HHGregg.com / beware of improper installation

I bought a new LG front load washer and dryer and paid for delivery and setup. They came out and installed the two units, but told me that he couldn't get the old hot water hose to unscrew from the wall.

He said that he could just leave it on and connect it to new washer. Well, he did and had me sign the invoice. I told him that I had a stroke 3 years ago and that I would have to take his word about the old hose working and that there were no leaks.

One day I went into my master bedroom closet and stepped in a pool of water.

My wife started pulling everything out of the closet and the water had ruined stuff on the floor, our carpet, and 3 sheetrock walls.

My wife said that we must have a leak coming from the laundry room. My son pulled the washer out and the old hot water hose was leaking. My wife called hhgregg that night (5-14-08) talked with the operations manager. He said how sorry he was and that they would pay for everything to be fixed.

We heard no response and by 05-20-08, I had enough and called the store and talked with several managers and finally got a case number, phone number, and a contact person.

After talking with their corporate office, I was told that hhgregg contracts their delivery /setup and that I needed to contact them.

So, I did (Spirit of Delivery) and they were oh so sorry and that they would get someone out ASAP. About 4 days later I called them back and she told me the guy she needed to talk to was out of town at a wedding for a week. I waited a week and then I called her back and she told me it was under investigation. About 06-16-08 I called her back and she told me that it was my fault/problem, because their guy could not get the old hose off.

So, make sure you know who is responsible for delivery/setup before you buy.

Va

Comments

• He
      12th of Jul, 2010

Yep I agree! You told him to leave the old hoses on so that falls on you.

• Av
      10th of Dec, 2012
    hhgregg.com - Screw this chain store
    Hhgregg.com
    hhgregg.com

Over priced crap. I can't believe half the crap made it past testing phases - they need better choices when selling things. They target low income families too, with their low payment plans on a crappy heavy tablet that doesn't do anything it's suppose to. I only buy ink their- expensive still. Their warranty system sucks too, my latpops been gone and is gone, for over a month now! Their really taking their time, on a $400 freaking warranty on a $1700 laptop... Could have saved over 1000 on hp.com.

Screw this chain store.