Honda Activa / battery not working

India Review updated:

I purchased a Activa Scooter during May, 2011 from the dealer at Tinsukia, Assam in India named M/s Vishal Honda. During initial 2 to 3 days, the self starter worked. After that, self starter did not work. On complaining, the dealer stated that the batter was not sufficiently charged. Hence, after on month, on first servicing, I handed the scooter to dealer to check and recharge the battery. After 1st servicing, the problem remained the same.The dealer stated that due to power cut, the battery could not be charged fully. Hence, on 21.07.2011, I again handed the scooter to the dealer. On next day, the dealer stated that the battery was defective and will be replaced within a week. Hence, the dealer kept the battery and handed me the scooter. Now I have been using the scooter without battery and my horn does not work at all. Is it not a gross negligence/cheating by the dealer. The dealer delivered me a brand new scooter with a defective battery.

Comments

• Sh
      Nov 27, 2012

Hi,

I am Shrikanth.
    I bought a new Honda Activa (grey) from Silicon Honda, Banashankari 3rd Stage, Bangalore, Karnataka on June 18, 2012.
    My problems with the vecicle started with a week of buying the same. Self start doesnt work, horn and indicators doesnt work.
    I have asked the service technicians in the showroom to look into the matter 3 times and all I get a response is with the new battery coming from the company, the vehicle has to be run everyday minimun of 15-20Kms. If not the battery wont be charged and the vechicle has issues. Even if the vehicle is not run for a day, the next day, self start wont work.

So, to test this ### baseless story, I drove to my office 3 days consicutively, totally 300Kms. Still, there is no change.
    My old Honda Activa starts without any issue eevn if I dont start it for a week.
    When I told I will go to consumer court regarding this matter, the service technicians tell me to go, as they cant do anything about it.
    I dont understand the mentality of the showroom and service technicians.

Kindly help me out with this issue ASAP.

Thanks,