KFC - Redford Michigan On Grand River Ave / cold food, rude customer service

I went to eat with my wife who is 7 months pregnant. The air conditioner was set at a very uncomfortable 55 degrees on a 90 degree day. The lady in front of us asked why it was so cold and the manager told her it was to make sure that the staff was comfortable. The manager said that she felt it felt fine to her. I placed an order and she wouldn't raise the temp when I asked either. By the time we got our food, the food was cold because of the A/C. I would not go there again, nor would I recommend that anyone go there. There are much better places who know the meaning of the words "Customer Service".

A  24th of Sep, 2007 by
I do happen to work at a kfc/a&w store, no where near where you are, i'm in california, but you have no idea how hot it gets back there. there's 5 firers going all day, there's 2 warmers constantly being opened, and the heated display, then the running around trying to serve people and make them happy while you're trying not to drip sweat in their food. would you rather eat and be a little cold, or eat someone's sweat? yes, it's gross. our temperatures get to 120 though, so maybe you'd understand a little better in that case.
D  11th of Oct, 2007 by
I too work at a kfc/a&w. I fully agree with Anastasia. It's HOT in the kitchen, that and having people running around generates a lot of heat. We have to move fast, so theres more heat. Our customers don't seem to mind if we have the AC going. There are much better people out there that know the meaning of, "worker comfort".
What, you want the people serving you to not only bend over backwards to please you, but die of heat? Thats okay, go to McDonald's.
N  13th of Mar, 2008 by
I know she was chilly but come on 55. It is impossible to get it to that temp. with an a/c unit. The unit will ice up and then the temp will hit 90.

Take the meal to go, that is an option.
D  18th of Oct, 2008 by
You lucky they had air condition at all. I wouldn't have changed the temp neither. I think it's funny how it's one sided. They should set the Temp. so you're comfortable but when they set it so their comfortable its a different story.

Kentucky Fried Chicken [KFC] Logo Kentucky Fried Chicken [KFC]