Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan / loud enough to not use it
I bought an Indoor/Outdoor rated Harbor Breeze, Key West, ceiling fan last in September 2006. This ceiling fan is over our spa, securely installed over a lattice patio cover (with Plexiglas over the top protecting the fan from water from the elements. We had some recent winds and several of the fan blades snapped off and cut my spa cover in several places. As well as 4 out of the 5 fan arms either bent, twisted and 1 even split 2/3 if the length down the arm.
I have searched and searched for replacement arms, decorative outdoor replacement blades; they apparently do not coexist. I have tried looking for a Harbor Breeze web site, nothing. I looked on Lowes web site and at several stores. I have given in up hope of finding the same finish as the fan I have (brushed/antique pewter), and have considered spray painting new arms, but there are no arms to fit decorative outdoor blades.
I am frustrated that I spent $180 on this fan and my only choice would be to buy a new one? Why by a new one when even though this fan is rated Indoor/Outdoor it held up very poorly. The blades shouldn't have snapped off, and the arms shouldn't have bent or split.
I need some help.
More Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan Complaints & Reviews
- Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - remote control stopped working! 
- Lowes - retaliation for calling corporate 
- Lowe's Advantage Extended Warranty - they will not pay service provider for approved warranty work 
- Lowes - false advertisement and lowes is cheating people out of there money 
- Lowes - nightmare w floor install 
- Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers - flooring installation
- Lowe's - appliances samsung dishwasher
- Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers - the customer service I received at lowe’s located on shillington road reading, pa.
- Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers - damaged goods
- Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers - kitchen countertop