Home Depot / self checkout register should not be the only option

Newnan, GA, United States Review updated:

My husband and I recently purchased a new home. As you can imagine there has been many items needed, so I have been visiting our Newnan Home Depot frequently during the last month. I continuously and finding there are no cashiers upfront and self check out is the only option to make a purchase. It has become increasingly annoying, but today was extremely frustrating. There are four self checkouts and each of them had a customer needing help. This should tell the corporate office that self check out is not efficient or pleasant for their customers. They one employee trying to take care of the self check out area did not appear to be in any hurry to be of help. It was 5 o’clock in the afternoon and I along with many others are trying to run errands after we get off work. I simply do not understand why a store of that size would choose to have a self check out option only for customers at that busy time of day !!!

Js
Oct 02, 2017

Comments

•   Oct 02, 2017

So, you are so important that you can not wait in line for a few moments? Self checkout enables stores to have less staff and enables lower prices because they do not have to maintain a high payroll. People like you who [censor] about the self checkout are the same people who [censor] about the lines at a register, and the cost of the merchandise.

• Be
      Oct 20, 2018
    Best Best Advice

Wine is Good, you really think we will see lower prices? They will continue to charge the same amount and it will continue to increase as it always has. They only care about the bottom line. I agree that every store should have both options. I patiently wait in line to speak to a human when self checkouts are available. Haha! Lower prices. Yes, we will start seeing prices go down now that they need less humans up front. Off to Lowe's it is.

• Ra
      Jun 08, 2019

@Ben7 Lowe’s is the same!! Ugh

• To
      May 24, 2019

Self checkout should not be the only option. If you want to work for home depot and check yourself out, go for it. I already have a job and don't need a non-paying one from Home Depot. And if you think they will really lower prices by having less workers, I have some ocean front property for you in Missouri.