Having problems with MegaBus?

MegaBus reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 4, 2008. The latest review Good morning was posted on Sep 10, 2021. The latest complaint refund was resolved on Jul 27, 2020. MegaBus has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 328 reviews. MegaBus has resolved 17 complaints.

MegaBus Customer Service Contacts

+44 141 352 4444 (United Kingdom)
+1 908 282 7420 (United States)
Buchanan Bus Station, Killermont
Glasgow, Scotland, Strathclyde
United Kingdom - G23NW

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with MegaBus Customer Service. Initial MegaBus complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for MegaBus above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about MegaBus. Discuss the issues you have had with MegaBus and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

MegaBus Complaints & Reviews

MegabusGood morning

I was booked on the eight o'clock bus, reg# [protected]-CM21R-0800New-RIC, on September 3rd 2021. it left out of New York 34th street twenty eight minutes late in to Washington, D.C. Union Station. This caused me to miss the connecting bus into Richmond V.A. I wasn't told by staff right away, when I was placed on the line where that bus was to take me, that it had already departed; until I had been on that line, at lest twenty plus minutes. I then asked another Mega Bus employee about what time the bus would arrive. I was then directed to speak to the person in the booth on that platform, when I ws told of the situation, that the bus had already left on time and the next one wont be here until the next day. It was recommended to go to Amtrak. I was able to get a ticket (RES# 6FE5E2-03SEP21)for the three O'clock train into Richmond-Stap Ml, VA. This was the only time, that I was ever not satisfied with Mega Bus service.

Respond

MegabusUnethical behaviors / discrimination against disabled person

Your employee Marcelle in customer service that's from the West Indies should be fired. He asked me for my personal medical documentation just to switch my bus ticket. That's against the law in my state and I believe federally in the USA. When asked to speak with his supervisor or manager when I was disappointed and dishearten by the lackluster service I was receiving he lied and said no manager was available. Ever time I hung up he kept picking up my call then when I called on a different mobile number and spoke with Mark to file a official complaint I was put on hold again to only be put on the phone with Marcelle for a 6th time and this time he pretended to be a supervisor. Your customer service reps Marcelle and Mark have no respect for the customer. I'm never spending another dollar with Megabus! I'm so disappointed with this interaction I'll use greyhound instead from this day forth. I was treated less than a human should ever be treated. Especially someone who uses your service so frequently. There was absolutely NO care for the customer, at all! Please keep in mind and I am legally disabled & I stated that to Mark. I have a health issue that is preventing me to use my ticket, not covid. All I wanted to do was switch my ticket out I was willing to paid for the fee and all. I pray my health doesn't worsen from all this stress and inconvenience those men are making my day worse not better.

Unethical behaviors / discrimination against disabled person

Megabuscustomer service

This is the first time I ever take the time to write a complaint for any company, but the level of poor customer service I received today was beyond terrible. Megabus is the only company I know of where it is acceptable for employees to hang up on customers, and that is unacceptable.

I have been hung up on 3 times by several agents who DENIED me the ability to speak with a manager, and one of the agents that hung up on me said they were a supervisor... I tried to make a reservation online, twice, using my credit card, and both times I got an error msg stating that the payment was not successful, yet noticed some extra charges on my account. I first contacted my bank thinking they may have charged me transaction fees, but not only did they confirm that I initially had enough money in my account to complete both transactions, but that these transactions were rejected by megabus, and that the additional charges are from them as well.

I called up their customer service and explained the situation to an agent who said they will transfer me to the correct department and that he would explain to them what is going on. But that agent just put me back in the queue for me to land on another agent who had no clue what was going on, as I was just cold transferred to them. I had to re-explain everything to him and then he transferred me to Shevel (employee ID: 5188379), who is by far the RUDEST agent I ever spoke with(in ANY company!), only to be hung up on after requesting to speak to her manager. I called back and directly asked to speak to a manager but got a supervisor that just hung up on me when I started re-explaining the situation. I called back AGAIN, then the agent I got said they would transfer me to their supervisor but the person they transferred me to said they were not a supervisor and DENIED me the ability to speak with a manager/supervisor and then hung up on me again. I called for ANOTHER time and reached someone who transferred me to a supervisor named Lea (employee ID: 5183710) who told me that my transactions were rejected by their system and did not offer any explanation of why that was the case. Considering I have taken megabus a dozen of times using the same credit card, I don't understand why suddenly there would be a problem that cannot be explained, or it's possibly the agent making it up? I find it curious that it took 7 interactions to get somewhat of an answer, which still does not account for the extra charges on my account.

Megabus' customer service is horrible! Their agents are clearly not willing to help and are definitely not credible.

Dec 14, 2020

Megabus — Second bus driver on sept 2nd 3:05 pm stop over at kingston on from toronto bus station

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE experience!!!September 2, 2020 3:05 PM at Kingston bus station from Toronto. Via Rail wa...

MegabusMissed connecting coach because of Megabus delay

I was on a megabus coach from Bristol to London Victoria and due to traffic, there was a 40 min delay. We were meant to arrive at 9:30am but only arrived at 10:06am. Because of this, I had missed a connecting Flixbus coach from London to Rotterdam amounting to £60 and had to rebook another trip 8hours later; leaving me stranded and costing me an extra £69.99.

I would like to be compensated for having to purchase a new ticket due to the delay of megabus.

Missed connecting coach because of Megabus delay

Megabusrefund

megabus canceled my return trip twice. I had to get a flight home. My ticket reservationjuly 26, [protected]-M85-0900-tam-for. megabus will only refund $34.99 not the $7.00 booking fare not fair $41.99 went on my visa card.Mega bus canceled me, I did not cancel them thank you [protected]@gmail.com If I do not get a reply from you within 7 days I will file a report with my chase visa card.

RESOLVED

• MegaBus's response · Aug 05, 2020

Hello,
              We are sorry to hear about this.
              Please send an email to [email protected] and include your reservation #/ email address, so we can look into your account.
              Thank you for choosing megbus.
              Sincerely,
              Nashia
              Megbaus Team

Feb 27, 2020

Mega bus at Las Vegas Bus Station — Missing Tickets upon arrival for departure

Im an avide traveler on Mega Bus and this is unusual that it would happen 3x in a row. I had purchased on 3...

Mega Busunsafe pick up location

I'm forwarding this to try to get help for Passengers that are being pick up the new location for boarding this bus was picking up and departing at Dutch Square Mall which was safe for boarding now the bus have a new pick up for boarding Which its very Dark and not enough light you wait under a shed i guess and the road is dark picking up at 3:00 am in the morning i myself after getting out the cab had to stand there no one around and houses no where you can call for help .Please i pray that Mega Bus change this back to Dutch square Mall for pick up this is not only not safe for a Women but any one before some one get hurt at that site.

Dec 22, 2019

Megabus — rude customer service

Hello, I was suppose to be on the bus under the Megabus operation on the 12/22/2019, at 10:00am. My partner...

Megabuscustomer service

I purchased a one-way Mega Bus ticket on November 02, 2019 online, for passage to Atlanta GA. from Orlando FL for November 27, 2019 departure. I visited the Mega Bus facility in Orlando, Florida on November 8, 2019 and was appalled at visual poor condition of their ticket validation facility and Bus Depot location. This location lacks poor passenger safety
              and security and no parking arrangements for personal vehicles arrivals to the facility.

On November 8, 2019, I had to call an 800 number to request a refund, at which time, Mega Bus customer service refused to refund my ticket purchase. I believe I am due a refund due to a 19 day advance notice.

Megabusmegabus incompetence - ticket refund

To whom it may concern,
                At this exact time (9:10pm) I should be arriving in NYC, instead I still have another two hours of travel. The bus driver has been lost driving around aimlessly for the past 1 plus hour, this is unacceptable!!

How is a Bus or its Driver not equipped with a GPS system to assist them navigate? Furthermore, how is this driver not proficient at their job?

I demand my money back, this has been an atrocious experience!

Frustratingly,
                Vincent Nunez

Megabusseat

My boyfriend and I booked two bus tickets from DC to NYC at 4pm. Few minutes before the bus departed people who had reserved the seats we took arrived and we had to change places but there we literally no free seats in the bus (we were willing to separate) so the driver RUDELY told us to take the seats just behind him which are SUPER TIGHT and if we weren't happy with it we could leave. My boyfriends' legs would not even fit. We had bought our tickets like everybody else in the bus and it is NOT acceptable to sit in an INCREDIBLY tight seat for 5h30min AND be talked to in a condescending tone.

seat

Respond

Megabusabout a driver being very nasty and racist

I'm traveling to Leeds Thursday 31st October 2019 the mega bus arrived early to Sheffield so the driver said we are 35 min early if any one wants to get of for a bit the time was 2:55 so I got of to get my little boy some cookies to take home as subway do them 12 for £4 and I purchased a drink too as I was getting back on the coach the driver shouted at me saying no food and drink on the coach I told him they are cookies in the packet and I brought them to take home i
                    I had to show him the contents of the bag he replied well that's the rules no food or drink I said ok. And continued on the coach then I see people getting back on with sandwiches hot drinks hot food plus people were eating upstairs so I went back down to him and told him people are eating on the coach and getting on with food you have said nothing to them he replied in a nasty voice I cannot monitor 50 odd people so don't be so cheeky. How dare he he already shouted at me in front of passengers then tells me im been cheeky well he is racist as I was the only black muslim on the coach he decided to single me out which is very unfair plus im sure if I had argued back I believe I would of been thrown of the coach so I will be taking this further. It may seem like nothing to some but it makes you wander how people r so nasty with out a care for people's feelings of been getting mega bus for years and only new that no HOT food or drinks was allowed.
                    M34 FROM BIRMINGHAM TO LEEDS, , , 10 past 1

about a driver being very nasty and racist

Oct 25, 2019

Megabus — complaint

Hello, Reservation Numbers [protected]-M7R-2230-MEM-DGP- $15.00 [protected]-M7R-0915-MEM-DGP-...

Megabusneed ticket refunded

I been waiting for the bus for more than 12hrs now to arrive and never show up. This is ridiculous, i got here to the bus stop at 11:30am bus should be arriving at 12:05 and is already 6:15am next day and nobody knows where the freaking bus is. I been calling customer service and they dont know what happen with the bus. This is stolen money from people that really have an emergency an d needs to travel. Is not fair for customers that trust on this company and they dont care and they can not even refund your money back. I should get my money back for being waiting all day and night for the bus. Customer service only said the bus should get there but they dont even know what time. This company just steal money from people.

Megabusmegabus

I had booked a ticket from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh. When I arrived at the location, I walked right up to the driver with my ticket. the bus driver had told me to stand in line with the other people. He was African-American man about 5'-9"/5'-11" wearing a black fitted hat. The digital screen on the bus was unreadable. He ended up driving off before I noticed. I asked the people in line where they were going. They had said New York. Being the bus driver I thought he knew what he was talking about. He told me to stand in the wrong line before I could say anything indicating to me that his bus had all its passengers and was not taking anymore. I never took the trip I payed for and had to pay 45$ extra to take a greyhound. This trip was 19 hours that should have been about 7. I would like this resolved and would like to know how to do so. Thanks

Megabusticket refund

To whom is it may concern:
                          I Leslie C Boomer purchused two tickets from Mobile Al to Alanta Ga. Ticket #[protected]-M94R-0050-mob-atl
                          Departure time-12:50 am Sun Sep 29, 2019 00:50
                          Arrival time- 08:05am Arrrived in Alanta Ga
                          From Alanta Ga to Fayetteville NC. Ticket # [protected]-M97R-1000-atl-fay
                          Departure time -10:00 am
                          Arrival time-5:45pm
                          TICKET COST -$76:50
                          My complaint is that bus driver looked at my ticket and told me I should have left saturday night. "Ma'am today is sunday" i informed him i had just purchused this ticket, he asked me to step aside. I was under the impression he was going to assist me. The Bus was scheduled to arrive at 12:50 the bus didnt show up until 1:25. So the driver was rushing, so when he aasked me to step aside i was waiting for him to explain why my ticket wasnt vaild. instead he drove offi had to wait the next day to purchuse another ticket so i would like someone to contact me for a refund.
                          house [protected]
                          main- [protected]
                          [protected]@gmail.com

Windstar/Megabusreservation seating

Driver. Refused to resolve matter,
                            I purchased reserved seat (1) I paid 10.00
                            The person in the seat claimed she paid 10 dollers for seat (4) driver claimed that seat one was directly behind him I showed him web site seating chart he refused to acknowledge it and refused to check her ticket. Also told me that there was plenty of open seating and wouldn't I prefer to sit in a seat by myself. Driver claimed his name was don
                            She was very loud and disrespectful so I had to move to an available seat near the toilet. Will I be compensated or should seek my own justification?
                            Thank you for your attention in this matter.

reservation seating

Megabusdelay

I am travelling by the 6am megabus today, from Philadelphia to New York. There was a one hour delay in the time of departure and in fact the 5:20am bus left at 6:15am, while we were waiting in line assuming it was ours.
                              I'm travelling to attend an hour long talk from 9-10am. It is already 9:25 and I am not going to reach the arrival stop in less than 30 minutes from now.
                              This trip is a complete waste for my time as well as money. I am extreme disappointed and insist that I am compensated in some way.

Respond

Megabuswhole row of seats shifted during transport

Reservation # [protected]-m72r-1230- aus-dal..driver forced to make sudden stop due to traffic conditions...causing entire row of seats 80/81 to shift forward..im 6'4"and this is not a legal way to transport passengers... customer service expressed this was the only method of resolving this issue..A transport buisness as big as Megabus surely has a more effecient method of dealing with customer concerns or complaints