JCPenneyring sizing

My son purchased a ring for me for my 60th birthday. I took the ring back to the store to have it sized(they only sell size 7 rings)for my index finger. I ask if I could bring my own gold in so they would not have to stretch the ring, I was assured that they do not stretch but they add gold to the ring to enlarge it.

I went to pick up the ring and the band was so thin it was like a wire around my finger. I refused to accept the ring becasue I knew from personal experience that it would bend very easily as thin as it was. Jc Penny agreed to rectify the problem by adding gold to the ring to make the band stronger, I picked it up today and the band is still about half the thickness it was when it was purchased.

Not only is the ring unwearable, the band is out of proportion with the stone.
It is quite a large tiger eye with diamonds and I feel the band needs to be as large as it was originally for it to be a satisfactory sizing.

The manager of the jewelry department even accused me of lying about her telling me that they add gold for enlarging the size of the ring.

My son and I both are very upset as he bought this ring as a special gift for my birthday and I will nevcer be able to wear it.

I am at a loss as to what to do to get this matter handled properly.