HSBC Credit Card / poor service!

1 India Review updated:

HSBC is the useless one in customer care. I hold a credit card. First of all they were sending my statement to my previous employer, when I had clearly instructed to send those to my home address. Even after correcting this arrangement, they were not able to issue me the statements for a few months and they charged me fees for late payments.

The customer care numbers they mentioned on their site are configured in such a stupid way that unless you are registered for phone banking, the menu doesn't allow you to go in and reach out any of the customer care representative.

Their sales representatives keep calling for new card and give some number, which is again transferred to the centralized one which again behaves same way. I logged a complaint with them and their customer care manage got back to me with useless solution which was not aligning with the problem at all. Then next time, a new customer manager got in touch with me and again the same story.

These are useless people. I want to file a suit against them. Please guide me on this.

-Nitin

Comments

• Na
      17th of Sep, 2007

Poor response of HSBC bank needs to be talked about.

• Ha
      28th of Sep, 2007

Sub : Deactivatin of card facility

Respected sir,
    I m Hardutt Singh card holder with your bank with card no 4476929987633929. I have not used your card yet I have been receiving continually payment bill. Also your unnecessary call adding to the headache.

Please deactivate all facilities to this card.

Thanking You,

Regards

Hardutt Singh
    Mob: 9911552254

• Ra
      29th of Sep, 2007

HSBC CREDIT CARD DEVISION MAKING PEOPLE FOOLS.. HYDERABAD-AP INDIA.. THERE IS NO CELL FOR CREDIT CARD DEVISION OF HSBC-HYDERABAD BRANCH AP-INDIA.

regarding card cancellation issue. regarding balance transfer issue.

i have a issue with hsbc mentioned below after making complaint this conversation happend with the hsbc bank customer care dept.

1>i asked cc what is the status of my tata-aig complaint return complaint status-(6sep), he told that it has canceled fine,so i told that there is no intimation regarding that cancellation, after that i asked about the balance transfer which i asked to transfer 6000 Rs to citi bank on 18-20 of sep.

2>He told that it didn't happened because i called the customer care dept on 2nd regarding tata-aig issue and asked them to cancel the credit card if u r not resolving this issue.after that there is no intimation to me regarding the cancellation of card.

3>if that is the case i got the credit card bill on around 11-15 of this sep. why don't u people mentioned in that letter itself that i requested for cancellation and why u people informed that this card is under cancellation procedure.

4>leave it if that is the case when i contacted the customer care dept and when i logged a complaint on tata-aig insurance(sep-18-20) issue why u didn't inform me and also when i asked for balance transfer how he agreed for balance transfer and i got a call from chennai for balance transfer they taken both citi and hsbc card numbers. Even when u called me ,that time also u didn't ask about the cancellation issue .he told that the cancellation procedure wll take 7 days procedure if that is the case after 2nd sep (sun) and the bill generation is on 11-sep(tue) means totally 7 days are there to mention in the bill itself which u send to me ,but u didn't mentioned in the bill itself. so mistake is from ur side only check the voice interaction of my account once ... after some time i was asking these questions he disconnected the call. ny how i got to know,

5>this means they r making me fool i understood every thing ..

12th of Oct, 2007

The date is 12th October 2007, and the time is 5:18pm. 6 min before i called up customer care number 25589696.
    I wanted to know my outstanding amount and wanted to redeem my points to some gift voucher... since I was not having my phone banking pin number...I asked for duplicate pin.... the gal who was assigned with this service asked my some confirmation and i have given the same... still she started asking plenty of question.. I told i dont know... she just cut the call and now my card is blocked.... bloody why she has done like that...

Every time the customer can not carry with all the info ok.

If this great service your customer care gals are giving then no use of using your credit card..... I will call up again to cancel this card

Bloody service.

29th of Oct, 2007

30 days before I had applied for gold credit card. I had received verification call, but I unable to know what is the status of that application. I want to know that Whether the application is approved or not? If the application is approved then with in how many days I will receive the card?

My application number is 5696291.
    Reply me as soonest as possible.

• Pr
      31st of Oct, 2007

I want to know the status of my application for Credit Card. I had applied for gold plus before 20 days, but I haven't received any update after that. Is this approved or not???

Pls do let me know!

• Mr
      6th of Nov, 2007

HSBC is creating havoc. Got any complaint if you ring up their customer service cell none of the managers / service personnels are available on line as they are always very busy, you just keep on holding line with caller machines commanding you.
    As per the bank instructions you can deposit the cheque at their skypack boxes located at various positions. Though you have deposited cheque well within stipulated time but the cheque has reached them late due to mistake of collectors you are liable to pay the penalty of late fee. May I know the reason thereof. Where is the justice? Who is going to check all these defaults? This has happened with me in this month. I received the statement today for the EMI due on 10.11.2007 & to my amazement I find late fee of Rs.600/- charged due to default of sky packers, as I had tendered last months cheque on 6.10.2007 at the skypack box. Will any one tell me my default & the action to be taken for it.

Harsha Chatrath.

• Mu
      12th of Nov, 2007

Long time back HSBC peoples called me regarding life time gold credit card. I refused that. But continuously they called me up. They should complete 15 customers per month. So they sent out credit card with out any confirmation. I didn't open the cover also.

Recently I have received one SMS regarding 4670 Rupees outstanding. They didn't send any communication letter and call. I called the customer care people they told HSBC won't give life time free credit card. They will charge manual fees and what ever charges applicable.

I am very disappointed with their service. It is very worst!

• Pr
      6th of Dec, 2007

Hi
    This is Pratap Seepana i want to say

Here I got A problem from HSBC Credit Card,for that I made online Complaint On nov lastweek @2007,
    Still the issue not at resolved and thay r not in a position to say the problem clearly
    It is completely worest for HSBC,The customer care support is 200% failed and worest service i have never seen before

Sorry to say Don't apply HSBC Cards

• Cl
      17th of Dec, 2007

I am your Credit Card holder which bearing number is 4476-9212-0799-6533 issued date 09/05 and expiry date is 09/07, the above card has been expired on September, 2007 but i did not received a renewed card and also we are not getting the statement of a/c whenever i sent many letter but i did not get reasonable reply and they replied through email that i should contact your call centre but your voice mail is not giving suitable reply, so i could not be able to understand regarding this your largest bank is doing like this, that your customer can not speak my problems. Like this I have also another card which number is 4476-9212-0845-2205 issued date 09/04 and expiry date is 09/06, It's also same condition. Kindly do the needful and help me. I have sent many email for changing of present address but your department is sleeping and did not take action till date. I deposit due amount every month as per your SMS. I have shifted from A-242, DDA Flats, Kalkaji, New Delhi-19 at present i am staying at H.No. 1868-A/12, 1st. Floor, Govind Puri Extn. Kalkaji, new Delhi-110019 I expect you that you will take action as soon as possible. It is most urgent. Once more i request you to take action. It is most urgent. C.L. Srivastava 9818989633 and Telephone #011-26029924 for verification My date of birth is 01-12-1960. Please click on the link below to go to the page. If you think someone you know would like to read it too, do mail it to them.

Check This Out!!!

• In
      18th of Jan, 2008

I have a credit card account with HSBC hyderbad India since 2000.

Last month I end of deposting little extra amount in the balance.

I requested the back to transfer the additional paid towards credit card my savings account in the hsbc bank.

They said they will do it in next billing cycle.

So now my credit card balance is in crdit meaning, I have not use the card but I have deposited certain amount in the credit card account.

Now this month when the send me the statement, I see that they charged finance charges and interest on my credit balace.

Instead of giving me my money back, they has started charges finance charges, service etc on my money.

I tried to explain the customer with any luck.

This is worst bank in the world. worst custmer service. Big time cheaters.....

• Mo
      10th of Mar, 2008

ya its correct when you working your self respect always comes first and its always nice when your comapany support you.

• Ba
      22nd of May, 2008

dear sir,
    my name is b.appa rao. i am having ur credit card.my credit card no is 4384599993052124. every month i am receiving my credit card stament.but this month i was not received my statement still now. so please send the e-statement to my mail-id immideately.
    thanking u sir
    yours faithfully,
    b.appa rao
    cell no:9347563109

• Va
      20th of Aug, 2008

Dear Sir

I had applied for HSBC Bank Credit Card about a month back. Verification call was made to me twice regarding this. However, Credit card has not been delivered to me till now. Details of application form are as below.
    Verification Agent Name - Priyanka

Sales Executives name:Vinod

Regards

Vadivel

200821291594.

Till now unable to contact HSBC Cc ---

Hence have decided to change my bank.

• Yu
      8th of Sep, 2008

hi,

i received HSBC credit card but, i am unble to get PIN number, pls find and tell me the procedure of this information of PIN number.

yugandhar

30th of Oct, 2008

Dear Sir

I am your credit card holder for last six months, iam getting bill statements regularly for the card no 4476929991167393
    because of this i unable to know the due amount so please send the same regularly for the smooth relation ship.

Thanks and regards
    Anil vellath

• Kr
      27th of Nov, 2008

Hello,

Your sales executive from HSBC named Mr Hanish Hareendra approached us to apply for HSBC Credit Card. Based on the details provided by him, me & two of my colleagues applied for this HSBC Credit Card on 8th August 2008, necessary verifications were made from HSBC bank side & surprisingly we haven't heard anything from HSBC Bank. From the acknowledge receipt we understand that the Credit Card would be received within 3 weeks of time from the date of application.

1.Could you confirm as why it takes so much time for you to revert
    2.Why no updates from HSBC for such a long time.
    3.In case if the application has been rejected, i urge HSBC to handover all the documents submitted by me.

Let me know if you require the acknowledgement receipt number.