Kmart / terrible customer service!

This complaint is regarding my return of damaged merchandise from Order Number #10057915 of November 14, 2007. I have not been issued a refund from the item I returned via UPS on November 20, 2007 and I was told that I would have to wait until a "research request" was processed (10 days) then it would be issued (3-5 days).

I spoke with a manager, Angela (993451) on the phone January 10, 2008 and I've never been treated so badly by a customer service representative in all of my life. Here's an example: Angela said that it showed that a credit was issued, when I asked her when that credit was issued she firmly said "Do not interrupt me, mam". She told me that the credit was issued on December 3rd, I explained that I called to follow up on my refund on that day and I was sent a return receipt on that day stating it would take 30 more days. I assume that Kmart doesn't record its customer service calls as the employees are free to treat customers so rudely.

I then asked her if she could send me an email confirmation that the research request was made, she said “I don't know what good that will do". Needless to say I was extremely disappointed in the KMART phone customer service. I've never had to wait this long for a refund for damaged merchandise and I still have no resolution. In addition, I was treated badly.

I'm still waiting for my issue to be resolved. I’m a loyal customer and I hope to remain one. I am due a refund of $141.20.

Js

Comments

Me
  26th of Aug, 2008

I called the KMART store in Cliffton Hight PA #7293 regarding a product I purchased at the store and was put on hold for over 25 minutes. I called back to inquire about the product again and was told to hold while they checked and again, I was on hold for over 25 minutes. I called back and inquired about the product but ask not to be put oh hold, the next person that answered the telephone asked someone next to her and that persons response was damn we don't have it. I asked to speak to the manage and his response was we are very busy and no one could get back to you. He added that when you work in retail you get poor service. My response was, you get what you pay for and he agreed thats retail. He brushed me off by saying ok dear, what can I say dear, I'm sorry dear and thank for calling. This is not the only issue with this store, there are in store problems as well. Short staffed, they have maybe two cashers working register with the check out lines over flowing into the lines and when the manager is called his response is what do you want me to do. I would not recommed shopping at KMART and from this point on my family and friends will shop Walmart. Walmart's prices are lower, they have a better product selection, costumer service is very good and professionalism is present.