Having problems with NJ Transit?

NJ Transit reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 9, 2008. The latest review Bus time was posted on Jun 16, 2021. The latest complaint bus does not allow passenger to board was resolved on Dec 30, 2014. NJ Transit has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 429 reviews. NJ Transit has resolved 38 complaints.

NJ Transit Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 847 7658 (Suspicious Activity Hotline)
+1 973 275 5555 (24 Hour Access)
+1 800 772 2287 (Hearing Impaired)
+1 609 645 5910 (Atlantic County Transportation)
+1 201 646 3227 (Bergen County Transportation)
+1 609 265 5109 (Burlington County Transportation)
+1 609 456 3344 (Camden Sen-Han Transit)
+1 609 889 3700 (Cape May Fare Free Transportation)
+1 609 691 7799 (Cumberland Area Transit System)
+1 973 618 1280 (Essex County Office on Aging)
+1 609 307 4850 (Gloucester Special Transportation)
+1 201 271 4307 (Hudson County)
+1 800 842 0531 (Hunterdon County, The Link)
+1 609 530 1971 (Mercer T.R.A.D.E)
+1 609 275 2929 (Princeton Area Only)
+1 800 221 3520 (Middlesex County Transportation, AWTS)
+1 732 431 6480 (Monmouth County SCAT)
+1 973 829 8103 (Morris County)
+1 732 736 8989 (Ocean County (Ocean Ride)
+1 877 929 2082 (Southern Ocean County Area)
+1 973 305 5758 (Passaic County Paratransit)
+1 973 881 0058 (Paterson)
+1 973 728 2863 (West Milford)
+1 973 365 5754 (Passaic)
+1 609 935 7510 (Salem County)
+1 908 231 7115 (Somerset County Transportation)
+1 973 579 0483 (Sussex County Transportation)
+1 908 241 8300 (Union County Transportation)
+1 908 454 4044 (Warren County Transportation)
One Penn Plaza East
Thu9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with NJ Transit Customer Service. Initial NJ Transit complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for NJ Transit above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about NJ Transit. Discuss the issues you have had with NJ Transit and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

NJ Transit Complaints & Reviews

NJ TransitBus time

On 6/16/21 at 9:30pm I usually take the 175 at River Rd and Anderson Ave in Hackensack NJ during the week. On several occasions the bus driver is habitually late. He always comes 10 minutes late which makes me late for work. Can someone please address this issue It happens all the time and it is getting worse. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

NJ TransitLate buses

Again I'm writing a complaint! This is terrible! I will be an hour late for work again because the 8:47am 94L bus going to the Linden train station was late again. The stop number is 29056. I don't know what the problem is with this bus but this unacceptable service. I will be contacting the president of nj transit maybe he/she can give me answers on why this bus is consistently late. Worse bus line ever! I have to leave my home 2 hours early just to get to work on time. SMH!

NJ Transit410 bus in the evening (5:35 pm)

I have been taking the 410 bus for 17 years to and from work. Its the only bus that goes to Mullica Hill. The afternoon bus at 5:35 from Mullica Hill is late often but lately it hasn't been showing up at all (2 or more days a week it doesn't show up) Its frustrating to be waiting for a bus after a long day at work and not have it show up. The next bus come till over two hours later. I call during my lunch break to see if its coming to try to get another way home if not coming. I'm told its coming and wait but it doesn't show up. After 5 pm can't call to talk to someone since you are closed when I call the decorate its coming so I wait and it doesn't show. I don't understand why you cancel this bus constantly when a driver doesn't show up. This is an important time and run since people are getting off from work to head home. Cancel a later time and run that has another bus they can take.

NJ Transitbus driver

hi dear .
        i am passenger always take bus from Bayonne to jersey city on 5/30/21 at 16:20 pm i was stoping on bus sign waiting for bus number 10 in kennedy Blvd and w 4 th st . after a while bus show up and park close to the store i thought he stop for me and black lady driver bus she told wait want to buy something from the store i Will comeback i wait her after she came from store she close bus door and left i was like what's going on . she left me in rain weather .

bus driver
        bus driver

NJ TransitRouge bus driver

In full MTA uniform boarded the 3;45 pm 175 buses, from George Washington bridge, I have been doing this, for 15 years/ bus number;7943, Saturday, May 8, 2021, and Saturday, May 1, 2021, after showing my pass was told, to get a ticket, also the lady in front of me; who while riding the bus, told me, and showed me, her MTA, pass too! And was very upset, I ride this bus to Hackensack, Anderson street 5~6 days a week and only on Saturday I get this rouge bus driver last two Saturday! No other bus driver ; i, ve encountered, does this? Not in the morning? Or afternoon? Please keep our NY/NJ transit system, healthy! PS I know you will want me to complain, every Saturday when this happens. Thank you

NJ Transit145 bus to Fair lawn

For the past week my bus the 145 new to fair lawn has been canceled. There is no other bus that takes me home and I've been using this bus for a two years. I bought a monthly pass and can't use it to get home. I need the 145 at 6:15 pm everyday. In fact it should even run on the week end. There was no warning or sign posted about this. I have other responsibilities after work and this is not allowing me to get home in time.

NJ TransitWell over 50% capacity on #88 bus from North Bergen to Jersey City

The driver of bus number 6201 on the 88 line (which I boarded at 88th Street in North Bergen and got off at 40th Street in Union City) let passengers board till there was only standing room only. I confronted him, I must admit, rather strongly to stop letting passengers on, and he yelled at me to get off the bus. I didn't. Photos of the bus number and a photo of the standing room only crowd are attached. Contact me at [protected]@yahoo.com or [protected] if need be.

Joseph Florio

Well over 50% capacity on #88 bus from North Bergen to Jersey City
              Well over 50% capacity on #88 bus from North Bergen to Jersey City

NJ TransitNo masks needed here / rude conductor

Two guys without masks sitting one seat on. I politely signal the conductor to request them to put on their masks after he checks their ticket without saying anything. He tells them. They don't react. Conductor wants to see my ticket now and move on. I request him again, then he can see my ticket. First flip out of conductor... I show my ticket and conductor moves on. (Guys without mask). I move seats to different level of the train away from the guys without masks. Tell conductor he might have removed them from the train. Second flipout (none of my business, I'm not the police, my nose in everyone's business etc etc.) I move on to different seat. Conductor tells me to return to my original seat next to maskless guys. Train from Penn to Trenton. 27 March, 18:15. Seriously guys?

No masks needed here / rude conductor

NJ TransitTrains always have issues never make on time

Nj transit is the worst ever. people are tying to get to work. The train is either sit still for close to 30 mins or the train has issues have to get drop nearest station then transfer to get to ny penn. we are paying close to 500 dollars a month this service is ridiculous. Just want to make to work on time. Nj transit need to address these issues and resolve whatever problems. This is ridiculous it's happening back to back ain't even once in a blue.

NJ TransitI’m hurt from door closing on me

I was getting on the 953 am train heading to secaucus junction as I walked through the door it closed on me crushing my arm and leg. It was not leaving immediately so it is not like the door was closing because we were pulling out. It literally just got there. Car number 6520. My shoulder arm neck and calf hurt. My neck especially. I was carrying a couple of bags and it threw me. I told the conductor who collected my ticket and he said I know.

I’m hurt from door closing on me

NJ TransitDisrespectful Driver

Hello, I take a NJ 119 but from journal square to try reaching the DMV on Bayonne JF kennedy Blvd, I tell the driver that I am not fimular with the location and to stop me off at the DMV and I then handed my ticket, at the time the weather was freezing cold and he stop me off at 27 street and tell me to walk back and I then ask him to give me back my ticket back and he refused, he is very disrespectful and have no consideration for anyone, the bus number is 6044 and the time was about 10:30 am on 02/12/2021, can you please give me my fair back

[protected]@yahoo.com
                      [protected]

Feb 12, 2021

NJ Transit — Bus driver

Bus 5642 at 1215pm 021221 the 59 to newark bus route the rudest bus driver, he held up the bus to qsk each...

NJ TransitBordentown lightrail train station stop

not so much a complaint as to let someone know. the stop at end of Farnsworth av. the bordentown lightr rail... BOTH ticket dispensers would not work tried them both at least twice. could not get either to take cash. so was unable to get the two tickets and the train arrived while i still was trying to put singles in. definitely need someone to go reset them I'll be very upset if transit police check and i have the money but could not purchase the tickets, thank you.

NJ Transit7:04 PM train to NYC

My question for this writing is what happened to the 7:04 PM train as it never showed up at the Long Branch station? I drove my friend home to Red Bank and when I passed that station I noticed people still waiting on that platform.
                          There were no PA announcements as I was parked in front of the station nor were there any alerts posted as I checked the NJ Transit web site at 6:30 PM and there was nothing posted for this train.
                          Please do not bother with a reply as I was a daily commuter on the NJCL line for over12 years and have memories of horror stories that took place during that period. The only saving grace was that for the last few years I commuted was able to purchase senior tickets. I felt badly for those paying full fare as my understanding is that fares have doubled yet the service remains unstable.
                          The executives on your organization should donate their salaries to charity as I see nothing has improved except for different people making idle promises about things improving.

NJ Transit Busno. 87 bus (hudson county)

To whom it may concern,
                            There is no social distancing on the no. 87 line bus in Jersey City. Every evening when I have to commute home from work, the buses as packed. Yesterday on 11/20/2020 there was an incident on the bus where the cops had to get involved due to no social distancing. Please keep in mind this is a risk to the health and safety of those that rely on public transportation for their daily commute.

NJ TransitDisability boarding

I would appreciate it if the trains that arrive in Annandale Raritan Valley Line assist commuters getting on train with a step ladder.

I am unable to climb on to the train as the steps are too high.
                              Some sort of a step ladder would assist commuters to get on the train.
                              I usually get the 5:55am train from Annandale and other commuters also need assistance boarding the train.

NJ TransitPascack valley emerson train station

Not only do the train conductors blast the horn as loud as it does during the daytime hours, they are blaring the horn at 5:30 am. Now we are dealing with the continuous speaker recording over and over. Here is the list of times this speaker is blaring (8:15pm, 8:36pm, 8:47pm, 9:39pm, 9:50pm, 10:01pm, 10:11pm). I have contacted them before on the blaring of the train horn. Last year the horn was blown quietly, but within the last month the loudness of the horn is unbearable and now we are dealing with this recording. We have our windows shut and we still can hear it.

Please do something about the noise. There has to be a time where the sounds need to be quieted down a lot

Jul 07, 2020

NJ Transit — Train

Several different times ive been verbally abused by 2 different conductors. Today was a womon conductor that...

NJ TransitBus operator line 190 paterson

Hi,

As the orient way bridge is closed since 03/06/2020, the Paterson Bus line 190 is turning right from rte 3 w to rutherford ave and passing through polito avenue, orient way and then turning right to ridge road over ridge road bridge and they stop on the corner of orient way and rutherford ave where there is a seven eleven on the left side. Tonight, 03/10/2020 the bus 190 from PA departure 12.30 followed the rte 3w to ridge road and did not turn to the above mentioned road, when the operator ( forgot to take his badge no ) was told that this is wrong he rudely responded " this is the shortest way for you and me ", altough some other passengers who planned to step out on Rutherford asked him to stop and to step out, he continued to drive until he finished the D-tour to Orient way . This is ridiculous how he behaved. I kindly ask you follow up and to respond.

Sincerely Yours
                                  Tayfun Eralp
                                  E-mail [protected]@yahoo.com

NJ Transitunethical behavior

Every morning at Old Bridge Park and Ride I walk by a NJT truck (I believe it is the ones that come when a bus breaks down Photo Below) and its engine is running (idling) and the worker is asleep in the cab. There are many things wrong here. He is polluting the environment, wasting energy and money and sleeping on the job. This has been going on for a VERY long time and I feel bad that it took me this long to complain.

unethical behavior