JCPenney / tired of my supervisor!!!

1 Houston, TX, United States Review updated:

I just I want to make my complaint public I move a year ago from washignton dc to houston and I start to work in another jc penney here my old supervisor left because she had big problems with the assistant manager because he's a perfect jerk... Since she left everything change!!! In less than two months I have 8 write ups warnings when I have'nt done anything the new supervisor doesnt know what she's doing she does'nt know how to treat her associates and im feeling that she's racist. She really is!!! I spoke with the store manager and he never pays attention on me! Im tired of that situation and I dont know what to do I been for 5 years in the company and this is the first time that something like that happens to me...

Comments

12th of Jul, 2009

I am not surprised by what you have experienced in the JCPenney company. Unfortunately, JCPenney has a very long history of being racist to their associates as well as the customers. Look at the woman who went to the Southern CA store salon. She came in to get her hair dyed and the receptionist told her "we don't do hair like yours" referring to African Americans. The complaint went to the District Office. Well, since the district manager who was from the deep south and he didn't see anything wrong with what the receptionist told the customer-instead the company, district manager and store manager orchestrated a letter stating that the receptionist just meant "that their salon was not equipped to do your hair" Of course this is when Gloria Allred came to her rescue.
    I was an associate of JCPenney for 11 years. I came forward with information regarding an upper management associate's unethical and illegal behavior after months of complaining they launched an investigation and the person was dismissed. I then suffered extreme retaliation-because I came forward. And by the way it wasn't like I could ignore his behavior as he would say he would blame things on me. When he was dismissed it benefited quite a few people because of his racist attitude and unethical behavior many people's jobs were in jeopardy. These same people have not shown any support which I understand they are afraid of losing their jobs. However, as long as JCPenney and companies like them do not have people come forward they will have the freedom as they think they do now to retaliate, cover-up harass employees. Also, want to add that the company's racist attitude can be illustrated by the fact that they continue to promote people to district management positions in their biggest market in the company (Southern California, including LA) with management from the south Louisiana, Oklahoma or Iowa not one DM has been from the diversified market of Southern California. Do they want us to believe that they can’t find talent here in CA? Does JCPenney have a prerequisite for promotion to upper management positions that they must have an accent from the Deep South?