Kentucky Fried Chicken - Batemans Bay, Nsw / poor customer service!

1 Australia Review updated:

Last Sunday night around 5.30pm we went to Kentucky fried chicken at batemans bay to order a family meal through drive thru. We were told by the i think the manager on duty that there was no chicken available and to come back in ten minutes. My husband asked the manager can we pay for it now but was told that it would be a lot f.....n easier if we come back in ten minutes. Nice choice of words. We thought we would leave it a bit longer as there was a fair amount of people waiting. We came back in 30 minutes and was told that there was no chicken that we would have to wait ten minutes. My husband said that is what you told us last time. The manager got quite stroppy and said that we were told to come back in ten minutes not 30. By this time there was around 20 or so people waiting inside and not too mention the number of cars waiting outside. I have myself worked in food and customer service and by far this would have too be the worst i have experienced. I will not be going back to this restaurant and the number of people i have spoken to have said that they are experiencing the same at this restaurant. They need to get their act together.

Comments

• Re
      8th of Jun, 2010

I'm sorry to say, but I have had a way better experience than you it seems. I know all of the staff at KFC but they recently hired on some new staff - younger people who think they own the place - and sadly, they may have been the ones on drive through. I have never once been to KFC Batemans Bay and been sworn at or told to wait. They always have food available but during busy season and holidays they do end up running out of food. I guess I just go in at the right time, I don't know. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience but the KFC staff are wonderful people but I don't really know about the new ones they seem nice but you can tell it's a fake kind of nice. I'm a pretty regular customer to this store also. Hope you get a better experience next time. Sorry this had to happen to you but I'm not entirely sure of the circumstance that you were in - whether it was holiday season or if you said something that may have offended them - you never know nowadays. I've heard two negative comments on people saying they'd never go back but the next day I see them back in KFC and they don't say anything negative. So I'm sure you'll be back to visit KFC one day...