Menu
Kohl's
reviews & complaints

Kohl's
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

540 complaints
112 resolved 428 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Kohl's. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
W
7:51 am EDT

Kohl's - Late Order

Online order was placed April 7, 2022. Tracking information says shipping label was created April 8, 2022 for expected delivery between April 12-15. It is now April 15th and tracking information says that the carrier still has not picked up the order. Looking online there is no customer service phone number provided to easily contact them. So, after doing a search I find the phone number, call, after eternal hold. I get a very snarky agent...who then proceeds to tell me I have to wait 6 business days after the 15th to ask for a refund. He can't cancel the order that has never left their possession. All in all my money will be tied up about a month waiting on Kohl's and their 3rd rate carriers. I have never had this issue with Kohl's before and will no longer be using their services. Logically, if the item hasn't left the warehouse on the last day of delivery, it can't be delivered to me in the time frame promised.

Desired outcome: I want my order canceled and a full refund. I will shop elsewhere.

A
4:50 am EDT

Kohl's - Credit card

I have been a kohls credit card holder for over 7 years with perfect payment history. I received a letter in march 2022 that is had a 30 day over due balance of $135, I immediately freaked out as i am NEVER late, paid the bill and noticed my credit score dropped over 90 points. I then looked at my kohls app and double checked that I have to receive paper bills marked and I do, i checked my files and have revealed no bills from kohls since 2021. I called kohls twice and disputed that this is not my fault as kohls fell short sending paper bills as I requested so i would be reminded, they promptly responded to both requests that they weren’t changing anything, i also wrote a letter and received the same response. First I fail to see how this is my fault when i never received a bill and have had it set up to receive them since I've had the card. Second, I find it despicable that as as a long term perfect payment history customer that one incident the jump right to ruining someone’s credit. Im coming out of a bankruptcy from loosing a job 7 years ago and have worked very hard to fix my credit along the way, just to have a company mess it up again over what is truly their fault, not sending me bills as i have always requested. Once again I would like this reversed as I DONT see a failure on kohls part to become my suffering. At this point i will never shop there again and will warn all friends and family how they have no regard for their customers. I want this reversed withe the credit bureaus.

Desired outcome: I want my this derogatory payment removed from my credit

G
12:35 pm EDT

Kohl's - Rebates

Sent in 2 rebates in november and december 2021 way before the time it was supposed to. I called every week since 2/1/2022 and it says i have a rebate coming wait 15 days. I chatted with someone today and they said they don't have anything. I have been calling the kohls rebate number 888-876-8104 for over 2 months and it says that i have rebates but nothing changes

Desired outcome: $24 is what i am due from rebates that I submitted on time. My phone number is 248-854-1903

P
3:37 am EDT

Kohl's - price sale

Made a 160.00 purchase today in store

all items were on clearance sign said take additional 20 percent of ALL clearance

Went to check out and did not take the additional 20 percent off I questioned the associate she stated it would have come off automatically however it did not! this would have resulted in another 29 dollars off my purchase the total before tax was 148,00

I did not have my glasses, so I took her word for the fact the 20 percent came off I am disabled and do not drive my husband drve me to make an amazon return why should I have to go all the way back to the store to fight with them about this. There were absolutely no exclusions listed on the signs for the 20 percent additional off

I have had more problems with Kohls customer service this year then ever before but I am tired of the crappy service this is the first time i am trying to resolve rather then deal with being basically bait and switch

Desired outcome: I would like my payment method credited for the 29.00

L
9:49 am EDT

Kohl's - Billing dept.

I have had a Kohl's credit card for a couple years now. I have fell behind in my payments due to a knee problem. I am 71 years old and have had to work to keep up with my monthly living expenses. I have a job which requires me to walk a lot and not possible right now. So I can't work right now and do not have that income. I tried to catch up on my payments in March by making larger payments. I thought this would help however, I looked at my account today and they have decided to change my payment date from the 18th of the month to the 11th. Really do they think it will help me to change the payment date! I have closed this account and will never shop at Kohls again. I will also discourage my friends and family from opening any charge accounts from this place. What a way to treat a customer. I guess when you get to be a corporation you can just step on anyone and decided you don't need my business!

Desired outcome: Just allow me to make my payments on the date I was originally scheduled to do.

1:48 pm EDT

Kohl's - I am making a complaint about service

I've had a Kohl's charge for a couple of years now, never had any real problems. during the year 2021, I was having some financial hardship as I was sick with Covid 19 lost my job, and had to have surgery. I called and informed a representative of what was going on. She stated that they would work with me then by the time I got out of the hospital my account was closed and accumulated a significant amount of interest charges.

Desired outcome: The desired outcome would be to zero out the account balance and stop reporting to the credit bureau. I am asking for this type of resolution because I was misinformed by the representative.

4:49 pm EDT

Kohl's - Buying "shorts"

The product was advertised as "shorts" but they are like underwear. You can see through the material and see the label written on the inside on the outside. The return at the Tukwila store went fine. When I asked how I could comment on the mislabeling the lady said nothing. They are: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-4323082/womens-cuddl-duds-softwear-stretch-shorts.jsp?skuId=33887752.

Desired outcome: Let me know you received the information. Might be nice to know you renamed them.

O
2:14 pm EDT

Kohl's - Kohls shipping and sales gimmicks

Why would I buy a t-shirt or a pair of earrings from Kohls to be shipped, when it cost me $8.95 shipping fee? The shipping costs are prohibitive, especially when other online resources provide a lower price and low shipping or even free shipping? They need to get with the times!

Prices seemed to have soared at Kohls, which used to be my absolute favorite store. I no longer ask for Kohls gift cards for holidays, because I cannot justify the expense. The women’s apparel is often old fashioned looking and very costly.

And since when did Kohls think it was a good idea to implement buy one get one 50% off? It reminds me of a Payless Shoe Store gimmick, which was a very low end store. Since when do I want to buy 2 purses or 2 wallets at a time? So, I don’t buy anything since I don’t need 2 of them. This is a ridiculous sales strategy. It keeps people from buying even one.

What happened to the wonderful store I used to love? Sales gimmicks, high prices, high shipping costs and unattractive clothing.

Maybe the stores can be bought out, and some modern ideas are implemented. They are way behind the times.

Start membership if necessary for free shipping and a % off on each sale. Update clothing lines and offer affordable prices. Even Macys can be more affordable. Stop the sales gimmicks and give a straightforward % off.

Desired outcome: An innovative and modern overhaul of prices, shipping and sales. What my friends and I really want is to be heard.

1 comment
S
Mar 23, 2022 6:18 pm EDT

EXACTLY EVERYTHING SAID ABOVE I'm fed up with!

I WAS going to buy a new dress for Easter, but within hours the price JUMPED to $60 and even WITH the "code" was still $15 MORE than I was ordering, but didn't get in on time...plus the stores don't even have it! TOO EXPENSIVE FOR MY TASTE! Back to JCP!

Outside of Enough of US

Mar 19, 2022

C
6:38 pm EDT

Kohl's - Department store

I am retired and get my money the third of every month. I pay my bills accordingly. I sent out a payment to Kohl's the 5th of this month. They started calling me the 6th of this month. They have called every single day since, sometimes twice a day. I am fed up with their constant phone calls, which I consider to be harassment. I don't know how long it takes them to process a payment but to call a person the way they do is ridiculous. I want them to stop calling me.

Desired outcome: I want them to stop calling me.

M
12:31 pm EDT

Kohl's - Not receiving my order

I placed an order on February 27, 2022 (order # 6238335146) that as of today, I have not received. I received an email that my order was delivered on March 5th. I have not received it. I received notification from Kohls that it was delivered by UPS. When I tried to put in a claim to UPS they said that it was delivered to the united states post office. When I contacted the post office they claimed that it was delivered. They instructed me to contact Kohl's to verify that my order was actually shipped to the appropriate address. My tracking number is 1Z4E2R02YW22026822 Please advise on what I need to do in order to get the products I have ordered and paid for. If I do not get resolution by March 21, 2022 I will dispute these Kohl's charges on my credit card.

Desired outcome: I would like to receive the products that I ordered and paid for on February 27, 2022 or get credit for my purchase that I never received. I will dispute these charges if not resolved by March 21, 2022.

P
1:21 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My name is Penelope Webster. I bought some items for my granddaughter's birthday in October 2020. I shopped online and realized that you had my old address. I changed it. On your website. Online. Then I started getting phone calls saying that my bill was late. So, in November, December, January, February and today, I gave my new address. However, bless hi...

K
5:49 am EST

Kohl's - Kohly Auto pay did not work and has negatively impacted my credit

I've been signed up for auto pay with Kohl's for several years. In September I received a call saying my account was past due, which was very odd as I had the auto pay set to pay the full balance every month. The representative at the time confirmed my account was set to auto pay, and had no explanation as to why the auto did not work. I confirmed the account information to be accurate and chalked up to an isolated incident. Fast forward to February 2022, same call same scenario tho this time they say no payment in 2 months. I again paid the full balance and upon checking my Kohl's account I find the auto pay turned off. Since that time my credit has dropped 80 points. I'm in the process of refinancing my home so this has delayed the entire process and will cause me to accept a higher interest rate. I have contacted Kohl's to request they remove the derogatory note from my credit report but they declined to do so.

Desired outcome: I would like the past due remark and late notice removed from my credit report for January and February of 2022

3:19 pm EST

Kohl's - Paying a Bill at Kohls is impossible made me 30days late

In Dec 2021 I made a payment on time, and it got rejected but I didn't know until kohls called me. They said payment didn't go through. So I drove to the local kohls store and made a payment, the girl at the register didn't know my total. So after making my payment I was charged with a late fee. So now when I made my next payment, I didn't know there was a late fee. which made my jan 2022 late come to find out Kohls has wrong banking information which made my account 30 days late. The worst part is I'm in the middle of getting a mortgage and because of kohls my credit rating dropped 75 points. I have a $300 limit my payments are 27 to 40 dollars a mouth, I always pay 50 to 60 dollars a month because of 12 dollars that I didn't know about I was 30 days late. My account is current as of feb 2022 I called KOLHS Executive office spoke to Annette. Told me there is nothing kolhs can do I should of Paid the 12 dollars.. Do they think i would ever let this go 30 days late knowing I'm in middle of getting a mortgage, I have a great credit score for many years never had any problem like this. my score was 740 I hope someone can help or give advice on what to do. this is insane, been with Kohls 2 years 4 months never late

Desired outcome: Resolve this get my 30 days late charge off my credit report. Because of Kohls not having correct process in place, so this doesn't happen to others

B
9:51 pm EST

Kohl's - Incorrect orders received for the same order twice

I placed an order for a pair of leather gloves on february 2,2021 which I never received as kohls never shipped the item to the carrier as stated. After 2 weeks of waiting for my gloves I called kohls and they assured me they would place another order for the same item and I would receive 1 day shipping, and I would get them today february 21.. I received a order from them in the time frame they stated but instead of receiving my leather gloves I received knitted mittens by a different brand from what I had ordered.

Not sure what is complicated about sending out the order correctly. What I do know I will never order or shop with them again... Very disappointed in this whole situation as the entire process was handled very poorly...

Desired outcome: I would like my credit card credited for the amount of the item...I just want a refund

3:24 pm EST

Kohl's - ADA compliance

Numerous dates: using Kohl's for Amazon drop off. Moved from main floor to upstairs as far away from front door as possible. Are you trying to make it as difficult as possible to return to Amazon? If you think you are going to want to make me shop at Kohl's ---- this has done just the opposite. I will "never" shop in Kohl's because you care so little about the elderly or disabled. I will also never use Amazon return there again --- Amazon can just eat the cost to have it mailed back to them. also you do not have any electric carts for the disabled to shop in your stores. I will let Amazon know that in my opinion they should remove Kohl's from their drop off locations list. You are a terrible company!

Desired outcome: Change practices and make going to Kohl's more user-friendly for the elderly and disabled.

O
9:43 am EST

Kohl's - Return

I returned 3 items I had purchased for my wife for Christmas that did not fit. I called and got instructions on how to return these items. The original order # was 6194032211. I was emailed return packing slips which I included in the return. I paid for return shipping. Return tracking # 9405 5116 9900 0506 2546 27. You received these on December 29, 2021. I called because I had not received the credit which was to be $75.84. I was told it would take 30 days. I talked to a supervisor on Jan 10, 2022 who told me he would expedite the credit and I would receive it in 2 days. I still have not received my credit and today is Feb 2, 2022. This has been a nightmare just to get my money back.

Okie Ramey

336-755-7451

Desired outcome: I would like my money and believe me I will never shop at Kohl's again so I won't encounter this kind of problem. Walmart gave an immediate refund and they paid the return shipping. I expected more from Kohl's.

12:07 am EST

Kohl's - My pillow

I'm beyond disappointed that Kohl's gave into political pressure and dropped My Pillow products.
It is reprehensible that corporate America bows to this sort of nonsense.
I vow to avoid your company along with Nike, Bed Bath & Beyond, and anyone else who promotes anti American views.
Now I'm told this complains too short? That tells me that it won't be read or taken seriously.
I guess the only thing that's taken seriously is decreased revenue!

1:54 pm EST

Kohl's - Vera Wang knee high boots

I have only worn these boots twice and I have never had boots do this especially for the price. Got them for a Christmas gift and have always taken care to carefully put them away.

I believe my daughter said they came from Kohl's and as you can see they were not cheap. They are completely unwearable!

Thank you in advance for looking into this matter for me!

Denise Taylor
[email protected]
(573) 353-4127

S
1:54 am EST

Kohl's - Bedspread

Please review my chat with agents yesterday. Rude. Did not help me. I ordered a bedspread. Spoke to agent last week. Said I'd have it by 1/8. Never came. Spoke with chat yesterday. Said I'd have it by 9 pm yesterday. Checked ups. Said they tried to deliver. I was home all day. Called customer service at 810pm. Was actually told I had to call back at 9 pm because they couldn't help til it was late. He saw ups notice. Still no bedspread. Agent on chat Carter a supervisor actually told me I'd have to wait until 1/17 to consider it late. Horrible customer service. I want my bedspread but have no intentions to shop with Kohl's online again. I shop online a lot but Kohl's has the worst service of all!

Desired outcome: Want my bedspread and answers re terrible customer customer

C
11:31 pm EST

Kohl's - Croft & Barrow cotton nightgown ZC14H001RP

I purchased XX Large today and was frustrated by where the plastic tag was placed. The manufacturing punch it right into the seem by the underarm. It could not be cleanly cut throw, unless I opened the seem to pull out the other end of the plastic. I would like to see quality assurance check where the plastic tag is placed.

Catherine Strozinsky
4197 Elmwood Road
Colgate, WI 53017
[email protected]
262-628-1771

Desired outcome: They provide me with a free nightgown

Kohl's contacts