Greyhound Linesbus delay cost me another airline fare

This is regarding a case that I have already opened with one of the greyhounds's customer service agents . The case # 271542 which is in the name of Ziad kablawi, bus itinerary #[protected] travelling from London, Ontario to Toronto Pearson airport .

Unfortunately, the bus couldn't make it on time. It was supposed to arrive at 12:30 pm, but was delayed 1 whole hour. I arrived at 1:30 pm to the airport . Upon arrival I was told that the baggage check- in has closed because of the bus's delay in arriving on time . I had to buy another ticket .The first ticket cost me $600. After begging the airline agent to give me a discount because the delay was not in my hands, she was kind enough to bring it down to $210.

Now as a frustrated customer, I was told by one of their agents that I should expect a bus ticket refund ( worth $50)and not an airline ticket refund because the bus arrival time is only a time frame . Does that make sense? I would understand a delay of 15-20 mts - not one whole hour . They want me to hold full responsibility for the airline fare charges .

I am writing to you with full expectations that I get a full airline ticket refund of $210. The reason i chose to ride with greyhound was to save on long-term parking charges otherwise I would have driven all the way with my car to Toronto.

Hoping to hear some good news from your side

Best regards,
Ziad kablawi

Ze
Sep 12, 2018

Comments

• Ph
      Sep 12, 2018

Delays happen all the time. It was your fault for buying a ticket that left you no time if something went wrong. Purchase a ticket with an earlier arrival next time.