell you a defective appliance and refuse to fix if it's defective. After the Fridge was delivered we were away for a few weeks and could not call either HD or LG to repair or replace the appliance. Spent 2 days and a few hours getting the runaround from LG. Beware of LG warantee. Spent thousands of dollars on brand new defective appliance.

Desired outcome: Repair the faulty parts on brand new Refridgerator.

3 comments
May 25, 2022 5:18 pm EDT

Reached out as requested on Facebook. Did not get any response. Useless LG support. I purchased this refrigerator to replace an 7 year LG old that every year it circuit card in freezer with fans to circulate cold air had to be replaced. After my 5 year warranty ended had to pay for last time out of pocket so this year after it broke again replaced it with new one and am I mad that this brand new fridge has problems LG will not respond and fix.

May 26, 2022 1:13 am EDT

Hi Dino.

I'm sure sorry to hear of your frustration. I'd be happy to assist.

I believe you may have mistyped the model.

Any fridge, that has a door not sealing properly, would suffer with inconsistent temperatures. Therefore, such functionality is absolutely important.

It is important that the fridge remains level left to right but tilted back slightly for the doors to automatically close.

If this is not occurring call [protected] for assistance.

Let us know if this doesn't resolve your issue.

May 11, 2022 10:23 pm EDT

I'm sure sorry to hear of your frustration. I'd be happy to assist.

I believe you may have mistyped the model.

If this is not occurring call [protected] for assistance.

Let us know if this doesn't resolve your issue.

1:32 pm EDT

LG Electronics - Refrigerator model# LMXS28626S

Compressor unit has quit, have talked to customer service numerous times, given 3 service companies to call. No one wanted to come repair unit. Called LG again told me they had to locate someone through Service Pro, repair given to Technical Appliance who called me and said they were not taking LG jobs at the present time. Called LG who told me they would forward to locater service which will take 3 -5 days to get back to me. In the mean time we're living out of a cooler. Refrigerator is only 3.5 years old and for $2800 it should last a heck of a lot longer. Serial # 804TRJL1K500.

Desired outcome: Repair refrigerator asap

Update by Paul S in FL
May 24, 2022 8:12 am EDT

It's been over 1 month since our refrigerator broke down and it is still broken and we're still living out of coolers. LG has scheduled several companies to fix it but all have cancelled before the schedule date claiming they are not currently working on LG compressor issues. It's the same old runaround every time I speak to them.

5 comments
May 25, 2022 12:40 am EDT

So have you contacted the special number I've provided?

Paul,

I know it's frustrating but you need to work within their system. I sincerely want to see you helped. The number I've provided you should help a considerable amount. Have your paperwork on hand then use the number and make a call. Attitude is everything, so stay positive.

May 01, 2022 12:56 am EDT

Hi Paul.

I'd like to reach out and help resolve your difficulties.

Have you had a professional diagnose the compressor as being bad or is that just speculation? Is it under warranty with anyone other than the manufacturer?

May 01, 2022 5:21 pm EDT
Replying to comment of

That's an extremely nice unit. LG has a fantastic reputation for many of their appliances. Unfortunately, I wouldn't put that kind of money into the unit to have it serviced. You'd be better to replace it, even if it was the exact same model. One suggestion I would make is to provide enough breathing room around the fridge to allow your compressor to breath. Through government requirements, compressors have become much smaller over the years. If you don't allow for enough breathing room, the appliance can have the exact problem you're now dealing with.

Contact any of these service centers to see if they might be of help:

NORTH PORT APPLIANCE REPAIR

DALE'S APPLIANCE & REPAIR

730 N Indiana Ave

89 S Indiana Ave

[protected]

RIGHTWAY COMMERCIAL ALLIANCE REPAIR INC.

1187 Birchcrest Blvd

Support for Lg products

Phone: [protected]

J
May 01, 2022 9:11 pm EDT

Mr. Helpful, you state "Through government requirements, compressors have become much smaller over the years." Can you provide documentation for this? And exactly how does the government requirement to build smaller compressors result in inexcusably short life-spans for such an expensive product?

Here is what LG's manual for the product states:

"Too small of a distance from adjacent items may result in lowered freezing capability and increased electricity consumption charges. Allow at least 24 inches (610 mm) in front of the refrigerator to open the doors, and at least 2 inches (50.8 mm) between the back of the refrigerator and the wall."

Yes, a certain clearance should be observed, but nothing about drastically decreased life spans. Even so manufacturers have ways to ensure a certain amount of air-flow even if consumers ignore the rules. In no way should a compressor on a $$$ product fail in such a short time.

Yes, government regulations have done a lot of damage, but they don't necessarily require corporations to build shoddy products that they won't provide service for.

I always find it interesting how you recommend people buy the same product that has been such a disappointment to them in the first place. But I am a little encouraged that in your slobbering praise of each and every company and product you shill for that you state: "LG has a fantastic reputation for many of their appliances."

So which LG products don't have a fantastic reputation, as I've never seen you do anything except heap praise on every other product ever made as you blame the consumer for every problem.

May 03, 2022 1:25 pm EDT
Replying to comment of

I'm going to also have you contact LG directly at [protected].

There was a relatively basic issue that LG had many years ago related to a small spring, I believe, in some of their compressors. If you'll have both your model number and serial number on hand, it may fall within that category and LG will cover the cost of repair.

Let us know if there's still any issues not being addressed.

C
10:08 am EDT

LG Electronics - 55C6P TV OLED burn in

CNN220415370841 Charles Herb Matthews 8032610448 or 8037728933

TV bought from H H Gregg 4-15-17

I complained in late Nov or early Dec 2021 re image retention on my TV & was told to perform panel noise cleaning steps 2 times a day for 5 days in a row & then call back which I did & told LG tech that the problem was no better. Darius of the Complaints Dept then told me that even though my TV was out of warranty as a one time courtesy LG would replace the OLED module in my TV but I would have to pay for the panel to be installed. A local TV repair shop called to tell me LG had called his shop about installing the part & he would call me back when part came in. A few minutes later he called to tell me the part was no longer available. I think that under the circumstances LG should offer at least a 50% discount/rebate toward a new LG C2 TV. Thank you.

Desired outcome: 50% discount off a new LG C2 TV.

G
1:27 pm EDT

LG Electronics - LFXS28596S French Door Refrig/Freezer

UPDATE - NOW GOING ON MONTH 5. No repair, no replacement and in order to get a refund I have to dispose of the unit at MY expense and do the following before I would get a refund:

follow ALL of the following steps:

1. Please remove the manufacturer’s ORIGINAL label showing the Model and Serial number. It can be found on the inside/back of the unit.

2. Affix the ORIGINAL label to this letter and send to LG Electronics using the FedEx prepaid shipping label.

3. Make a copy of this letter and your ORIGINAL label for your records

Please note: Your payment cannot be processed until we have received this signed document with labels from you.

You also acknowledge that you have agreed to properly dispose of this unit after returning the manufacturer’s model/serial number label to LG Electronics. (Not paid for by LG)

Desired outcome: Replace item in full or reimburse in FULL to include the cost of having someone pick up the unit and dispose of.

11:06 am EDT

LG Electronics - Customer service

I contacted LG about a missing light bulb in my freezer when my new refrigerator was delivered on 3/2/22.

That was a month ago. I still haven't had a response. When I look up the repair receipt number, it is listed as still pending.

Unable to speak to a person, only automated responses the direct me to the repair lookup page on their website.

It is a new refrigerator so the bulb should still be available. This should be a simple repair.

Desired outcome: I'd like my light bulb installed. At least a response as to why it's still pending.

Apr 15, 2022 6:26 pm EDT

Hi Nancie.

A simple call to +[protected] should get you well taken care of.

LG Electronics - Exploding cellphone battery

On the 8 of April 2022 around 8pm my friend was having trouble with his cellphone and I told him to remove the battery to reset it.Upon his attempt the cellphone blewup in his hand hitting me on the back with a flaming projectile and falling to my apartment floor burning two holes on my floor and both inhaled black smoke that filled my apartment.i have pictures of the damages and the exploded battery.I noticed after the happening that on the back of the cellphone is a red colored attention notice that states please charge your battery for at least 5 hours before using your phone.And on a little white tag below it in tiny black letters states non removable battery.Your product should have a visable do not open in large red letters or the word Danger.

Desired outcome: Pay for the damages to repair my apartment floor and a reasonable monatary amount for pain and suffering.

10:44 pm EDT

LG Electronics - Refrigerator not cooling. Model: LFCS25663S

March 11, 2022- called Canada Support 1-888 number they could not assist us and gave us a service ticket number. After 3 weeks and numerous calls we were contacted by Max a Prorate team from 1-256 number he left us a message to call back. We called back and the person who answered doesn't know Max and cannot assist us. Spoke with Briunna she took our information and asked for us to send some info. via a text to a 1-256 number... she advised would call back. I sent the info last Thursday (same day we spoke with her) and today is Monday evening. No call... I also contacted Lowes where we bought the fridge back on March 10, 2018, been having nothing but troubles with them as well. I purchased a 4 year warranty. I am about fed up! Can someone please do something about this fridge. We have been without a fridge for a month now.

Desired outcome: I don't know just a part to fix it, a refund or a replacement. Also an apology for having been left in the dark, with no information. If this fridge is not covered at least let us know. (although I believe it is covered)

Apr 11, 2022 11:40 pm EDT

Hi Ms Lee.

I believe I can be of assistance.

Being outside of the extended warranty period, there is no use to bring the retailer into this.

Preferably, you want to contact someone in your area that is an authorized LG service provider. You can find such service here:

Contact a local service provider directly. They should be able to provide any necessary repairs.

J
11:30 am EDT

LG Electronics - Refrigerator

The unit id 4 years old. It started not cooling in January. The repair.

man came out and said it needed a new compressor. Two weeks later he came back and installed it. Two weeks after that it started not cooling again. The repair man came back and said the unit was leaking freeon inside the. unit and could not be fixed. I contacted LG and they said they had no information about that from the repair man. I was right there when he told them it could not be fixed on the phone. I contacted LG several more times on the phone and they said they needed to send out a repair man to make sure the unit can not be fixed. The unit has a 5 year warrantee and I want a new unit.

Desired outcome: I want a new unit

Apr 07, 2022 4:13 pm EDT

Hi Mr Rotella.

Generally, before a replacement is considered, service needs to attempt three different repairs. Don't confuse this with three separate visits. Each repair attempt can take one visit to diagnose and another visit to service.

The best thing you can do is keep documentation with each visit. Have the service tech write out a receipt to document what has taken place.

After a third service that doesn't result in a successful repair, you're in a much better position to request a replacement.

Please keep us informed of you're not properly taken care of.

LG Electronics contacts