Hertz / discrimination against handicapped person

1 Greenwood, SC, United States Review updated:

Date of Incident-12-26-17/Rental number-H33562970-Greenwood, SC, Description of Incident: Discrimination against a handicapped and older person
State Farm recommended Hertz car rental while damaged car was being repaired.
Many violations of discrimination, disrespect and common courtesy and customer service. Rude pick up driver, John, who sat in the rental car and listened to music, as I, a 70 year old handicapped lady with walking difficulty with a cane, and the car repair middle aged lady had to move 2 heavy suitcases from the damaged car to rental car; Additionally, driver drove too fast, did not park in or close to handicapped space at rental office, so I had to walk with great difficulty with cane over asphalt and dangerously wide drainage grate to get into the office. Once inside, Sissy/Sassy-she changed the pronunciation, LAUGHED when I told her that the driver would not help with my bags! Sissy/Sassy(?) would not allow me, a clean, proper and handicapped person, whom she said was from the "public" to use the restroom! I am not from the public, I am a PAYING CUSTOMER and I was in considerable discomfort. This office/person is totally unprofessional in her attitude and actions. I had to ask for a chair in order to be seated close enough to see and hear her over the very high counter and high stool she was seated behind and on. This 4"10" little old handicapped lady could not see over that counter. Then when we had completed the rental agreement and we went outside to get in the car, after I followed her instructions to push the button while my foot was on the brake, exactly as she had said, the car would not start! I then stated I HAD to go to the restroom. I then had to walk with a cane with great difficulty and go back over the dangerous grate and the asphalt to finally be allowed to use the restroom inside! She then blamed it on ME that the car would not start. At that point, I just wanted to get out of that rude and disrespectful place. I have never received such discriminatory, disappointing, disgraceful and disrespectful treatment in any customer service situation. I have tried FOUR times to report this incident to Hertz, and that is another customer service debacle that is another comedy of errors as bad as the first incident. I have a case identifier of [protected] that I received from April-#2111 identifier in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. She stated a supervisor would call me back within the hour and it is now 12-30-17 and I spoke to her on 12-28-17 AND I HAVE STILL NOT HEARD FROM ANYONE. I reported this incident to State Farm also. I do not want any free rental services or any other free service from Hertz. I will never recommend Hertz or use them again. A letter of apology is not sufficient for this level of disrespect and discriminatory behavior at the hands of your agent. To Hertz: Please respond at your earliest convenience.

Gg
Dec 30, 2017

Comments

• Po
      31st of Dec, 2017

You will need to contact Hertz directly as this website is not directly affiliated with them.