JCPenney / misleading advertising

1 IL, United States

And never order from their catalog. They didn't offer the items I wanted in the store, but said they were available online. Even though I planned to order online, since I was in the store already I decided to buy the new ($3) catalog since it came with a $5 coupon "good for catalog orders or orders from jcpenny. com". Unfortunately when I placed the order online, the promotion code didn't work, so I called customer service. They said the code was not for $5 off, but instead for free shipping. So I said great, give me the free shipping. They said it had to be for items from the catalog and the items I wanted were in the catalog, but that the cost of the very same items from the catalog rather than online would cost me more than the cost of the s&h I would be saving!?! So I said then ship it to the store and i'll just pick it up. Only to find out that they charge almost as much if I pick it up at the store as if I had it delivered to my home. Somehow it costs them exactly the same wether they toss it on the daily truck from the warehouse to the store, as it does to have ups deliver the item to my door. I swear this is the last time I shop there.