Hertz Truck Australia / jim smith hertz staff not professional and the company can't be trusted.

Aug 5, 2015
359-363 Mann Street North Gosford
North Gosford
Phone: 0243249859
Bad Service: I wrote below to let aussies know how bad North Gosford Hertz service was.Dont rent any car from them, as the staff not professional and the company can’t be trusted.

I rented a 3 tone Truck from above North Gosford Australia on 1 Aug 7:30, and we need this truck for Saturday only, Mary who is the Hertz staff serviced me, I checked with her if we can returned the key after hours, I had been told they don’t have return letter box for after hour key return, and they asked us to return the key on next day(2nd Aug Sunday), she also told us if we return the key before mid-day on Sunday, that won’t have extra cost, unless the truck is damaged by accident and forget refill the petrol.

She didn’t mentioned extra day charge if we returned the truck after 7:30AM. We have rented a truck previously from hertz @ Arncliffe, which had an afterhours key return, so we thought it odd that this same facility wasn’t available at Gosford.

I returned the key after 9AM Sunday, Mary said its all good and unless the petrol’s low there’s no extra charge, I see this wasn’t the case once seeing my credit card statement, I realize they charged me 2 days.

I tried to explain what Mary told me, and they mentioned every condition is on the statement, they won’t give me refund. I used to rent car with Hertz all the time, I don’t have any issues like this, but after this bad experience, I will tell everyone not to consider rent any vehicle by Hertz, as the staff not professional and the company can’t be trusted.

Hertz Logo Hertz