Kohls / misleading ads

1 Monona, WI, United States Review updated:

On 5-5-2009 Kohls had a sign in the mens department that said "ALL SOCKS: buy 1 package, get 2nd package half off". In tiny print on the bottom of the sign, it also said "excludes gold toe". Of course I didn't read all the fine print and when I got to the register I was charged full price for both packs. Stupid me for assuming that "all socks" meant "all socks"? No, stupid me for shopping at Kohls. At least the clerk apologized. The store manager blew me off. I guess these are good times for Kohls managers.

Comments

• Du
      5th of Jun, 2009

I disagree with you because just put your self in their shoes. If the store is putting all other socks on sale except for gold toe, WHAT? DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO PUT ONE SIGN FOR E-VE-RY SINGLE TYPE AND STYLE OF WOULD YOU PUT A SIGN LIKE THAT THAT INCLUDES ALL EXCEPT FOR GOLD TOE. DO YOU even know how much work is to scan EVERY single item to make a sign for each and every one of them and the amount of time and paper that would take. If they had to do that they would need ad set workers over night every night just cheking and adding ads for every item, do you even know the ammount of customer that take the signs with them to the registers just to make sure that the their price is correct. HELLO JUST READ THE SIGN it explains everything (item) that, that sign includes the sale, percentages, etc. Next time just read carefully and when they are for just some styles on the sign says which styles by a description or style number which you can find on the lable of the item where the barcode is. just educate your self and accept that you are not always right and that you can always learn new things.

example sign thats good according to you.
    all styles of the following socks are on sale now hanes, croft & barrow, adidas, jockey, columbia, ________, ___________, __________, ___________, ______________, ___________, _______________, _____________<________________, __________, __________, _____________, ___________.

tell me is that smart?

• Ko
      14th of Jul, 2009

Gonna agree with dude1990 here. You gotta open your eyes and learn to read. I mean you managed to pick out the ONE kind of sock brand that was excluded.

• Si
      16th of Jul, 2009

maybe wilma spilled coffee aare there and thought it read includes gold toe with silver linings.

when your with the flintstones have a yabbadabba grey old tim.

bam bam bam

• Cl
      13th of Sep, 2009

You read the fine print to almost everything else, I'm sure, so learn to do so with a sales sign.

• St
      20th of Sep, 2009

Well, even though you misread the sign, Kohl's still should have honored the price for you or given you a smaller discount for the inconvience. That is part of our "Yes We Can" policy. I'm not sure why the manager blew you off, or why the employee at the register didn't give you some kind of discount, but that would NEVER happen in the Kohl's I work at. Let me be the one to offer you a sincere apology on behalf of the Kohl's you visited.

• Ko
      21st of Sep, 2009

starfall56, There are a handful of situations where we use 'Yes we can', but altering BOGO items is a big no-no. if corporate catches you guys doing it enough times, you can expect a nasty audit and consequences