HH Gregg / human resources
HHGregg has terrible business practices in employee relations. Although they claim to be family operated, and family focused, this company requires salaried managers to work open to close shifts 3 times a week! Upon hire, managers are told they will work the standard 45 hour work week, until peak season. It's a lie. They also have weeks where they only have one day off, and they are often required to work extra.
A typical retail schedule is a morning manager works 8-5 and a closer works 1-10. The others fill in or take their day off.
But not here!
They employ a measly 3 managers per store, and respond to suggestions to hire a 4th manager with "Ok, then we will cut your salary by a percentage." From a company that pays bonuses on negative comps, and makes a TON of money each day, they don't even stand against companies that make way less, and yet still make sure their managers are not burned out.
It's no wonder HH Gregg has internal theft problems, and a high rate of turnover. The managers they hire are low caliber. Everyone knows that you can hire a single person who has no life and work them till they quit. Or you can hire family focused people that have a reason to make a loyal career.
Also, they constantly mess up peoples benefits, bonuses, paychecks, reimbursements, and W2's. It was June before we got ours!! You'd think a company that wants to make an impression on new markets would deal with these matters with urgency.
Shame on them. I vote
WORST PLACE TO WORK!!
More HH Gregg Complaints & Reviews
- HHGregg, Inc. - misleading extended service plan 
- HH Gregg - mail in rebates! 
- HH Gregg - don't honor price matching policy 
- HHgregg - former employee 
- [Resolved] HHgregg - employee treatment 
- HH Gregg - living room furniture
- HHGregg.com - hh gregg’s stainless samsung refrigerator
- HHgregg - all household appliances (range/refrigerator/microwave/dishwasher/washer/dryer/deep freezer)
- HH Gregg - gas range 
- HHgregg - installation of refrigerator water ice maker