Complaints & Reviews

False departure time given

This has been the 4th time im waiting for a bus here in sedgefield. And every time it arrives 45min to an hour late. This is ridiculous and bad customer service given. If im late the driver won't wait an hour or more, or even contact me to ask when will i be at the bus stop. Intercape this is very poor service given from your side

bag of rice stolen by bus driver - victor (lilongwe to - jhb route)

Bad service by Intercape My employee left Malawi on the Lilongwe bus on 7 Feb 2020 arrived in Johannesburg...

service

I am very disappointed on how the intercape company operates. It is inconsiderate and unrealistic. I am disappointed on how they handle customers who are late even by a minute. This policy of 100% cancellation fee when you are late is unrealistic considering the fact that other people depend on public transport which at times gets delayed due to unforeseen circumstances. I got to my departure point 5 minutes late because of public transport issues which if were not faced I'd be an hour early. The company can't even at least charge penalty fees for late arrival. I thought this was the best bus company till today.

service, bus delayed, bribery

The bus delayed with 2 hours after we lived johannesburg because there was some fault... we had to stay on a...

poor poor service and their bus

Yesterday I booked a ticket from Queenstown to Johannesburg, I was told to be there at 19:30 as the bus was leaving at 20:00 (02/01/2020) indeed I was there but the bus only arrived at 20:00 and we left the Sasol Garage at 20:30, there worse part of them all we got stuck after we left Queenstown and i think we were heading to King Williams town. we were stuck for 5 hours with no communication and the only thing we were told is they are trying to find a mechanic that comes from East London to fix the bus and indeed the Mechanic came but could not fix the bus and he left and after waiting for so long the other bus arrived and to my surprise the bus had no windows they were replaced by board and mind you I was sitting by the window and i was freezing.
As i am writing this complaint, I'm still on my way to Johannesburg with the bus that was supposed to be in Johannesburg at 07:00 this morning and I was supposed to be at work this time. Intercape really don't care about customers but they only care about their pockets because if intercape was servicing their buses every time the about to take a new journey this could have been avoided and it's our lives for goodness sake.
Pissed beyond.

poor poor service and their bus

unethical behaviour

POOR SERVICE - My daughter was sick so she and her mother could not make it to the bus that day as they were in casualty for treatment after requesting medical proof Intercape still did not refund or transfer the ticket because the ticket is on the mother's name and not on my 1-year-old daughter's name. You be the judge. Pathetic service and such desperation for money for a supposedly Christiaan company. Not to mention the consultants are rude and zero customer service. Windhoek office robbed me my hard-earned cash for something out of my control, No compassion.🙁

intercape sleepliner

I am very disappointed in Intercape.
We booked tickets for my sister and her kids to come visit us.
First of all the air-con didn't work nor do the plugs for to charge the phones.
They fixed the air con but now it doesn't work again.
There is pee all over the toilet floors you cannot expect n women nor children to use toilets like that. The employees the one driver is so rude my sister kids had to eat and they just said the places is closed they going to keep on driving. They don't stop for anyone to use a clean toilet or get water or food. When the air con did work the water was running out on one of the seats.
It's pathetic i would say i will never recommend anyone to use this bus service i am really disappointed!!

customer services and negligence

I have never been so uncomfortable at a bus for all 28years of my life, this is the first ime I have faced...

intercape sleepliner bus service

Seems like here comes another compliant that won't be resolved, and I'm sure I'm complaining about things that were complaint about, two years ago, as well ...
I have also been a happy and always supportive client of Intercape, until today, and no more ...
The toilet is either broken or so dirty that, the bus driver stops next to the road, and hands special clients a roll of toilet paper, . I am saying special clients, because when I, and many, also wanted to urinate, I was denied . . .
The 15 min refreshment stops are at the drivers discretion, if you're a young lady, you can have up to a half hour at a refreshment stop, otherwise, just shut up and sit down, I was told, so yes, another rude driver, a rotten potato, influencing a friendly co-employee of Intercape . . .

This will be my last trip making use of Intercape, no more, [censored] you all

bus drivers

I've been taking intercape bus between PE and Durban for more than a dozen times this year. The drivers have such a terrible service. Very rude to passengers. Spend whole night talking bad about passengers.
Last night one driver was busy hitting on the young woman sitting in front. He's asking to suck their breast.
On the previous trip they denied us 2 of the refreshment stops: Mthatha & EL. When asked by passagers to stop at regular refreshment stop, they replied "sisebenza ngeskhathi la. Akukho muntu ozakwehla". Translated "we work with time here. Nobody is getting off". This morning they are playing loud Kwayto music on top of the loud TV volume. One driver just threw an empty packet of sweets on the passage without even thinking about it.
I don't even want to mention the depressing and gloomy movies they play, with crying people and drowning boys. It makes you feel so depressed after 11hours on road.
The seating arrangement is chaos. On top of that the bus is late.

bus drivers

Good day.. On thursday the 31st of October 2019 me and my family was on route from Springbok to Cape Town. At 21h35 as we were on the N7 almost in Citrusdal an Intercape bus saw me approaching and decided to turn in infront of me to the Caltex Garage i had to brake and swirf to the other side of the road in the oncoming vechile lane should there have been vechiles me and m family would have been in an accident.

very unreliable and don't care about passengers

The driver got us lost. Wasted 3.5 hrs on the wrong route. Got me home at 2am in the morning. They dont give...

unmet transaction

I initially had booked my ticket for wednesday the 11th of september for an appointment on the 13th in harare...

bus is never on time

My son has been using your bus services for the last year between Pietermaritzburg and Heidelburg Gau and I am yet to have your bus arrive and depart as per your scheduled times times...always more than an hour late. It is very frustrating to sit and wait for over an hour for your bosses. Its 20 September ...bus was to arrive in Heidelburg at 15:30 as per YOUR schedule...it is now 16:40 and I am still waiting for the bus to arrive. Jack up your service ... arrive and depart on time...

travelling service

I've been traveling with Intercape busses for a long time but I've never get a very bad service like the one I've experienced yesterday. Firstly we were given tourist bus even the drivers said that the bus is used for tourists to go around, seats were uncomfortable with no charging portals. Couldn't read my book because passenger light were not working, air conditioner was not working and the weather was 30 degrees celsius. The bus departed at 18:00 pm from Cape Town to King Williams Town, scheduled time was 10:00 am and it arrived at 11:15 because we spent 2hours in Grahamstown without explanation, there was no communication why we had to stay in Grahamstown for such a long time and I've missed my 10:45 appointment in King Williams Town. Intercape poor communication costed me a lot. Intercape doesn't care about customers.

poor service on board

I'm disappointed in your service really-in respect of the bus that departed BFN at 18h45 to DBN. Since we got in this bus the air conditioners have not been working as a result it is too hot in here, the lights on board do not work. The charge units on chairs are also not working. This is really terrible. It is really unacceptable to expect people to travel for such long hours in this kind of heat. Is even worse if we are not allowed to refresh from time to time.

bad service

Intercape bus:

I totally understand that delays can be expected at any time during travels. The only things that frustrated me with the InterCape bus, is the fact that we had to wait 4 hours before the bus eventually arrived. The sms that was sent out, only spoke about 2 and a half hours behind schedule. Why did we have to wait 4 hours then for the bus to arrive?
This is unacceptable, due to the fact that people were given a time that the bus is going to leave and an arrival time. It's fine if the time isn't 100% accurate, many things can happen... But for a bus that leaves at 7 in the morning to arrive early afternoon at our destination, our ENTIRE Saturday were wasted due to the bus being 4hours late.
No plans were able to occur anymore, because time wasn't in our favour and many things were arranged for the Saturday.

I would also like to request that the toilet in the bus must be cleaned out very often, as it is extremely unhygienic and people could become sick from the toilet not being cleaned out, as germs can be picked up from using the toilet. The smell from the toilet also travels through the bus, and it is an unpleasant smell to smell during time of travel. Perhaps clean it out during all the refreshment stops.

I am very disgusted in the InterCape bus service, and I highly doubt that I will make use of this service again. I wanted to travel by bus, to cut expenses on fuel, but I will rather spend money on fuel and save time.
I understand time delays do not happen very often, but 4hours has been quite a waiting time and patience were tested.

terrible communication

I was set to take the bus to Middleburg at 05:55 on the 30/08/2019, the instructions stated to be ready at...

incompetence/ lack of professionalism/bad customer service/ daylight robbery

I am highly disappointed with what happened to my sister on Tuesday 14/08/19 and l will not recommend your bus to anyone on this earth. You are the worst bus company l've ever used all my life.

I booked a bus for my sister from Harare to East London. She was supposed to get to Pretoria at about 1230 midday and board the EL bus at 1730hrs but you people got to Pretoria at 6pm and the bus had left, you do not communicate and instead of telling the truth the drivers and conductors lie to the customers. When she got to Joburg to be on the 630pm bus it had left because it was just after 1830hrs... the following day she went to park station so that she can be on the bus to EL, she already had a ticket and you people had the audacity to ask her for a R100 topup. Was it her fault that she missed the bus? Your drivers took forever on the road and instead of them communicating with the connecting bus driver they did not and to ask my sister to pay a top up when it's your staff's fault that she missed the bus THAT IS THEFT. I've always used other bus companies and their service is way better than yours and l will make sure everyone sees this.

rude customer assistants

On Sunday the 11th of August 2019. I witnessed a very bad incident between an Intercape customer assiatant at Johannesburg around 13:30 at gate number 8. The assiatant qas very rude to the client qhen she asked about checking in her backback as hand lugguage. The response she received was uncalled for. Further leading the client to anger an exchange of words. Later I could hear the intercape staff member shouting "[censored] you" rubbish, nonsense at the customer. Who in return responded with more vulgar and anger towards the assiatant. The incident went on for a good 5minutes with no-one trying to intervene. At the point of exiting the gate the client was steaming with anger ended up pushing the assistant as he was on her way. I was quite shocked that the intercape staffstaff member was so rude and unprofessional right in front of everyone. The lady wanted to clap the guy as he just continued swearing at her as if she did something terrible just by merely asking. I am very disappointed in Intercape and will never use their bus services. My brother couldn't believe it either that Intercape employs such unprofessional people and expect them to deal with clients daily. I am taking this further to the Ombudsman I have the entire event on video. It is very unacceptable for clients to be handled in such a manner.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices