JCPenney / misuse of mgmt and corporate responsibility

1 State RoadDartmouth, MA, United States

JC Penny's managers made their schedule for 2 weeks at a time. When I asked them (3 times) what my hours were for the week of Christmas, management continuously told me that they were still working on the schedule. The last time I asked; I told them that if they plan on laying me off, that's fine, just tell me the truth. They said they were still working on the schedule. I knew they were lying because everyone else in the store was given hours for that week. After my work week ended, I called and asked for management to contact me and let me know what was going on. They never did get a call and was never put back on the schedule. This situation was disrespectful, unreasonable and irresponsible on the part of management. I contacted JC Penny Corporate and filed a complaint against management. I have heard nothing since. I could have found another job in the meantime. It was very selfish of them. Then, when I called the corporate office, again, to tell them to mail my check to me; they mailed me 4 checks of pay that, apparently, I had never received through direct deposit. Management had my money all this time and never gave it to me during weeks that I had worked. When corporate mailed me the checks, I deposited all, figuring this is money they owed me. Two days later, after I made bill payments of my own, they stopped payment on one of their checks ($140.) which caused my account to overdraw by $95 because of bills of my own that I had paid. When I called to straighten it out with JC Penny Corporate office, their response was that I deposited the check so it was my fault. I told them that they were responsible because they issued the check in first place and neglected to contact me first. Till this day, it has not been resolved and cost me $235. in overdraft fees and bills that did not get paid. This was the worst employment situation that I have ever encountered and JC Penny owes me for this unjustified cruelty.

Ly