Kohl's / Scam and cheating

Kohl's currently will change your address information without your consent. They use credit reports to check for addresses and if they find a conflicting address they go ahead and change your address. They do not attempt to get in touch with you to inquire about a conflicting address, they just go ahead and change it without your consent. This has happened to me and they changed my address and starting sending my bills and my new credit card to my ex-husband. When I called to find out what happened, they claim they have the right to change your information based on Experian. I tried to explain that my legal address was current and had been for 3 years. They don't care about your situation, they don't care if they put your information into the hands of strangers, they claim to not have a 'systematic procedure' in place to present system updates from occurring. They are their exact words. I've reported them to the Better Business Bureau and Federal Trade Commission. I'm appalled at this business practice and want to shout at the rooftops to cancel your Koh's charge cards. If they don't have proper systems in place to protect your information, run from them as fast as you can... I truly cannot believe this is legal.

An

Comments

• Me
      8th of Jul, 2008

In December 2007, I purchased a $25 gift card for a relative. Since it was about two weeks before Christmas, I opted to pay extra for rush shipping. I entered my information and my relatives information correctly. I double checked the transaction and confirmed the order.

The item was supposed to arrive well before December 25. My aunt, the recipient, called and said she never received the card. It was a grab bag gift, so I was embarrassed. I called Kohl's and I spoke with a representative. The representative told me that the card had been accepted in my aunt's hometown. However, it never arrived at the appropriate address. I asked her to cancel the card and refund my money. At this point, almost a month later, I had bought another gift card and mailed it myself. I had spent well over $50 on a $25 gift. The rep told me a manager would contact me. I never heard from them or was refunded the money. I called again, but the call was again ignored. DO not purchase from this company, online. It was a bad deal all the way around.

• Jt
      21st of May, 2009

did you ever think that you should contact your post office and lodge a complaint with them?

• Si
      26th of Jun, 2009

I am sorry about this it is an attempt to make it easier for you to move with credit card, but that idea that they can't change it to what you need is absurd and needs to be fixed.

• Me
      2nd of Jan, 2010

I have been going to Kohl's since I was little. My family and I go there all the time and have never ever been ripped off.

• Do
      18th of Jan, 2010

I have been a satisfied customer for yrs.of KOHL'S. On Sat i waited for 25 minutes in the shoe Dept. with 7 other customers. Finally I went to the front cashier and asked to have someone come to help us. After another 10 min.and another request at the front a lady came. By this time more people had come and found no help, now mad, I waited then took the display shoe i wanted to her and she said all shoes were out due to recent inventory.I explained that i could not event find anymore different size shoes on sale let alone the mate to the one on display.! we both looked. Why would you put 1 shoe on display for SALE and have NO MORE IN STOCK or event under shelves.NONE. I gathered my other items went to check out only to find only 3 registers open with lines upon lines of customers waiting to pay! I went to the jewelery counter and found no line BUT the male cashier was on the phone. I couldn't help but hear he was on a personal call, so i spoke up and asked if he could check me out. HE NEVER LOOKED TO SEE IF I HAD JEWELERY BUT said he couldn't check me out because i had clothes! He returned to his caller and i went to wait in lines. PEOPLE were putting down things and walking out. I would have too except they were birthday presents for that day. NOW comes the KICKER! As i was going by the jewelery counter the man was checking out a customer that was buying shoes and non jewelery items. I WAS ALREADY DISCUSTED WITH THIS SERVICE so i stopped and said"" I THOUGH YOU COULDN'T DO THAT! ""HE HELD UP A PR. OF EARRINGS and said he has jewelery too. Itold him you never looked to see if i did or not when you were on the phone!

• Ke
      28th of May, 2010

You are so full of it lady, when an address is changed and kohls find out it was our mistake, kohls corrects the mistake, and refunds any late fess and interest charges to your account. On top of that kohls sincerely apologizes for any inconvienience they may have caused you and sends awesome coupons to you for your trouble. And this crap about sharing your information with strangers, no sorry, pay ATTENTION, does your bill have your account number or social security number on it??? NOPE, so stop being so ridiculous, talk to a supervisor and get it straightened out. If you let kohls give you customer service, then they would, but freaking out and being obnoxious won't get you anywhere with ANY BUSINESS, good luck doing business anywhere.

• Ho
      27th of Mar, 2012

I have to disagree with your assertion that Kohl's has any interest in providing customer service or fixing an error. I had an account that was in good standing with no outstanding charges changed from my address to another one in November. No notification, no verification of the information. An authorized user used it without telling me in December, I only found out when I got calls from collections. I got a response from customer service only after writing the CEO. I requested a refund of the fees charged, a letter to the credit bureaus, copies of the bills, and an explanation. The refund was made as a credit to a closed account instead of the check I requested. The refund amount was incorrect. I did finally get copies of the statements sent to me and am assured that the credit bureaus have been contact regarding the error. The explanation provided was lousy, no coupons, no sincere apology. I've never had this problem with another credit card and never encountered a company so uninterested and unwilling to fix an error. I have been a Kohl's customer for a long time but I will never shop at Kohl's again, I will tell everyone I know about my experience and I will file complaints with every consumer advocate I can find.