Having problems with LG Electronics?

LG Electronics reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 8, 2006. The latest review refrigerator was posted on Jun 15, 2021. The latest complaint washer was resolved on Nov 21, 2019. LG Electronics has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 1226 reviews. LG Electronics has resolved 240 complaints.

LG Electronics Customer Service Contacts

8800 200 7676 (Russia)
800 545 454 (South Africa)
80 054 (UAE)
+82 264 564 337 (Head Office, South Korea)
+1 800 243 0000 (United States)
+44 344 847 5454 (United Kingdom)
+61 130 054 2273 (Australia)
+43 800 080 040 (Austria)
+32 15 200 255 (Belgium)
+42 810 555 810 (Czech Rebuplic)
+45 78 796 454 (Denmark)
+358 80 005 454 (Finland)
+31 900 543 5454 (Netherlands)
+351 808 785 454 (Portugal)
+852 35 437 777 (Hong Kong)
+65 65 120 555 (Singapore)
+966 800 244 2929 (Saudi Arabia)
+90 444 6543 (Turkey)
+54 800 888 5454 (Argentina)
LG Twin Towers, 20, Yeouido-dong, Yeongdeungpo-gu

Canada
20 Norelco Drive. North York, ON M9L 2X6 Canada
Phone: +1 647 253 2510

United Kingdom
LG house 250 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX U.K.
1000 Sylvan Avenue, Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632

Austria
Office Campus Gasometer, Guglgasse 15, Bauwerk 4a/Stock 5&6, A-1110 Wien, Austria

Belgium

Jakob-Kaiser Strasse 12, 47877 Willich, Germany

Finland
Ayritie 12 A 01510 Vantaa Suom

France
Paris Nord II 117, Avenue des Nations-B.P. 59372 Villepinte 95942 Roissy CDG CEDEX, France

Greece
Ethnarhou Makariou St. Delta Paleo Faliro P.O. Box 77331 GR17501 Paleo Faliro, Athens, Greece

Hungary

Lysaker Torg 15 Postboks 275 1326 Lysaker

Poland
ul. Woloska 22, Mokotow Nova, 02-675 Warszawa, Poland

Portugal
Quinta da Fonte - Edificio D. Amelia Rua Vitor Camara, 2 Piso 2, 2770-229 Paco de Arcos, Portugal

Romania

Complejo Europa Empresarial, Ctra. N-VI Km 24, 28230, Las Rozas (Madrid), Spain

Sweden
P.O. Box 83 Esbogatan 18 SE-164 94 Kista, Sweden

China
20th Floor, West Tower, Twin Towers, B-12, Jianguomenwai Avenue, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100022, PRC
Hong Kong
6F, 633 Building, 633 King's Road North Point, Hong Kong
Phone: +852 29 095 172

India
Plot No.51, Udyog Vihar, Phase-2 Surajpur-Kasna Road Greater, Noida U.P (201306), India

Japan
Kyobashi Trust Tower 15F, 2-1-3 Kyobashi Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-8301, Japan

Singapore
6 Temasek Boulevard #10-01 Suntec Tower 4, Singapore, 038986

Israel
11 Galgaley Haplada St. Herzeliya 46733, Israel

Saudi Arabia
Sary street, Al Khaledya District, 101 building, 5th floor, 3355 Al Khalidyah unit 5, Jeddah 23423 - 8940, Saudi

South Africa
LG House, Rand Airport Road, Raceway Industrial Park Monte Carlo Drive, Gosforth Park, Germiston 1419 PO Box 973, Alberton 1450, South Africa

Turkey
Kaptanpasa Mah. Piyalepasa Bulvari No:14 Okmeydani Sisli, Istanbul, Turkey

UAE
P.O. Box 61445, Jebel Ali, Dubai, U.A.E.

Argentina
Av. Del Libertador 498-Piso 22 (C1001ABR) - Capital Federal, Argentina

Brazil
Market Place Tower 2, Av. Dr Chucri Zaidan, 940-3rd Floor, Vila Cordeiro, Sao Paulo-SP, CEP04583-110

Mexico
Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz, No.555, Col. San Lorenzo, Tlalnepantla, Estado de Mexico, C.P.54033, Mexico

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with LG Electronics Customer Service. Initial LG Electronics complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for LG Electronics above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about LG Electronics. Discuss the issues you have had with LG Electronics and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

LG Electronics Complaints & Reviews

LG ElectronicsSurround sound

We bought an LG surround unit on December 29, 2019, at Best Buy for 470.11. We had it for about 2 months before we noticed that the speakers we cutting out. We have sent it back 4 times in a year. LG has had it more than we have. LG STILL has the system. We are asking for our 470.11 to be returned to us. Just give us our money back. Brian Eitemiller [protected]

• Updated by reite67 · Apr 08, 2021

So, instead of someone contacting us to rectify the sound system complaint, they send the sound system back after having it for four months. DO NOT BUY LG PRODUCTS!! Customer service isn't helpful, there is never any communication if you send products in for repair, repairs are not completed or are sub par. The guy answering these complaints DOES NOT CARE and nothing gets resolved. 470.11 dollars later, maybe 3.5 months in our possession since date of purchase, and they send back the same POS system with no communication, paperwork as to what is wrong or repaired. Shame on them!!!

JSBlake Mar 23, 2021

I’m sorry to hear you had this issue. So we can better investigate your issue please contact LG Customer Support by direct message [email protected] Also, please include your name, physical address, email address, model and serial number and a brief description of your issue to expedite a resolution for you.

• Re
      reite67 Mar 23, 2021

@JSBlake Hello Mr. Blake, The following information is a way of contact: Brian Eitemiller -2905 Sweet Pea Lane/P.O. Box Humboldt AZ 86329. Email: [email protected] The surround sound system: LG SL6YG 3.1CH HIGH RES SOUND and LG - SPK8-S 2.0 CH WIRELESS R. Unfortunately, LG is currently in possession of the system to provide a serial no. Our purchase date was December 29, 2019. January 2021 was the fourth time we sent back the system for speaker malfunction (fading in and out or cutting out completely). The first time we sent the system for repair was late March-early April 2020. LG would have the system for well over two months before we would call to inquire. We never received any calls regarding the problem or repair. We would receive the system back about a week or two after our inquiry again, without any explanation. We would have it for a week or two when the issue would return. We sent it back three more times for the same issues which as stated the last date was January 2021. Each time we sent it back, it would be with LG for an average of two months - sometimes three. We did not have it in our possession as much as LG has. We have never offered a new system throughout this process - which is now an offer we would not accept - nor were we ever offered our money back.
      We have called customer service several times, not only to inquire about the system when in possession of LG but to achieve an amicable outcome to our inconvenience and to provide us with the return of our monies in the amount of 470.11. We are told that since the system is a year old, and that the issue was not brought to management's attention until March 2021 when I called, we would be given a pro-rated amount of 300.00. Just so that you are informed, several calls were made by my husband prior to my phone call on March 11, 2021. LG customer service reps are not that helpful. They are/were not willing to allow us to speak with supervisors or managers, nor are they willing to give names. It wasn't until we escalated the calls that we finally got a manager which was March 22, 2021. We are seeking the litigation process in order to obtain our purchase amount, especially since we were given a 30-day limit to discuss a "take it or leave it" for the amount of 300.00 offered. Not to mention, since LG is still in possession of our purchased system and we have not received any reasonable or acceptable amount for our purchase we are considering this a theft.
      I can be reached at [email protected]
      Rose Eitemiller

• Re
      reite67 Apr 02, 2021

@JSBlake Why inquire about my complaint if you are not going to address it? Still nothing from you or anyone at LG regarding this matter. Truly says a lot about LG.

LG ElectronicsLG DeHumidifier

I ordered a De Humidifier on 3/9/21. The unit was shipped on 3/10/21. I received the unit on 3/12/21 (Friday). I realized that the unit was not what I needed and called to return it on 3/15/21 (Monday) The order number is [protected]//[protected] (As referenced on an e-mail) On 3/16/21 LG CNS e-mailed me a note saying that a RMA would be issued within 72 hours. I have not yet received that RMA. On 3/19/21 I called because I had not received my RMA and was told I would receive it in 24-48 hours. Now, on 3/21/21, I have still not received the RMA. I want to return this unit as soon as possible.

Model #UD501KOJ5ABKEUS1 (On Paperwork)
    Serial # 010TAKKEB805

Please let me know what is causing the delay.

Glenn Rawski
    [protected]@gmail.com
    [protected]

JSBlake Mar 22, 2021

LG ElectronicsLG Stove

We bought our stove a little under two years ago. The locked came on for no explainable reason and the buttons on the board do not work. We called LG and asked for a repairman. They came and it turns out that to replace the board and get the necessary parts will be almost $600! So disappointed! We will not get it fixed for that amount since we can almost get a new one. Will not buy another LG again.

Cheryl Bland
      1 Heesch
      Treynor, IA 51575
      [protected]

JSBlake Mar 16, 2021

LG ElectronicsPoor service From Sam Kittie

I hope this will reach someone who will be able to help me and get me some satisfaction because I have been calling this company at the corporate level and not getting any where my range that I purchased in August of 2020 stop working a month ago they sent two of the technicians out I was told by both of them it was a main components that it could be the Brian was how it was told to me I called and spoke with a very very disrespectful representative by the name of sam at [protected] she refused to allow me to speak to someone over her she played all kinds of games like calling back and not saying anything then I called an spoke to a secretary name Heather who told me she was emailing Sam supervisor for more then a week for me to never get a response then I get someone from that same number on the phone name Katie who assured me that I was getting a refund I just was waiting for the refund department to reach out to me to find out if I wanted a paper check or direct deposit that would happen in 30 days I also still asked to speak to a supervisor because I still was not happy about how sam treatment was to me Katie said a Randy would call me the supervisor she also told me the approval for the refund was put in at 4:47 pm on the 22nd of February after a more then a week past no call from Randy so I call back speaking to a aryanna to be told nothing that I was told by Katie was true after that I was completely disappointed in this company because if I had not called back I'm sure it would have really been a problem because I'm being treated like I'm trash I don't want a group of different people in and out of my home in covid 19 because this company is not good at customer service I think I deserve a replacement unit an I sorry I ever brought anything from lg because to be misled mistreated misinformed by people in corporate office is saying a lot I I even had be to by the 1-800 hundred lg representative I was getting a refund because Home Depot where I purchased my range from doesn't do replacements I have never been treated so poorly by a company if this magnitude it's almost unbelievable it wasn't happening to me I probably would've not believed it I really hope it is just a few bad people in their company and I can get some customer service the people give a customer that has 4 big applications from a company because if this is the end of how things are going to go I will never do business with LG ago I can't believe the it would be ok to out right misinform a customer or tell me it's no one else I can voice my dissatisfaction to is what Sam informed me of an to call my phone when I say hello she acts as if she can't hear me the customer service is beyond deplorable [protected] is my contact number I'm hoping that the unprofessional treatment will stop after I send because it's really been difficult to be cooking on a stove that after a hour or so you go back to check your food and the oven is off I have been suffering with this for more then a month to be told lie after lie it's unexpected and unbelievable but I guess this has been done enough that people like Sam are comfortable treating people this way and have a coworker help her mislead and lie to the customer

JSBlake Mar 12, 2021

LG ElectronicsStove lre30755

This stove has had repeated problems, and has been "fixed" on recall 3 times
          It still malfunctions when burners stay red hot even when turned off
          the last time it did this, I had a teakettle on low and pressed the off button and then went to sleep. the next morning I woke up and the burner was red hot, ruining the kettle. The off button would not work and I had to turn the circuit breaker off.
          I have also ruined 2 pots because of this and I am afraid this unit will BURN down my house!
          It is still malfunctioning even after being serviced 3 times.
          I think it is about time for LG to admit this unit is a danger and to replace it.
          If this unit causes my house to burn, I will sue LG for damages.
          LG should be willing to rectify this unacceptable performance ASAP
          Regards,
          Bob Waber
          [protected]@gmail.com

LG ElectronicsTelevision

Saved up money for months to purchase a TV. Had sn opportunity at work to travel to Dubai from my home Country Zambia. Found my dream TV cheaper so I decided to purchase. Unfortunately when I got home it had cracked.

I asked for assistance at local support, Radian Stiles, was informed they don't stock TVs. This is a new TV I never got to watch.

How can you possibly assist me???

Spent a fortune by my standards on a TV and many months of savings

LG ElectronicsWasher and Dryer Top Load

2. After a month of use, we started to have an issue with the Dryer (S/no: 009KWATBV120, MODEL#: DLEX7900BE) making weird rattling noise during the cycle. So we reached out to LG Support USA (Facebook) help center to send us a repair technician on Feb 20, 2012.
              3. We finally get a hold of a technician from Jersey Appliance and came on March 2, 2021, to take a look at our machine. He "fixed" it by screwing parts tightly.
              4. Two days later started to have the same rattling issues again.
              5. March 7, 2021, our WASHER (S/no: 012TNPC10648, Model#: WT7900HBA) started making weird noises as well. I have recorded the sound and attached the video clip.
              6. I spoke to an agent on March 7, 2021, at 5:51 PM an agent name Abigail. I asked for an exchange with a new machine or a full refund. She stated that it is up to the technician to determine the defect.  I told her that if the technician could not fix it the first time I have no faith in this machine, especially it's only less than two months old. She asked to run a few tests run on the machine which I did and told me that I need to clean our house vent. I told her we recently moved into a new house and we have already cleaned the vent. She asked me "who cleaned the vent?" why does it matter? I have attached the picture of our vent in case LG is concerned about our vent. The vent from the dryer to the outside of our house is not even a foot long. There is no problem with our VENT.
              7. We do not want to hassle you with this problem with our newly purchased BRAND NEW machine. This is not acceptable. We want a full refund for both of these machines. We will no longer stay with LG.

JSBlake Mar 08, 2021

Mar 01, 2021

LG Electronics — Complaint about your service department phone line

My LG dishwasher stopped working Thanksgiving week of 2020. I purchased it through Home Depot/Assurian...

LG ElectronicsGas Range

My less than 4 month old stove started to have a natural gas smell coming from the upper oven when the unit was not turned on. I contacted LG Customer Service and they sent my service request to a local appliance repair company. They came out and tightened some fittings. I continued to smell gas so I called again and they sent another tech to look at the stove. He located 2 leaks in the back and had to older parts. After another week of not being able to use my stove, he returned and replaced those 2 valves and tightened more fittings. Then later that same day I could smell gas again. So I called again and the same tech came back 5 days later and found a different leak. He then called LG Customer Service in front of me and did a video share of the leak and recommended that the unit be replaced. LG recommended he replace another regulator and call them back. So he replaced it right there since he had the item and the stove was still leaking gas. So he called them back again and got another rep and did a video share showing the leak. That rep took the video and showed a manager and agreed with the tech and rep that the unit needed to be replaced. I was then issues a claim number and that I would be contacted to setup for the replacement stove to be delivered. I waited 2 days and no calls, so I called and told the whole story and was put on hold and then he hung up. So at this point I am not mad. So I called back and got another person and she looked at my claim and not magically she told me they want the rep to come out and replace more parts on the unit and not replace it which the actual tech said the unit needs to be replaced. I told her that this is not acceptable and if the tech recommends replacement, it needs to be replaced. The unit is leaking natural gas into my home and that is a HUGE safety risk and LG does not care about my or my families safety. I need this resolved now. I can't cook for my family and I spent my hard earned money on an appliance that I can't use because it is a safety hazard. I am "supposed to be called by an manager" on Monday morning 3/1/2021 but at this point I have been lied to and cheated that they won't call and I will have to call yet again or look into legal action. Said that a large company does not care about its consumers, especially during a global pandemic when we need to stay home, be safe, and cook at home. Well guess what, I can't cook at home or be safe just leaving my stove on. Please resolve this immediately!

JSBlake Mar 01, 2021

LG servicesheadset

I purchased a LG headset and I have not had the headset a whole year. This is the second time I sent it in for repair. Now they are saying that my headset is physical damage which I have not cause. I paid to have the headset sent to them and now they will not send my headset back until I pay 19.95. This company does not make their headset up to standards and then they want to charge you for something that you did not do. I just want my headset back

JSBlake Feb 12, 2021

LG ElectronicsRefrigerator not fixed

Our refrigerator has been down sense august of 2020 and we have contacted them numerous times they've sent tech's out to work on it several times and 2 compressors in it still no go l called Tuesday and the guy I talked to said they didn't receive the invoice that said it needed replaced so when I asked to talk to a manager he hung up on me every time you call one person says one thing the next time the next person tells you something different and they don't let you talk to anyone above them they put you on hold and let you stay then after so long you get a busy signal we're just don't know what or where to go we're trying anything to get this settled thanks bob

Refrigerator not fixed
                    Refrigerator not fixed

JSBlake Jan 30, 2021

I’m sorry to hear you had this issue. So we can better investigate your issue please provide your contact information with the best time to contact you to [email protected] Please include your name, physical address, email address, model and serial number.

LG ElectronicsLg dryer

I bought the washer and dryer on Black Friday and the dryer never worked I have had 3 repairman to come out and fix it but they could not fix the unit one repairman order the wrong parts and the other one made the comment that I should have gotten a cheaper unit because those are easy to fix so almost a full month later the dryer doesn't work and I am out of a $1000.00

JSBlake Jan 26, 2021

I’m sorry to hear you had this issue. So we can better investigate your issue please contact LG Customer Support by direct message via Twitter or Facebook using (@LGUS). Also, please include your name, physical address, email address, model and serial number and a brief description of your issue to expedite a resolution for you.

LG ElectronicsDishwasher

LG Dishwasher caught on fire and we caught it in time before house caught. LG told us as it was a little over a year old they would repair. LG then said they could not find anyone to service the dishwasher and they would give a 15% discount on next dishwasher. What a joke of a company and why would I ever want another product than can kill me. I love the 10 year warranty tag on front. Good unless we can't find someone to fix it.

LG ElectronicsRefrigerator

I bought my fridge 27 January 2015. June 4, 2019, the compressor needed to be replaced Part was ordered that was installed 28 July. Meanwhile I had to rent a fridge. Total was $1237.47

10 November 2020, the unit was not making ice and freezer was not freezing. 12 November a new evaporator unit was ordered. 23 November the new evaporator was installed. Total $990.00

15 January 2021 the unit is not making ice and freezer not freezing. The repair tech has Covid so won't be available for a while

I have called LG customer Service 3 times and have been disconnected every time.

So I have already spent almost $2200 on repairs and still have a broken fridge

Suggestions???

• Mr
                              Mr. Helpful Jan 20, 2021

Check with the retailer you purchased it through. Many offer extended warranties at the time of purchase. If you've chosen this option, the cost of servicing would be covered.

LG ElectronicsDryer troubleshooting

I called to trouble shoot a dryer issue.

I recently text and email about an apt. I did not make an apt.
                            The number on the email I can;t get through on. Hold, busy hold.

I call lg cusomer service its a phone maze end up the wrong place.
                            Finally call bak, asked for the phone number I was called back on.

Than transfered me said he woulds help but disappesred. Very rude rep.
                            Bussiness det gave me the wrong number to call!

LG ElectronicsCustomer service

We originally called on December 26th as we went to turn our tv on that morning and it did not switch on. There were lines all over the screen. when we first called, we were told to send in some pictures online but the line got cut off, so we called back and waited on hold for quite some time and then when we got through to somebody they told us to contact a technician close by to us. He gave us their number and we called the technician only for the technician to tell us we're wasting our time- LG won't cover it and go and buy a new tv. We then called LG back again and waited 30 minutes to get through, once again to be given 2 other numbers of technicians near us to call- we called one who told us they only fix washing machines and then the other who did not answer, we left a message but they did not return the call. We tried them again on sunday but nothing. We then called back on monday and once again was given a number of another technician to call- we tried once again and they told us they would charge $125 to come and look at the tv and that LG would not cover it. As you can imagine by this time, we are very frustrated. Once again we contact LG, sit on hold for 25 minutes, once we get through we insist to speak to a supervisor and were put through to a lady called Donna who was very helpful. She arranged for a technician to call us and set up a time to come and see the tv when we were free. 30 minutes later I received a call from a lady at that company asking me to send the pictures of the tv before midday, it was 11;20 so i rushed back from the store to do so and then an hour later, her technician called me -was extremely rude, told me i was wasting my time, he was closing the case himself that it wouldn't be covered by LG and to just forget about it. I couldn't believe this service and the way we were being treated at this point. LG had still not even seen the tv. The frustration was beyond me and once again i had to call back LG, wait on hold, ask to speak to a supervisor, luckily was put back through to Donna who kindly apologized on behalf of this very rude man, and tried once again to contact another technician and set them up to come and look at our tv. A couple of hours later, I received a call for said technician asking me to send a picture of the tv and that he would forward it on to LG technical team and let me know if it will be covered. This was on Tuesday 29th January, I sent the pictures straight away and heard nothing back. I since called him back 4 times and left messages and text him but no response. Today Jan 6th I called LG and was told, your tv is not covered as it's physical damage. At this point I am disgraced by this customer service. By such a huge company, the time and effort my partner and i have endured to get a response for our tv is unacceptable, not to mention the rude service from staff, back and forth, wrong numbers. It is utterly unbelievable. We have 3 more LG tv's in our place and we will never purchase again from LG after this experience as its truly been miserable. We will also be sure not to recommend them. Meanwhile they refuse to cover our tv even though it's only 9 months old as they say its physical damage- yet has been in he same position on our wall since we purchased it.

LG ElectronicsLSXS26326S Refrigerator

I bought a new LG LSXS26326S Refrigerator on 5 November 2020. It stopped cooling on 27 December 2020. The first appointment I could get was 5 January 2021 and he couldn't fix it because the controller board is not compatible with the new compressors and the controller board is back ordered. The compressor failed right after LG settled the class action lawsuit for failing compressors. They have clearly not resolved the problem.

LG ElectronicsTV and Customer Service

I have already sent my complaint to LG more than 2 weeks ago and have not heard anything from LG concerning it. I am greatly disappointed!

I researched the TV options and was concerned about side viewing. I went to a "chat" and the woman who took the chat told be that th specific LG TV I was looking at had the IPS (?) not the V system. I specifically did not want the V factor as it was not as good for side viewing. She assured me it did not have the V but had the system that I beleiive LG perfected.

Of course I bought the TV . After buying and setting it up, I have learned, to my disappointment, that it uses the V system. As I said above, I am upset about being deceived and lied to.

Steve Goldenberg

LG Electronicsgas dryer

i tried calling customer service. could not get theough hone maze. wrong . place, disn;t get my info.

when i got a rep. couls not understand English. i tried twice talking to him, couls not understand him.

teied compliant web site could not take my info. it s impossible to get either phone or onlune to take my inf online is very conplicated and coded.

LG ElectronicsWash Machine repair not getting fixed

I purchased a brand new LG wash machine from Lowe's with the extended service warranty. My wife and I just purchased our new home and within 35 days of purchasing the washer for the home, it floods my house and garage that still contained a majority of unpacked items. I reached out to Lowe's first just to find out that I was 5 days passed the store warranty. Now I had to reach out to LG for the extended service warranty. They set me up with A&E services to come out and inspect the washer but couldn't get anyone out for a few weeks. Then they cancel three separate times since. I called LG back asking for a supervisor and was promised to have a technician out yesterday. Then I get a message saying the new appointment is on the 28th of December followed by another message immediately moving it back again to the 29th. It has cost me over $1000 to get the worst experience of my life with this company and now it ruined my personal property and continues to cost me weekly just because now I am forced to go to the laundry matt.