Home Depot / water damage

MA, United States Review updated:

bought new washer at HD, had it installed in May. All seemed fine til November when I noticed water puddles, soaked carpet in my basement near my washer/bathroom @ plumbing wall. Plumber found the condensate hose (from my furnace) dangling in the plumbing wall area. Apparently, the washer contractor had removed the furnace hose from the drain pipe to fit the new washer hose. So, I didn't know this until November when the furnace kicked on and started draining all over the floor.
Home Depot said they were not responsible for installs. The contractor said 6 months had elapsed so they were not responsible at that point, install warranty had expired. They were all very rude, said the actual install was not a problem. Had damage repairs and additional plumbing expenses. Very dissatisfied w Home Depot.

Comments

•   Jul 11, 2011

Sorry to hear about the troubles. Mind letting me know who the service provider was? I'd be happy to forward the information over to them and share your concerns. Feel free to email me details to [protected]@homedepot.com

Thanks,