Hertzovercharging, poor customer service

I rented a car for 1 day (less than 24 hours), picked up on January 12th, 2015 at 12:28pm and dropped off on January 13th, 2015 between 5:00am and 6:00am. The car worked fine and did what it was supposed to do (basic economy car, Toyota Yaris). When we dropped the car off, we were told by the attendant that if we didn't need a receipt to just leave the keys on the dashboard and go, which we did. Our credit card was originally were charged for SEVEN TIMES the amount that was estimated. I called customer service and spoke to a representative, who tried to tell me that we did not return the car until January 15th, which is impossible since we returned to Portland, OR on the 13th. She then checked and saw that the car had been rented out to SOMEONE ELSE later on the 13th. She fixed that, but still tried to charge me more than seemed right...she was still charging me for 3 days of insurance coverage that I had "agreed to"! So after that she made a correction (which took some coaxing and explaining on how it was not reasonable for me to pay 3 days insurance) that brought the price down to $20 more than the estimated (which by the way, I'm still not sure why I owe that, I only drove the car from the airport to AT&T Stadium and back, and returned it with a completely full gas tank and no damage to the vehicle). This is not acceptable service and it is glaring incompetence. Maybe Hertz should spend less money on marketing and more on training your employees and quality assurance. Hertz will no longer be receiving any business from this frequent traveler and my family, and you shouldn't rent from them either. It's too bad that zero stars is not an option, because this one star review is an insult to any other review that deserves one star.

Ke
Jan 19, 2015

Comments

• Ci
      Feb 13, 2015

You received refunds. Good. We are in the middle of a dispute for cleaning to the car and are being treated very badly, rudely, insufficiently, terribly and all by customer service as they fight $75. We have made several phone calls to the "corporate" office and the branch and are getting a traditional run around, as well as being hung up on in the middle of our statement, promised a call back, and handled only by lowest level representatives. I agree with your last statements about Hertz. I am willing to tell anyone about my bad experiences. In fact, when I rent from another company, I want to be sure I don't get treated like this by them. So, I guess I need to tell details about my Hertz experience.

• Za
      Apr 18, 2015

I totally agree on the basis of my recent experience with Hertz when I was in Orlando. They overcharged me on everything. The even charged me for rescue service which was never provided. The manager on customer service was very rude and unhelpful.