Having problems with Greyhound Lines?

Greyhound Lines reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 17, 2007. The latest review Not being treated like customer was posted on Oct 24, 2021. The latest complaint horrible customer service and ridiculous policy was resolved on Jul 13, 2018. Greyhound Lines has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 414 reviews. Greyhound Lines has resolved 64 complaints.

Greyhound Lines Customer Service Contacts

1800 231 2222 (United States)
+1 214 849 8100 (International)
+1 800 531 5332 (Spanish Language)
+1 844 477 8747 (Groups Of 10 Or More)
+1 214 849 8966 (Refunds)
+1 214 849 6246 (Lost & Damaged Baggage)
+1 800 723 3287 (Report Unsafe Driving)
+1 800 752 4841 (Assistance For Customers With Disabilities)
+1 800 345 3109 (TTY & TTD)
+1 877 943 3530 (Road Rewards)
+1 800 268 9000 (Website & App Support)
+1 800 739 5020 (Bus Charters & Packages Express)
+1 800 440 7712 (Commercial Sales)
P.O. Box 660691, MS 470
Sat24h
Sun24h
Mexico Office
Juan Aldama Sur 924, Col. Centro, Monterrey N.L. Mexico

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Greyhound Lines Customer Service. Initial Greyhound Lines complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Greyhound Lines above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Greyhound Lines. Discuss the issues you have had with Greyhound Lines and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Greyhound Lines Complaints & Reviews

Greyhound LinesNot being treated like customer

So on the 22nd I took a bus from Chiefland Florida to White River Junction Vermont when I got to Raleigh North Carolina I seen people were boarding so I went to the desk and asked about my rebord # I was told it had not been called turns out it had so I spoke to another gentleman he told me to take a seat and he would put me on another bus there will never be another week or pass issued in Raleigh he forgot about me told me I had to pay $20 to get back home my wallet my medication all my belongings in my clothes we're on the bus I lost everything I haven't eaten I just walk around the streets at night I'm so scared hurt and humiliated because my wallet in Vermont I can't get a Western Union I can't get general delivery mail all I can do is that for me pay with credit card and they won't let me I'm stranded Starving in a city in my pajamas I was kicked out of the bus station because I don't have a ticket I am begging you can't do this much longer manic depressive bipolar with schizophrenic tendencies yesterday I have no medication just very bad place for me to be I am begging you please just get me home I can pay the 20 by credit card please I can't do this any longer I can't I can't it's so hopeless I don't even know if I'm ever leaving for when I'm going to eat again I paid to get to Vermont by the fact that no ticket was reissued here it's their fault they told me to sit I did and you really should have taken it would have been my fault I don't know where to go

• Updated by Ben payne · Oct 24, 2021

I have never been more humiliated didn't mean to sleep out on the streets in my pajamas when I'm a paying customer

Greyhound Linesticket confirmation #[protected] and #[protected]

On date indicated on tickets my daughter and I were scheduled to take buses from Wilmington to New York . and your bus line left 15 people stranded, myself and daughter included! I had airplane tickets to leave from New York to Aguadilla PR . I am appalled as to the customer service I had and how bus drivers were rude and how there was no supervisor to complain to make sure you patrons would be taken care off . My trip was awful, discouraging to say the least . i was suppose to see my ill mother which I never got to accomplish These were E tickets which i would like my money back for and taxi i had to pay to get to Wilmington from Dover DE. this was $100.00 I also lost my opportunity to use airfare. This was $300.00 !!!I would like this to be resolved in the best, responsible accommodating way possible .

Greyhound LinesLost luggage

I took a bus from Muncie Indiana to st Augustine FL. I had 3 pieces of luggage that I paid$20 for. I'm disabled and needed assistance with it. Employee said he'd put it in cage in Atlanta and would load it on my connecting bus to Savannah. My luggage wasn't on that bus. I've emailed several times no response. No phone number to reach real person damn near everything I owned was in that luggage.

Greyhound LinesBus driver

11 October 21, 1015am Bus from Boston to Philadelphia. The Bus driver was very rude and condescending to all passengers. He treated everyone with equal disrespect and contempt. First, When he started checking tickets there were two disabled people sitting in the chairs at the gate. He scanned the first person but the other person took some time to get to the gate. When the second disable person when scan their ticket, he got loud with the person and told him he didn't have priority boarding and needed to get into the line. Everyone in the line said to the bus driver to let the disabled person get on the bus before us…at which time he scan the ticket and let the person on the bus.

Second, when any passenger talked to him, he has an attitude. In particular, the conversation he had with a passenger was very disturbing. The passenger asked him a few questions about carry on bag and he had an attitude with the passenger which led to him telling the passenger he's going to get them kick off the bus.

Requesting this bus driver receive training on how to interact with customers and training on how to assist and support disabled customers.

Oct 08, 2021

Greyhound Lines — Assault by greyhound bus driver

On September 10, 2021, I was hugging a person in doorway of bus before entering. I felt a hit on my back by...

Greyhound Linesasheville to Raleigh trip

I booked a round trip from Asheville to Raleigh on sept 9th. The bus was suppose to leave Asheville at 4:30 Am. I showed up at4:00 and at 6 o'clock the store opened and the owner said she canceled her contract with Greyhound. I was going foe a must medical appointment in Charlotte on the way my only option was to pay LYft 142.00 to get there. T they told me that my bus had been delayed and shoould arrive around 4 pm. I had to be in Raleigh before that and spent another 30.00 to take Amtrak. The return trip wae 5 hours delayed. I am 67 years old and this was my worst customer service in my life. I have no faith that trust Greyhound. A ground person in Charlotte explain shortage of drivers my trip was a bust and added 160.00 and the bus ticket for someone on a fixed income crushed me for this month. Please comp me a future trip with guarantees it will take place. [protected]@gmail.com. Also speak to the person who owns the shell what she caused [protected]@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2021

Greyhound Lines — Sexually assaulted/raped by greyhound bus driver

I called the police, the police came, I went to Grady hospital and was kept all night, I had a rape kit done...

Greyhound LinesDriver

My son was suppose to be heading to Memphis Tennessee to catch the next bus to Tupelo MS. He has never done this before and is NOW on the wrong bus! He tried to ask the bus driver if he was on the right bus..THE bus driver was extremely rude and refused to answer him. Hollered at him! NOW MY SON IS HEADING TO CHATTANOOGA!!! WHAT CHATTANOOGA? I DON'T KNOW! I AM STILL TRYING TO LOCATE SOME ONE TO HELP HIM GET TO MEMPHIS TENNESSEE AND NO ONE IS ANSWERING THEIR PHONES!!! NOW MY SON IS EXTREMELY EXHAUSTED, NO MONEY, AND TRAVELING LORD KNOWS WHERE!!! YOUR BUS DRIVERS NEED TO ASSIST AND INFORM PEOPLE BEFORE THEY GET ON THE BUSES AND CONFIRM THE PERSON IS GETTING ON THE RIGHT BUS OR DIRECT THEM IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION SO THEY CAN REACH THEIR DESTINATION! WITHOUT TRAVELING THE WHOLE DAMN STATES!!!

Respond

Greyhound LinesSecurity, staff workers for greyhound

The head security at 232 Forsyth St SW Atlanta Georgia bus station he is ever disrespectful he feels he can talk to you any way and then he will say if you don't like what I'm saying then you can leave and find you another way home because he can say what he wan he got its own company he has been here for 7 years and they going to believe him over me and they're not going to do anything and when I went to report him they didn't do anything to him but tell me I'm out of control because the head security was harassing me a smoke area he said I told you want nothing going to happen to him how is security allowed to talk to people anything of was and just keep harassing them because they can and won't nothing happen to them

Aug 23, 2021

Greyhound Lines — Reimbursement of funds

I was in Florida this year but traveling there was anything but pleasure 5/10/21 this is when I put the first...

Greyhound LinesGreyhound didnt take us to destination

Greyhound got late while taking from chicago to kalamazoo. At kalamazoo they didnt provide a bus or uber to east lansing. I booked a cab myself to eastlansing from kalamazoo. Please I want a full refund in my account.

Greyhound didnt take us to destination

Aug 19, 2021

Greyhound Lines — Non refundable ticket no mention of flex ticket on the site

bought.a ticket from Oxnard to Santa Maria and needed to cancel the ticket when I was offered a ride.a few...

Greyhound LinesMy name is Laura Van Winkle, I live in John Day Oregon got on the bus 6:30 am it was people mover bus it only go to Bend M W F

I had a ticket to leave August 7th from Bend Oregon. When I got to bend the shedule changed and I was not notified. It was to leave at 2:30 pm.. I had to pay for a room at Econo lodge which cost 129.91. The next day I got on the bus to Springfied Oregon the bus driver was not looking at my bus schedule got off in Eugen at the amtract station which cost another 50:00 dollars. Had to transfer to at Klamath falls to another bus and that bus went to Redding California. I have never had trouble with Gray Hound before, My confermation Number is [protected] I would like to have my vacation money back Please,

Greyhound LinesCustomer service

On August 13, 2021, I boarded a bus leaving Tallahassee bound for Atlanta, GA. The bus was one hour late leaving due to bus malfunction. The lady driver was very pleasant and kept every one calm. However, once I arrived to Atlanta I was afraid to exit the bus due to the undesirable people hanging around the station. I along with my family and friends are very disappointed with Greyhound that you would locate the Atlanta (Capital of Georgia) in such an unsafe, trash filled and compact location. It appears that you are more concerned about making money than the welfare and comfort of your passengers.

Aug 16, 2021

Greyhound Lines — Bus never showed up

August 16, 2021) On August 13, 2021, I was at the bus stop at Roses in Tarboro, NC. My bus was scheduled to...

Greyhound LinesDriver not doing his job

Bus #86977, Texas plate #K10-4540 The 3:50 p.m. bus for the Easton, Pa. bus terminal was 32 minutes late. He dropped passengers off at the intersection of 3rd and ferry and blocked traffic while doing this, but worse than that, he left 3 passengers stranded in the bus terminal as he never entered to pick up. That is the 2nd time I have observed the 3:50 p.m. bus do that when running late. The 1st time he blocked the intersection so bad the city transit buses could not make the turn. I work for Lanta the public transit agency in the Lehigh Valley and I was one of those buses. It appears to be a recurring trend, that is why I am saying something.

Driver not doing his job

Respond

Greyhound LinesBus not stopping at the bus stop-Update

July 16, 2021

On July 9, 2021, I was at the Greyhound bus stop at Roses in Tarboro, NC waiting to catch the bus to go to Raleigh, NC. The bus was supposed to be there at 8:05 AM. After it was 10 minutes late, I checked the website to see where the bus for 4845 was at. It said that the bus was running 15 minutes late and it would be arriving in Tarboro at 9:05 AM. I continued to wait for it at the bus stop. At 9:08 the bus was coming down the street rather fast in front of the Roses store. He approached the intersection for the red light and when the light turned green, he made a right turn. Instead of turning into the Roses parking lot, where the Greyhound bus stop is, he continued past the turn going to the next bus station, therefore; leaving me stranded at the stop and leaving me to have to find another way home, costing me extra money to get home above the price of the bus ticket. I am seeking a refund for my bus ticket from Tarboro, NC to Raleigh, NC. The total price for my round trip ticket was $67.00. Also, since the driver never stopped to pick me up, I am requesting $41.93 to cover the expense to pay for fuel that cost me to have someone to come to Tarboro, NC to pick me up and take me home. Since the driver did not do his job I think they should be suspended. My conformation number is : [protected].

Sincerely,
                        Melvin Lockemy

Respond

Greyhound Lines21 of us are stuck in knoxville tn for over 4 hours now with no bus driver and the lobby is closed

my name is Michael canter along with 21 other people we dont have a driver weve been stuck in knoxville for over 5 hours now this is [censored] we need HELP ASAP this is taking place right nowplease send someone to Knoxville TN to help us were hot hungry someone has diabitis like weve tried calling customer care several times and they cant give us any information
                          you can give us a call at [protected] please call us were stranded

Greyhound LinesBus service

I am a very dissatisfied passenger who was traveling form Washington DC to NYC on today 7/26/21 at 11:05am the bus's AC was broken and still allowed to stay in service it was also over crowded.. aren't we still in the mist of COVID 19? why aren't the COVID19 Protocol being followed to ensure the safety of all your passengers why wasn't the bus taken out of service? Your motto for years has been is "leave the driving to us" because your main concern was the safety of all passengers has that changes since COVID 19?

Greyhound LinesEverything

First off I have pictures of the other problem besides the smell of gutter and human fluids, but the main concern was when I was suppose to be on the 2pm bus headed home than it changed to 705pm than it changed again to 1130pm and now they are telling me it will be here at 1:17 am. Mind you, I have already been here since noon. I spent over 260 dollars and I think I should be compensated for this whole trip.

• Updated by Rheba Jeffries · Jul 24, 2021

My confirmation and initial ticket

Comments

• Updated by Rheba Jeffries · Jul 24, 2021

And a continuance to my problem it seems they now say my next departure from the next terminal is delayed 3 hrs. Wtf I am in Birmingham now and going through this Bs. Compensate me now or be sued for way more!! Your choice!