Hertz Rental Car / Inexcusable pick-up delays

Jun 15, 2015
While I was very pleased with the rental vehicle I would never use Hertz again for a car rental. I reserved the car online at the Hertz website for 8:30am in the morning and requested to be picked up in Meriden, CT. At 8:15am I phoned the rental location in Wallingford, CT to ask when I could expect to be picked up. I was told that all personnel were outside moving cars around and that someone would call me right back. At 8:30am I called again to ask when the pick-up would be and was told that someone would call me shortly. At 8:45am I called again to ask when I would be picked up and was told that a text message was sent to all personnel and I should expect a call shortly. At 9:00am I call yet again only to be told again that no one was available at that moment. I then called a friend and asked him to give me a ride to the Hertz location. My friend picked me up at 9:30am and drove me to the Hertz location. We arrived at 9:50am and I completed the required paperwork by 10:15am. The staff was very apologetic but at that point it was too late. I still had to drive home and pack the car before my 800 mile trip to Spartanburg, South Carolina. I did not leave my house until 11am – 2 ½ hours after my reservation time.

There was a death in my family and my car would never make the trip so that it why I decided to rent a car. What the staff did at the Hertz location in Wallingford, CT is inexcusable. If I reserve a car for 8:30am I should be picked up early enough so that I can complete the required paperwork and be driving off of the lot at 8:30am in the rental car. I had hotel reservations that I had to change and had to call my father to let him know that I would be 2 ½ hours late picking him up. I would never rent a car from Hertz again and would strongly discourage others from doing so. I chose Hertz because the prices were the lowest but I guess you get what you pay for. Hertz s me an email asking about my car rental experience with them but when I tried to send my complaint to them it was returned due to a delivery failure. How convenient!

Hertz Logo Hertz