Having problems with Greyhound Lines?

1800 231 2222 (United States)
+1 214 849 8100 (International)
+1 800 531 5332 (Spanish Language)
+1 844 477 8747 (Groups Of 10 Or More)
+1 214 849 8966 (Refunds)
+1 214 849 6246 (Lost & Damaged Baggage)
+1 800 723 3287 (Report Unsafe Driving)
+1 800 752 4841 (Assistance For Customers With Disabilities)
+1 800 345 3109 (TTY & TTD)
+1 877 943 3530 (Road Rewards)
+1 800 268 9000 (Website & App Support)
+1 800 739 5020 (Bus Charters & Packages Express)
+1 800 440 7712 (Commercial Sales)
P.O. Box 660691, MS 470
Sat24h
Sun24h
Mexico Office
Juan Aldama Sur 924, Col. Centro, Monterrey N.L. Mexico

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Greyhound Lines.

Complaints & Reviews

May 11, 2020

Greyhound Lines — Terrible company

I went to Greyhound on Tallahassee in order to postpone my trip by one week due to Corona virus outbreak...

Greyhound LinesError in online ticket cost me $52.90.

Website error scheduled a trip out of Erie, Pa. to New York City.

I immediately contacted the bus company customer service department and stated that intended to for the trip to originate in Pittsburgh, PA.

Was informed that there was nothing they could do about it the money can not be refunded and that I need to purchase a new ticket out of Pittsburgh and pay the full fair from that destination.

I do not know how Erie, Pa. popped up after I made the purchase.

Mar 15, 2020

Greyhound Bus Station — I am complaining about a rude and condescending bus driver and or ticket taker

J have a 3 year old daughter who is autistic and special needs. I needed help with my bags and getting her on...

Greyhound LinesService

On February or about February 13, 2020, I purchased a ticket online for the 11:20 a.m. bus - to travel from Wilmington, DE to New York, New York. The bus was to get my companion and I in New York at 2:15 p.m. However, the bus was approximately 45 minutes late, which made us late for the show we were attending. The main complaint is I paid $44.45 for an Economy Extra ticket to be one of the first to board my seat. Well, when the bus finally arrived, the driver did not even acknowledge the Economy Extra ticket! Therefore the extra money I paid didn't matter, and I would like the difference of the Economy and Economy Extra refunded to me.

Marjorie Pulliam

Service

Feb 24, 2020

Greyhound Lines — Bathrooms doors

Okay so I was using the bathroom and made sure I had locked the door after stepping in to the bathroom on the...

Greyhound LinesGreyhound bus

I am the purchaser of a ticket for someone else using paynearme. There is no caution or warning that should you choose this option you will not have any access to tickets, ticket information or itinerary. I would have paid off your website. The original ticket was in my name and I called greyhound and they cancelled that one, creating a new one in my friends name. He said he was emailing me the ticket and itinerary but did not. Now all I have is a receipt and this is supposed to be acceptable. Not so, why are these tickets not available on your site like the others since it is a confirmed paid ticket. I feel like going a crusade warning others not to ride Greyhound. I have spoken to two people this evening who said they could not email the information that should be readily available for a PAID ticket. I guess Greyhound has joined the ranks of all the other companies in the US that don't care about the customer. My name is Cheryl Armitage [protected] [protected]@yahoo.com. Ticket confirmation # [protected]

Jan 03, 2020

Greyhound Lines — bus service

I bought two round trip tickets direct from anaheim to las vegas, without a stop over to los angeles, which...

Dec 28, 2019

Greyhound Lines — greyhound bus reservations

Monday 23 December 2019 I went to book a reservation. It was a horrible experience that occupied what seemed...

Greyhound Linesno refund and paid double

Made a booking on 26 September and made double payments. One through my bank and one through Mobicred. Up to today I did not receive any credit. No answer from anyone.

I have send emails to both parties and the one blames the other one for refund. I pay interest for the past three months for money I did not get anything for.

Greyhound do not assist in any way. I also went to hello Peter with no feedback.

Nov 24, 2019

Greyhound Lines — incorrect information about a change of date resulting in money being kept by company

I purchased a ticket online and was told by a LIVE person I could change the date of my ticket for a fee...

Greyhound Linesbuying a ticket

I booked a ticket for my daughter to come home for Thanksgiving. I put her name in under the ticket and when I went to purchase the ticket it switched to my name once the card info was entered. I noticed it once I got the email about the ticket. I immediately contacted Greyhound about the issue and the response I got was sorry buy another ticket...for two weeks straight. Then when I finally got ahold of someone and was transferred through 4 people they offered me a voucher good for a year after I bought a more expense ticket. I couldn't use the voucher on that ticket as it hadn't processed yet. They were rude and kept insisting it was my issue and I could just by another ticket. Customer service also hung up on. Great way to take care of your customers.

• Updated by pjlsummers · Nov 14, 2019

• Ti
              Tim Ho Dec 28, 2019

The process of purchasing a ticket was miserable here too. Eventually I had a phone line listening to the music, the on line "chat" on forever wait, and on it went. It was all about attempting to purchase a one way ticket on line. Every time it claimed to recognize 'one way' and I went to 'buy ticket' it defaulted to two way. And that does not mention the price of the fare seemed to increase by $40 during the time of trying to buy the ticket and actually getting a ONE WAY ticket. The rides were better than decent. Trying to catch a transfer at Atlanta about midnight an 'experience' as their digital board listed "all" coaches except the one I needed to catch! All in all a good deal if they would kick their computers with a ball pein hammer.

Nov 13, 2019

Greyhound Lines-New York, NY — troy bellamy-bus driver

Good day! My name is Kira Bell. On November 09, 2019 the bus driver assaulted(practically threw it in my...

Greyhound Linesgreyhound bus trip: pretoria to cape town (south africa)

Citiliner service cjbc1502 is experiencing a technical service interruption before kroonstad.

My understanding is that maintenance checks with mechanics are done before every greyhound bus departure, so

1) why have we broken down and what happens if the mechanic fails to fix the issue?

2) should a mechanic not have assessed the technical problem before our departure?

3) how long are we going to have to wait for another bus to get us should this one be stuck?

Greyhound Linescustomer service

My son who is 21 he rides the bus and uses Greyhound frequently. Almost every time that he has traveled with Greyhound there has been some sort of klusterfuk. I realize that every business has moments that are less than desirable. However it's how you handle those times that really make a difference. Greyhound customer service are completely stupid they know nothing they can't help you with anything they want direct you to a supervisor and I will give you the same answer even though you keep telling them that it didn't work the first time not only that they can't speak English

Greyhound Linestransportation

I was on a Greyhound bus from Fort Myers to Fort Lauderdale on Tuesday November 5. I had a flight to Georgia from Fort Lauderdale at 6. The bus was supposed to drop me off at 3:55.

I missed my flight because the stopped on its way more than 2 hours because of mechanical problems. When i got to the airport at 7:40 i paid around 100 dollars to be accepted on the next flight.

The company doesn't even write me to let me know what compensation i will have. I'm frustrated.

Greyhound Linesthe entire process

Miami to Knoxville Grayhound May 21, 2019. Case 810001. First the conditions of the environment and other guests is very difficult to face in this trip. Not to mention the workers attending to and adding to the situation. My bag was stolen right off the street in plain view in Atlanta and everyone watched. But that was the least of concern while gunshots and police were already attending, freaking ridiculous.

Its almost 6 months later now and not a single conclusion. And they keep telling me the same thing. Its been escalated. The reaction to this whole incident is so "What do you expect" look around you, Its sick.

Get you [censored] together Grayhound. Your running a third world business.

Greyhound Linesgreyhound operations in general

There will never be resolution until the CEO of this company is made to answer for the psychological and physical crimes committed on the unsuspecting public! You can find out his name and address issues to corporate under his name. He is sitting like a fat cat uncaring about the abuses this company unleashes on their customers who spend money that pays for his wealthy lifestyle and in a lesser manner the rest of his employees. It is run like a mega plantation style atmosphere..or a banana republic.

Greyhound Linespriority boarding denied

Complaint Description:
                      Greyhound refused to honor priority boarding which resulted in my not being able to board a scheduled bus for which I was ticketed. I purchased a priority boarding ticket from Greyhound from Chicago to Groton Ct. Their policies clearly state that YOU ARE Guaranteed a seat on a bus that you are scheduled for. However, when I arrived at my connecting bus route, I was refused a seat on the bus despite having a priority boarding pass. The supervisor, Terry stated that only re-boarders and passengers going to New Jersey would be allowed to board. I was placed on the next bus which resulted in me missing my connecting bus in New York and having to make alternate arrangements for an event that I was contracted for and necessitated a certain arrival time due to greyhound's negligence and poor service delivery. Passengers were told to go to another gate and that a second express bus would leave shortly. We waited in line for over an hour at the discretion of Terry, the Supervisor, only to be told to sit back down. I specifically asked the supervisor if we would make our connecting schedule. Terry stated, "it's an express bus and should be here shortly." When I asked for a specific time, Terry stated, "I'm not on the bus and cannot answer that question." I asked for an estimate and Terry stated, "30 minutes." However, there was no additional bus and all of the quoted times provided were exhausted and customers were treated with extreme disregard. The supervisor was very abrasive and dismissive of people's complaints. This happened on scheduled GLI4414 which should have left Cleveland Ohio at 10:40 p.m. One bus left at that scheduled time. I paid over 200.00 for this ticket.

Your Desired Resolution:
                      Greyhound needs to reimbursement me for a full refund for this ticket and all other costs associated with me having to make additional travel arrangements to arrive at this contracted event.

Sep 29, 2019

Greyhound Lines — customer service

I booked a two-way trip from Harrisburg to Baltimore on 09/27 and 09/30 and both got delayed for a terribly...

Greyhound Linesbus service

As a US citizen my mom crossed the border to Canada with her American ID and proof of citizenship (not a passport). Going back over, she was refused entry on the bus by the driver because he insisted she needs a passport. He was rude and aggressive.
                        Customer service was a nightmare, first agreed a passport was not required. After speaking with 2 reps and 2 managers, their information all inconsistent, they refuse to refund my mom's trip.
                        Will never use this service. POOR AND UNPROFESSIONAL STAF[censored]

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices