Google Success Kit / money being deducted from my credit card

New Zealand Review updated:
HI, Ian smith here. I took the $1 google success kit and see now that money is being deducted from my credit card to which I did not aggree.
What and where do I go to sort it out
Please help

Comments

Be
  31st of Dec, 2008
The same thing happened to me Smith! They have deducted $29.99 from my credit card and I'm really pissed off.
Er
  23rd of Jan, 2009
I'm paying 39.19 since I'm in Canada. And I haven't even received my kit yet! I'm planning to call their call centre, the number should be visible on your credit card statement. If you can't see it, it's: 1-866-341-0767, they are open from 6am - 7pm MT.
La
  23rd of Jan, 2009
This apparent rip-off company charged $29.95 to my account on January 22, 2009 without my authorization. I agreed to pay $1.00 for a look at this product and was informed that I would receive it by January 18th. This suspiciously looks to be now, a scam and I am not a happy camper.

Today, January 23, 2009, I called 866-341-0767 and spoke with “Marie” for a refund of to my account. Initially Marie insisted that she could only cancel future billings because this was ordered on January 11, 2009. I was told that this company is not mailing anymore, but instead using the format of email. However, I persisted in pointing out that since I was informed that the product was to arrive by 1/22/09, I am within the 7-day grace period of having the option to cancel. “Marie” acquiesced and assured me that this-and any further billings- are now canceled. The refund of $29.95 will take 5-7 business days for to post back to my account.

I certainly hope this will happen. If not, I will be writing here again!
An
  23rd of Jan, 2009
I can't beleive! I also took the kit for $1 and now after 2 weeks before getting the kit $30 from my credit card has been deductted!
-Anjali Singh
Da
  23rd of Jan, 2009
Exact same circumstance here. I will be calling that number right now. I am pissed!!
Na
hi everyone,
i just called the number 1-866-341-0767 due to seeing a charge or 39.19 on my credit card. i was told by signing on it was a monthly subscription i signed on to...read the fine print i was told. and if i would not have called to have it canceled they would deduct this same amount every month!!!
I urge everyone to realize all internet gimmics are FRAUD or just plain old CRAP! do not give any company your credit card # please learn from all of us who have made this mistake!
i have submitted a clain to my credit card company and i guess i will see what happens.

nathan-toronto -canada
Cj
  24th of Jan, 2009
I just checked my card, and found they did the same thing on the 21st. Thought this might be different but this is not the first time I've had to deal with something like this. The previous time was for information on applying for grants. I had to call three times because they did not get the message the first call. The first one, according to them, was just a complaint of the charges, the second was to stop further charges and the third was to demand the refund. Make sure you get these on one call. They want to play games and think you are not watching your account.
Ke
  23rd of Feb, 2009
Lesson Learned! There is no way to Make Easy Money. Unless you can scam people out of their CC number and make false billings.
I called the number provided by Erica (Thanks because that was not the same number I had on my CC statement which, btw, only gave a recording and then hung up on me!) talked to Jamaica, the person not the place. Insisted that they remove "ALL" charges from my CC and not be billed any further otherwise I would have to be forced to do a "Charge-back" to their company which is "Very Expensive" for them. He went to his supervisor and after a minute or two was assured that it would be refunded in full. We'll see after a week if they have indeed done this. If not, the RCMP and whoever we have to contact in the USA will be advised of this fraud. Facebook will also be advised of this fraudulent advertising or at least of the abuse this company is dishing out to the unsuspecting public.
Moral of the story. No easy money and be firm when you ask for a refund. Be civil but be firm. Swearing will get you nowhere fast. I know this because I have been on the other end of a customer support line and abusive language doesn't help the situation.

Note re chargeback:
Link below.

Best of luck to us all in this fiasco.
Ch
  31st of Mar, 2009
If a company offers you a free trial, it is not free if they need your credit card number. The $1 dollar sounds good, but it is really just a way of buying your credit card number. Once you give it to them, they will commence billing you. Usually you can't reach them by phone or email to cancel. However, cancelling with them is what you must do. DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER TO ANYONE, UNLESS YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHO YOU ARE DEALING WITH. If you have exhausted your efforts to contact and cancel with the so called merchant, then contact your cc company. Write down dates when calls were made and who you spoke to. Also keep copies of any emails, either from you to them or vice versa.
Remember, there is no such thing as a free trial of anything. They (whatever company or merchant) will always ask for your cc number. Usually they say it is just to bill the shipping and handling, or whatever. Another precaution, always read all of the disclosure provided very carefully. You may have to read between the lines to see that they are actually saying they are going to bill you or sign you up. For example one vitamin pill provider for weight loss, says "if you get the free trial of A, we are also going to give you a free trial of B and C as well." What that means is that "we are also going to be billing you for two other products as well." You end up having 3 monthly charges on your cc, and B and C show up as separate merchants, with separate phone numbers. You cannot cancel B and C, by getting in touch with A. You have to call each one individually, and often they are impossible to reach. Any time you are not able to make contact with a merchant you gave your cc number to, especially if it is a "free trial" from the internet or TV, contact your cc company. They can usually advise or assist you.

Charles O.
Sc
  14th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Just letting everyone here know that if u do read the fine print when u order there are 3 things u have to cancel...2 identity theft
'"trials" #'s r as follows 800-712-7226 and the other is
800-342-2994 these r trials that u also signed up for, unless u read the fine print u are not aware of them...PLEASE call and cancel them also...they charge more for both each month
Just a quick FYI