Complaints & Reviews

whirlpool optium iv dishwasher

I paid (in cash) $550.00 for a Whirlpool Quiet Partner IV dishwasher from HH Gregg. Was Picked up on 6/23/2010. Today is July 13.2010. The dishwasher does not get my dishes clean. I have just unloaded my dishwasher, had 4 dirty pans, 4 pan lids and one bowl that did not come clean. when I called HH Gregg about it, they informed me it was over 14 days and they would have to send me to service. I was under the understanding that there was a years warranty on all whirlpoool appliances, but I am working with my extended warranty coverage. Now, would you want a $550.00 dishwasher setting in your home that does not get dishes clean??? I am furious. they are sending a repair man on sat to fix it. FIX IT!!! why would you need repair on a brand new dishwasher.??

racism

I worked at HHgregg for 3 months and was let go after the holidays season. I was dressed neat, groomed well...

was scammed at hhgregg store by employee

Warning. Was scammed at hhgregg store by employee. I entered the store after reading that they had 24 month interest free financing on purchases over 397. After talking to the sale person I was informed to get the 24 months on tv's you had to spend 999 or more. So I did. Then I get a my statement from the CC company and they say 24 months on all purchases 397 or more. Long story short I call the hhgregg store where i purchased the products and that is correct 397 or more on ALL STORE ITEMS. I am returning both tv's tomorrow because they only wanted to give 50 dollars of my 1500 dollar bill for their employees mistake. Employees work of commision so it doesn't surprise me some will tell customers different things to get more money in their pockets. Please watch if using there financing.

Heaton Jul 12, 2010

24 Months no interest on tv's over 999 is true. They do it all the time and it's twelve months for anything over 397. Every once in awhile they'll have a sale were everything in the stote over 397 is 24 months but it's usually only a three day event and they don't do it often. The sales person most likely didn't realize that the sale had started. Honest mistake on his part.

• Ra
    random customer at greg Nov 03, 2010

some guy at h and h gregg offered sex to me if i got he tv what a bunch of garbage douche

• Ih
    ihatehgregg Dec 17, 2010

Hhgregg is stupid. If you dont sell something you have to whack the price till they buy or the manager will write you up.

Everyone there is racist.

i HATE h and h gregs

Heaton Sep 13, 2011

It's 24 Months on TV's over $999. Once every few months they have a three day special or a week long sale where everything above $397 is 24 months. Sounds to me like a honest mistake on the sales person. You could easily exchange it for the produc you like or take a fifty dollar discount. Why you expect more than $50 is the big question.

they completed a credit card in my name without my permission

I personally went in to try and purchase a washer and dryer. After telling me they would be able to have the pair delivered to me the next day, I filled out a finance form to purchase the product. They then informed me that they do not know when they would be able to deliver the products. No estimate whatsoever. They then completed a credit card in my name WITHOUT my permission. I have reported them to the Better Business Bureau and filled fraud on my credit. I cannot believe that they would do this. They wouldn't even give me my personal information back. I suggest no one go to this store! They have caused me such a hassle...‎

Heaton Jul 03, 2010

If you filled out the application and signed off on it then they didn't really do it without your permission. They put the card into the system right in front of you.

• Sh
    shenanigans_ Jan 25, 2011

ok... first off "I filled out a finance form to purchase the product", but somehow "They completed a credit card in my name without my permission" Really? The terms and conditions on ANY credit card will state that once your signature is on a credit card application, it then becomes property of whatever credit card issuer (i.e. HSBC, GE Money, Citibank, etc). Which is why they can't just give you your credit application back...

also may I add how would they have been able to run a credit application for you without YOU GIVING THE SALESPERSON YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?

Resolved employee treatment

I am a now former employee of this company and would like to share with other potential employees my...

threats and harassment over the service contract I didn't buy

I purchased a 42" tele for my parents Friday 11/27 at HH GREGG but have regrets doing any business with them at all. If I had more time (I was visiting from out of town) I would have left the store without further to do. They were not knowledgeable of anything other than their service agreements.

I picked a set out and wanted it rung up quickly because my dad was in the store and I didn't want him to know what I was doing. I explained this to the clerk. He continuously aked me to buy a service contract. The whole service contract thing went on for 10 minutes. He tried to scare me, he told the all the product was crap and I was crazy to go without one (what the hell?) He asked me why I don't buy contracts, he got personal. I finally told him either he ring up the purchase or I'm leaving, his attitude became surly at that point.

I gave him my American Express to purchase (which they take) and he made a half hearted attemp to swipe it, when that did not work he told me my card "must have been blocked".

This whole time I was starting to get the feeling these people only knew how to sell to trailer park trash as their attitude was unprofessional to say the least.

I told him to do it again as American Express never "blocks" my card. He did very quickly and then said I needed to give him another card.

AFter the threats and harassment over the service contract I didn't buy, and the grief over the card when it was obvious to me he was not doing it correctly, I went looking for a manager.

When I found one, I told him what had taken place.

He simply took my card from me, and swiped it; of course it worked. Once the invoice to sign was printed he (the manager) gestured for me to follow him. I wondered what that was about but I followed him to the front door of the store. He had me sign the invoice there, instead of at the desk, right beside the door! Then he suggested I wait outside for the TV to be brought out. He was noticeably annoyed when I turned and walked back to the back of the store (to get my father).

Well, I am a 57 yr old woman and I certainly did not appreciate the condescending and rude behavior of these people, from the manager on down.

I will NEVER walk into HH Gregg again as long as I live, AND I will blog and spread the word. Looks like I won't have to do much though as there seems to be lots of complaints.

I cannot believe a retailer would act this way DURING A PURCHASE! What is WRONG with these people????

The is the Columbus Ga store on Whittlesby Rd at Columbus Crossing. AVOID!

• Mr
    mrmark1999 Jun 18, 2011

Ok the main problem is she was trying to make a purchase at a store that is full of sales men not clerks. Buy the way who brings their father to a retail store to buy a big screen TV and expect him not to see the big ### box being wheeled out the door. The sales man wanted to explain the warranty to you because when u break the TV he does not want to listen to more of u when try and return it 3 years later .The reason you were asked to go to the storefront was the warehouse staff brings the item to the main doors. You are asked to sign at the door to acknowledge you have received the item you purchase. Just remember the sales man was probably was more put out dealing with a uppity know it all

Resolved sale item didn't exist

After seeing a sale in the local paper for a Curtis 32" LCD HDTV I went to the hhgregg on capital blvd Raleigh, NC.

3rd time in store, 1st purchase and as expected I get attacked by the car salesman type vultures waiting for there prey to walk in. 1st day of the sale they tell me they do not have it in stock (hmm) and then proceed to try and sell me a higher priced model (of caurse) and they inform me that the sale item won't be here for a month. So I say fine, I'll wait then. So 3 weeks later they call the wrong number (I gave them 2) and tell me they can't get the TV THEY ADVERTISED! and now I have to settle for a lesser model which just happens to be there main brand. (imagine that)

Like most reviews in here I recieved no appology and was told that I could have my money back and walk, so after setting up my system cables, tv stand, dvd player, computer and all the cables for the past 3 weeks I now have to walk out empty handed and begin hunting for another set.

This was my 1st and last experience with hhgregg. I normaly would not go to this extent to complain, but after finding this site and seeing all the negative reviews I just had to help it along. hhgregg should be shut down and I feel that it will happen soon enough.

After walking in the store on 3 occations now and see the store empty of shoppers and full of salesman it's only a matter of time.

• Ih
    ihatehgregg Dec 17, 2010

i hate that place they dont want to let you shop they are used car sales men i hate that place

Resolved I am totally dissatisfied with hhgregg

Jan 2008 purchased DVD Recorder, it no longer works. I took it into the store where I purchased and they asked if I purchased at their location -- the address was printed at the top of the page! Then they would give NO indication of when the repaired item was to be returned. I am totally dissatisfied with everything HH Gregg and beyond this will never buy again. I was only allowed to speack to a MIT (manager in training) who obviously did not know anything except doubletalk and evasiveness.

Resolved do not stand behind their products

So we have purchased many appliances and electronics fron HHGregg so decided to pick up a 61 in. Mitsubishi DLP when they were on sell. We ended up spending a little under 3000.00 and purchased the 3 YR ESP for the TV. Well this was purchased March 13, 2008 and today it went nutso and actually looked as though our TV was in Jail. We called he local HHGregg who said it wasn't a store problem and to contact Corp Service and warranty who then told us they would send someone out in a week.

A freaking week?? So my husband calls me to tell me whats going on so I call the store and spoke witht he manager and explained that we have been loyal customers, purchased the ESP for this TV which is LESS than a yr old and we should have a replacement if we are having to wait a week. She tells me only the corporate office cold issue "loaners" and to contact them before 4pm. This was at 3:40pm today. So I promptly caled and waited on hold till 4pm! I guess they were waiting to see if I'd hang up so they could go home for the weekend without dealing with me...wrong!

I was then told my TV wasn't old enough to have a loaner issued and that it was still under the manufactor warranty and the ESP issued by HHGregg wasnt in effect. Fine, then stand behind what you sale to your customer because we are FAR from happy about being without a TV for a week because thi 11month old piece of crap took a dump!

No go..she said it's not HHGregg's fault and they do stand behind their products, but apparently not!
I will NEVER again purchase another item from them and you should also think twice before buying anything there..unless of course you like crappy products with an even crappy service dept and customer relations dept!

• Mg
    MGRtruth Sep 09, 2010

HHGregg does not manufacture their TVs. Every retailer is a re-seller of merchandise. They all have return policies and after that you deal with the manufacturer. Its not about standing behind "their" products because they aren't theirs. Anyone who lodges a complaint like this doesn't understand retail or the way business works. Go take a class.

• Pe
    petero Aug 16, 2011

Employees of stores such as hhgregg, are pressured to sell service contracts. It does not matter if the store or a third party is the holder of the contract, it is essential that salespeople sell a certain quota of such contracts, in order to stay employed. However, the contracts also put extra money in the pockets of the salespeople. As a consequence, some salespeople will tell their customers anything to get that warranty sale.

Another thing to think about is that if you are offered a service contract, and you do not buy one, you might be in for some retaliatory grief, if you have a problem later on with your purchase. Since the salespeople are under so much pressure to sell service contracts, you might be greeted with some hostility, even if the item is still under the manufacturer's warranty. If the warranty has expired, and you did not buy a service contract-good luck!

• Pe
    petero Aug 16, 2011

@Angeline If everything happened exactly the way you described, and considering that you had purchased a service contract, extended warranty, or whatever - then you did indeed get ripped off.

• Th
    TheWayItIs Aug 20, 2011

In year 1, it is under the mfr warranty. HH Gregg does not have a service dept or repair facility. You could go online yourself or call Mitsubishi who will refer you to the closest authorized service. In year 1, or through your extended warranty period, you don't have to pay. So what's the beef? Same deal, same situation with Best Buy and others.
    One week for a TV, not bad.

Heaton Sep 13, 2011

The Manufactor plan that comes with the TV does not cover everything. It clearly states on the manuel that it's a limited service. So even if it's been less than a year your tv is screwed up imagine what would happen if you didn'r have a protection plan. You'd spend $125 for the inspection and than a few hundred for repairs. Instead you wait a week and it's covered for you.

• Sp
    spdfrk Oct 12, 2011

People who have complaints like this are generally those who have the impression that retail and warranties work the same as they did in the 1930's and 40's. These days, with the highly competitive market for electronics created by consumers expecting to purchase products at prices that barely justify the cost of producing the product, it just isn't possible for things to be as they were then. Basically, consumers are creating there own nightmares and bad experiences. Your complaint isn't entirely incorrect. It's just the wrong decade for complaints like this. If you wish to shovel blame on to anyone, then feel free to throw it on me, you, and everyone else who has gone to purchase a electronic product and expected to do so at a price that was absurdly low.
    Having to wait a week for repair isn't due to an unwillingness to assist you by any party involved. Did you stop to consider that quite possibly the repair technicians are busy working on other customers issues? Even if they have numerous technicians, I'm sure they are swamped on a daily basis. As far as a replacement goes, doesn't making such a request seem like it's a bit outlandish and impatient? It's a tv, not a car. I could understand if it was something that would cause a detrimental inconvenience if it were to break down, but it's a tv. This summer, due to severe weather and downed wires, the area where I live spent 7 days without electricity. A week without a big screen tv or a week without electricity, which would you describe as being considerably more inconvenient?
    Now I will jump down off of my titanium / carbon fiber soap box and simply add this...
    I have worked in retail for nearly 20 years, and when a salesperson such as myself recommends a service plan, it's not just for the sake of padding our paychecks. We also do it for your sake. Salespeople see on a daily basis what customers have to pay and the ordeal they have to go through to get a product repaired if they do not have a service plan on the product.

• Th
    TheWayItIs Oct 19, 2011

@heaton and @spdfrk - service plan companies take no liability for the mfr warranty period. Period. Mfrs cover the product if it doesn't work other than physical damage. The protection plans do nothing in the mfr warranty period and many times make it worse due to restricted use of only service companies who will accept the plan adminstrator's fees during the coverage period. As we all said, one week is not long whether through a mfr or under plan. Per OP, did the Mitsubishi come with 2 years as it was stated "it was still under warranty?"
    FYI = salespeople recommend service plans because it's your job, most places either pay a commission or exert heavy pressure to sell them or both. There's not ONE "sales" person out there with any FACTUAL knowledge of repair histories with specific products. NO product justifies a service contract. The entire industry is selling MYTHS.

• Ir
    IraqiVet Sep 04, 2013

Do not spend your hard on money at HH Gregg nor purchase their extended warranty.

Resolved don't buy from them

Seventeen months after I purchased a $1, 675 Sony 46" flat screen TV, it failed. HHGregg advertised quality products, but a TV which lasts only 17 months does not fit my definition of a quality product. I called Sony and their representative stated that the TV lasted longer than the one year warrenty which is Sony's goal. I will not purchase any merchandise from hhgregg nor buy the Sony brand in the future.

Heaton Jul 02, 2010

Your an idiot. The store has nothing to do with the product. They don't make the product or fix it. They sale the product. That tv was built in a Sony factory and shipped to several store. Anyone from Best Buy to Wal Mart could have sold that same tv and your seriously going to sit here and blame them for your tv messing up a year and a half later...you really are an idiot.

Heaton Jul 12, 2010

Dude I feel your pain. I bought a toaster from Wal Mart three years ago and it burnt my beagel this morning. Not only should Wal Mart replace my toaster but they owe me a beagel too.

• Cj
    CJ Benton Jul 24, 2011

I feel that if you are treated unfair then if you do not let people know things will not change - as for hhgregg people one would only have to read and find out that they do not stand behind products they sale - and yes anyone that buys from them should expect them to stand behind what they sale for at least 6 months to a year - most stores do (Wal-Mart, K Mart, Sams Club, Best Buy, Sears) why should hhgregg not be held accountable for somthing they sale - but I can speak from experience as they did not stand behind a printer they sold me - you are on your own if you purchase from them when you take it out the door - I only had a month and the manager made it plain that unless I have an extended warrenty they will not hlep you - they just opened a store in Myrtle Beach SC and if they continue down the path of not caring then it should close and I hope it does

Heaton Sep 14, 2011

Again they didn't build that printer. If the product fails which any electronic can than it falls on the manufactor not the person who sold it. Quit being a jew and buy a service protection plan if you want hhgregg to fix your crap after you break it.

• Dd
    ddwhi Jul 01, 2012

, i can tell when they salesman offered you the service plan you said no. That is how they stand behind what they sell. the manf. only gives you a year warranty. after that you are on you own.

Resolved bad experience

My first and last time purchasing anything at hhgregg ; should had walked away when the sales person attending me left me to help a couple. After waiting for him for more than 20 minutes got someone else to help me. I spent over $1.600 so don't think wasted anyone's time particularly in this economy. As I was paying for my purchse the 1st sales person asked me if I bought anything and when I told him, yes a stove and a refrigerator he said "I left because was not sure you were serious about buying anything"

My "biggest" problem began at delivery; only 1 of the 2 items purchased was delivered and neither the drivers or warehouse could tell me what happened to the refrigerator I purchased. Called store and the person that answered the phone got very defensive, almost aggresive. I asked to speak to soemone else and the manager was not much better; it appears the staff at hhgregg are trained not to take any responsibility but instead they get very defensive and very rude and it appears hhgregg should spend more time training their management staff to provide better customer service/support. After all of that, the wrong refrigerator was delivered (after 2 days) so I refused delivery and when I called the store they, again, got extremelly defensive to the point of sounding very aggresive before they even gave me the chance to explain. The store I am complaining about is the hhgregg in Smyrna, GA.

Bad, bad experience but after searching th ewe, noticed most of the complaints on this company are related to the same.

• So
    Sorrell Dec 01, 2011

I feel like the person above went to buy a TV and the sticker plate said everyday low 1099.99 nothing about on sale on clearance price we had to check to make sure it was in stock in was we tried to buy the TV and he said it wasn't on sale anymore for that price I told him that I should receive it for that price since it was posted it was the manager problem that his employees needed pulled the necessary tags off the merchandise not the customers manager at the Huber Heights store in Dayton, Ohio would not give it to us for that price after we have spent thousands of dollars at the HHgregg stores over a 200.00 difference I feel they don't care about the customers that pay there incomes.called corporate and they were no better Katherine and Mary both from corporate had the same thing to say the managers can pull the tags when they want I guess even in front of the customer that already seen the price and wanted to purchase the product very RUDE and people throughout the HHgregg company. I would recommend not to purchase anything from HHgregg.

joshua owens Jun 22, 2012

I have been going through the most trouble customer experience of my life with this company. We bought a samsung 3d tv for 849.99$ and then a 249.99 $ on a five year service policy.. Now they are saying that even though our receipt says 849.99 $ they are trying to say it was apart of a bundle and the glasses were 250$ so we will only get a credit of 648.30$???!!! We are still in process of fighting them one of the managers was supposed to get back with us a month ago. I finally call today and he no longer works there. So I have to either go to corporate and fax them what my receipt says! or take them to small claims court.

Resolved awful company

HH Gregg sells you extended warranties and will do nothing to help you get your TV fixed or replaced. For about 2 months now I have had no TV. The repair man said Hitachi does not make the board for my 57” TV any longer, the so called warranty I paid $400 for said a board needs repaired. The repairman says they can’t fix the board because its intermittent problems. Called HH Gregg about 6 times or more and they said they couldn’t help me. They sold the extended warranty to another company and they are out of the picture. When I bought the TV and paid for the extended warranty I was told new parts for repair or I would get a new TV. I have now been told that if they would replace the TV I would not get the same brand and it would not cost the $2400 I paid, they have to depreciate the TV because its not new any longer, and I may end up with around a $1000 TV but they might send out another repairman to recheck it out and they cant give me any idea how long this all will take, and there is no time limit! HH Gregg sure wants to sell you the extended warranty but they will do nothing to back it up!

• Ev
    Eva Feb 05, 2009

I recently went to HHGREGG to exchange a camera that I had gotten as a gift, it just wasn't the one I wanted. When I got there I was swarmed by salesman as usual. Once I mentioned I wanted to exchange the camera they literally walked away leaving me standing alone. After awhile I found what I was looking for and had to go ask two separate people to help me. When I was paying for the items(I bought some accessories as well) I was told the camera was out of stock but it would be in the truck on the following Wed.

I called Wed. to insure it was there before I drove there, it was not.I was told there was no room on the truck for my camera, how big could this camera have been that it could not fit on a huge truck?I was told by the CSR it would be an additional 7-10 days but she could not say for sure. When I asked to speak to the manager I was on hold for over five minutes even though I just heard him talking to the csr.He told me quite rudely either wait the 10 days, go to Eastgate Ohio(over 30 miles away) to pick it up or return it. I found that shocking because all total My husband and I had spent over $1500 at the store that day.The manager could not have cared less that we were upset over the wait time. My daughter has her fist violin recital this weekend and I was looking forward to using my new SLR camera. I even filed a complaint at the company web-site, I quickly got back an e-amil that said a member of management would be calling shortly to discuss my problem. It has been two days, no camera, no call, I am not holding my breathe. My guess is that HHGREGG will be the next specialty store to bite the dust, the service is absolutely terrible once they have your money.

• Ev
    Evan Jul 23, 2009

We purchased a small refrigerator that was on sale from the HHGregg store in Piqua, OH. It's been one big hassle. I am 65 years old, and it's a 50+ mile round trip.

The hassle began when I called to see if it was in stock, they said it wasn’t, and I'd have to come in and pay for it, before they'd order it. They wouldn't take my credit card over the phone. So I drove over and paid cash.

When it came in, I called and asked if they'd deliver it. They told me I had to come in first and pay for the delivery, (Evidently, they would not trust me to pay the delivery man). So I called a friend, and we went to pick it up instead.

When I got it home, it was defective, it wouldn't cool. I called the store, they told me to call the service center, who told me I'd have to call the manufacturer. I called them, they said they'd send someone out to fix it.

After no one came to fix it in the next five days, I called the store back. I talked to the manager this time. He said he'd order me a new one, but I had to bring this one back, before he'd order it. That would be two more trips over and back. But I said OK.

The next morning my wife and I decided to just get our money back, we’d had enough hassle already. When I got to the store, I told the manager I just wanted a refund. He got a little pissy, and said that’s not what we agreed on last night. I told him I changed my mind, we’d been hassled enough.

He said he’d give me a refund, but he had the right to charge me a 20% restocking fee. (That was about $54.00.) I asked him how he could charge a restocking fee when he sold me defective merchandise. He said I should have read the back of the invoice. I said I’d pay the restocking fee, just write it up. When I asked for the cash back, he said they’d send a check in the next 7 to 10 days, he said they also had the right do this as it was also stated on the back of the invoice.

Before I walked out of the store, I told him he was going to get a little publicity. I’d write the Attorney General, Better Business Bureau, and post this on several web sites. He didn’t seem to care.

• Dr
    drbaker Aug 12, 2009

This is similar to the what I am experiencing with HH Gregg. I have a 10 year warranty on an Amana refrigerator. Today it stopped cooling so I called the service center number on the warranty. They tell me that my warranty had been cancelled, that I had to call the store. The store tells me that my warranty is good, but I will have to wait 24 to 48 hours for it to be verified. I call back later in the day to confirm that the proper information was forwarded to service and the rep was quite rude with me. He told me not to bother him, I would have to deal with service. I called service back to see if by chance the warranty had been reinstated in their records and was told that it had not. I asked them to call as soon as it had and was told they could not do that. I would have to keep calling to see when it would clear. I asked for the manager and was put on hold indefinitely. I hung up after 20 minutes. I am very discouraged.

• De
    Denim Sep 02, 2009

I went in the Tri County HH Gregg store in Cincinnati with the intention of purchasing a DVD player they had advertised. A salesman helped me find the item and before we went to the register I asked if I could use a travelers check to pay. He wasn't sure so he asked a manager and was told he could. After filling out the travelers check and signing it I gave it to him with my id. He couldn't get it through and went back to the manager again and this time was told that he couldn't accept the travelers check. I talked to the manager and at first he said that he couldn't accept it because is was a $50 travelers check and they couldn't make change and then he said that their insurance wouldn't let them accept travelers checks at all. I informed him that I had asked prior to filling out the check and that he had previously said I could use it. Since American Express travelers checks are good worldwide, I couldn't understand why it wasn't good at HH Gregg and I was upset because I had already filled it out and signed it. I left the store upset and made my purchase at Sears. HH Gregg is off my list of places to shop at.

• Do
    DONEWITHHGREGG Apr 17, 2012

TAKE THEM TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT I DID AND I WON

Resolved avoid at all costs

Bought Frigidaire ref with extended warranty.Ref. icemaker quit and was serviced every Tues for 7 weeks. Eventually lost everything and they fixed following week as scheduled. Ref works but no icemaker. Conatacted GE., complained about service and they offered to replace with new one. Went to HHGregg, Clarksville, Tn and paid for a replacement. Chose Whirlpool for replacement and told it would be delivered in 9 days, they claim would ship from store in Indiana. Now they tell me they have it on back order. I don't know when I will ever get this worked out. I do not recommend purchase from this company. They are not what they claim in their advertisements.

Resolved messed up a kitchen installation

HH Gregg messed up a kitchen installation. Bottom-line is that they drilled unecessary (and huge) holes in my new custom cabinets then only to find the appliance didn't fit. At first, they gave me a free hood to hide the damage and substituted the built-in microwave for a free standing. I told them I didn't want a free standing one because I didn't think it would fit so I wanted that money back. They told me to hold on to it until the kitchen was done and then if I didn't want it, I could return it. About six months later my custom kitchen was completed and the free standing microwave didn't fit. They are refusing to take it back saying it's been too long. They never gave me a time limit and anyone who has been through a custom renovation knows it takes a long time. I'm fuming! I will never give them a dime because they didn't keep their word and they don't seem to care. I took this to the corporate level and their response was basically to sue them.

Resolved horrible company

On, Sunday, March 2, 2017, I went into the store and bought a chest type freezer.The salesman was all over...

laptop extended warranty

In october of 2006 I purchased a Toshiba Laptop from HHgregg along with A 4 year warrantyy that covers everything. I had screen damage and went to HHgregg. They told me they never sold such a warranty. Eventually the magically dicovered that I did and sent me off to call GE. I told GE what was wrong and was assured that they could just replace the screen. He asked if I backed up the data and I said no. He assured me it was fine.After not hearing from them, I called to see where my laptop was. I was informed it's going to be replaced and its already been sent to salvage. My data is gone! Now Im waiting to see what piece of ### they want to replace it with. Or the small amount of money they will offer to settle with.

Heaton Jul 12, 2010

Wow, so you waited three years to tell us that made up story. One way you can tell how fake these storys are is by looking at the dates posted. Hhgregg gives a full refund or replaces it with a model of equal or higher value. Another fake complaint by another fake user name.

Resolved non response to service request

Amana refrigerator purchased in 8/02 stopped cooling. We have a 10 major component warranty for the product. Called for service and was informed that warranty was cancelled, that I would have to call store for verification. Store verified and stated that verification was sent to service company and should show up after 24 hours. Many phone calls and hours later I am still trying to get service on said refrigertor. I have escalated to the the customer relations department at the service company (GE Assurant). I have emailed my service contract and bill of sale showing that warranty is in deed still in effect until 2012. Still no reply or service. I will never buy from HH Gregg again and will warn everyone to beware.

Resolved scammers

I ordered a big screen TV to be delivered for a 25th anniversary/Christmas gift from Hhgregg and set up delivery time and date for when we would be on a trip and my son would be home to let them in. Then my hubby would walk in the door and it would be a big surprise. Not only did they NOT deliver the TV, they BILLED me for the TV and then, when I called, told me they did not even have the TV in stock to deliver in the first place! Now I have neither an anniversary or a Christmas gift for my hubby. All I have is a bill for $2500-and no TV.

Resolved unauthorized charges

I purchased an $250.00(cash) for an open boxed camcorder for my ministry. Because it was an open box I specifilly asked the associate that sold it to us about the return policy. I asked will I be able to get a refund if I am not happy with it or something is wrong with it. He said Oh sure! you have 10 days no problem just keep your sales reciept, and we will give you a full refund. After I got the camera home and checked it over good I realized it did not have a feature I really needed so I decided to return it back to the store. To my surprise the cashier informed me that she could only give me $100.00 of my money now and mail the rest in 7 to 10 days. Needless to say I was very upset sinse they did not have another camera with the feature we needed that would fit our budget. The cashiers response to me was the policy is on the back of the reciept. I explained to her that I had asked the sales associate about the return policy before I purchased the camera, and that he had told me I could get a full refund, and that he did not mention anything about the policy stating that I could only get a portion of my money back, and have to wait for the rest to be mailed. And also that I did not have any way of knowing what was on the back of that reciept untill after I made my purchase. Once again she stated it is on the back of your reciept. At that time I asked to speak to the store manager (Chris).

I explained the transaction to Chris, and his response was the same (it's on the back of the reciept) at that time I explained to Chris that I had no way of knowing whats on the back of the reciept untill after I make the purchase. I also told him I that the sales associate should have told us when we asked the day we purchased the camera. Chris at that time said in a rude tone I do not have time to take 30 minutes to explain our return policy, and he walked off.

I told the cashier that he was rude, and that I would never shop HHGregg again. I informed her that their return policy stinks, and that they should post it where customers can see it before they make their purchase. That it wrong to not inform a customer of the return ploicy before the purchase.

I called customer service to make a complaint about Chris and his rude careless attitude, poor customer service, and thier return policy and their method of informing or not informing the customer untill after the purchase has been made. I got the same treatment from them the lady was rude and insisted that the return policy is on the back of the reciept. PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHATS SO HARD ABOUT UBDERSTANDING THAT THE CUSTOMER DOES NOT SEE THAT BLESSED RECIEPT UNTILL (AFTER) THEY HAVE MADE THE PURCHASE!!!

I could not seem to get these people to understand that. I think it is wrong, it is deceptive, and misleading to not inform their customers that they will not recieve all the refund at the time of return if it is over 100.00.

Jack Jan 06, 2009

This complaint concerns the treatment I received from Chris, the store manager, and his staff at the hhgregg location in Gastonia, NC during my attempt to purchase a Wii bundle featured in their ad for Black Friday 2008.

I lined up at 2:15 AM and was number 4 in line. Since the customers ahead of me were purchasing TV's and appliances I felt comfortable that I would secure this item for my son's Christmas. When the doors opened at 5 AM I promptly entered the store and secured a Wii bundle. I then proceeded to pick up a 7" digital photo frame for my in-laws. I scouted the store to find the touch screen mp3 player that was advertised, but as these had sold out I entered the check out line at the front of the store.

Two customers ahead of me a gentleman had his hhgregg card declined. The manager working this area berated the customer, refusing to discuss the issue and abruptly told the customer he did not have time to discuss the issue.

When my turn came to be checked out the cashier (a blonde woman, I am unsure of her name, possibly Amanda or Amber) rang up my items and swiped my hhgregg card. She encountered an error code that said approval needed. She then swiped the card again and informed me that I had an available credit balance of $138. Incredulous I informed her that I had checked my balance on Thanksgiving and had available credit of $600 from a $2000 credit limit, and I made a payment that same day.

The response from the cashier was that GE Money must have reduced my credit limit, citing the recent credit crunch, etc. I was then handed a paper voucher for the Wii bundle by the same manager I previously described, and I stated that I would step out of line to contact GE to resolve the credit line issue.

I spent the next 2 hours (5:30 AM to 7:30 AM) before I could reach a live operator and GE Money. I tried use the automated system to increase my credit line so that I could purchase the bundle but was unsuccessful.

During this time I spoke to several store employees and with Chris the manager. I expressed my displeasure, yet no one offered an attitude beyond well it is GE's fault. Around 7 AM Chris informed me that they had sold out of the Wii bundles. I was enraged at this point because I held a voucher for the same, and I had never left the store so that I would not lose the right to purchase it. Chris claims that I stated I was leaving. This was a bald face lie as I had stated that due to my treatment with having my credit line reduced I would not patronize hhgregg again, a statement I remonstrated stronger after I had been told the Wii bundles were sold out.

At 7:30 AM I was able to speak to a live operator at GE Money who informed me that the reason I had $138 of credit line remaining was that I had made a $469 purchase on 11-28-08. I repeated that I had not made a purchase to which the operator stated a charge was made at hhgregg this morning. I told the operator I would speak to the store staff because I had not successfully completed any purchase.

I returned to the check out line where I dealt with the cashier I had dealt with in my first attempt to purchase the Wii bundle. I explained to her what the operator at GE had told me. She had no record of a successful transaction on her computer for my account and called GE and was told of the approved transaction. I demanded that the charge be removed from my account so that I would have my proper credit line available which was accomplished.

The part of this situation was truly pisses me off is that they refused to hold a bundle for me despite handing me a voucher for the same (the digital picture frame I had was sold from behind the counter too). No one in the store ever said they were sorry as they were too busy trying to shirk the blame.

As my parting shot I informed Chris the manager that he had permanently lost a customer and that I would inform my family and friends not to patronize hhgregg. He was genuinely unconcerned or unimpressed.

After I left the store I called hhgregg's corporate offices to register my displeasure at the lack of concern or apology from the store personnel. The person I spoke to was unhelpful and unsympathetic. They would not even call the store to register my complaint or could not locate a Wii bundle for sale in another local store.

Prior to today I had had decent experiences purchasing LCD TV's from the Gastonia store. This was despite the two returned dryers my parents had suffered at the hand of the staff from the same store. I had been willing to give this store and staff benefit of the doubt, but any goodwill I once harbored has been expended in this fiasco.

Heaton Jul 12, 2010

All return policys are on the reciept and there posted next to the information register. You got a full refund like he said so I see no problem here.

Heaton Jul 12, 2010

This is a fake complaint. The same complaint word for word was posted a couple months after this from a different user name. Other competitors put fake complaints up on these sites to increase sales in there store. Don't get me wrong there are a few of these storys that are true but only a few out of the numerous one on here. This one is fake and not very well thought out either.

Resolved refuses copy of contract

HHGREGG refuses to send a copy of the contract for there appliance store in ohio location. I have tryed several times to have the Written contract sent to us. They refuse. They have GE Money bank handling the credit card for HHGREGG. I have been given several differant balances from GE Money Bank. I requested GE Money Bank to send proof that HHGREGG has the written contract that was signed and they can not provide any documentation. I have talk to so many people from HHGREGG and GE Money Bank neither can send any Proof of a written contract signed by me.I was told I would receive my contract in the mail once it is processed. They have proved to me to be a very unprofessional company and have no sense of direction. You cannot understand the people answering the phones when you call. They do not know how to handle your problem. They say they will take care of the problem and never do. They are crooked. I feel HHGREGG and GE Money Bank should be put out of bussiness they are a skam.

• Ji
    JimandCarroll Jul 14, 2009

hhgregg is the best!!! I purchased a whole kitchen and surround sound, they stick to GREAT PRICE AND ADVICE. I feel for all the complaints because i am completely satisfied. Give people a break.

• Ed
    EDW Aug 02, 2009

I have shopped there for the past 10 years and they have treated me like family everytime I come to the store. I had a problem with a washer a couple of years ago and they were quick to direct me to the correct servicer to fix my problem. I do buy the extended warranties with the stuff these days and I was thankful to do so, the washer I purchased could not be fixed so they let me pick out another unit for the same price I paid for the last one. The are byfar the only place I will shop for appliances and electronics! Go HHGregg!!