JCPenney / account sold to collector
In 2003 I remember paying off my j c penny account. The amount was only $500.00 last year I started getting phone calls from aacc. This is the collection company that jcpenny sold my account to. They are claiming I never paid. They have no record and they are asking me for a receipt which I do not have. I paid this amount in cash. When I called jcpenny they said they have nothing to do with me and I should call the collection agency. I asked for a letter of dispute from acc and they send me one that said I owed them and I should provide a receipt. At this time I am in the process of applying for a house loan. I am sure this will affect me what can I do? Who can l help me. I have had a very ugly discussion with an operator from the collection agency, because he was very rude to me. I don't know who to call who got my payment? Can some one that knows about this things respond.
More JCPenney Complaints & Reviews
- J.C Penney Hair Salon - jc penney hair salon 
- JCPenney - men in women's dressing room's 
- JC Penney Optical - under trained people working ing in the optical department 
- JC Penney Salon - horrible stylists! 
- JCPenney - employee abuse 
- JCPenny - loss of packages
- JC Penney Company - salon.
- JC Penney Company - poor management 
- JC Penney Optical - eyeglasses
- JC Penney Company - coupon for a roaster.