Gold's Gym / dishonest employees & poor customer service

1 Salt Lake City, UT, United States Review updated:

My contract finally ends with golds in one week (Yeah!) I went to a gym to swim and asked them to cancel my membership (Since I had heard that you automatically default to continue it.) the employee was persistent that I had to renew my contract even though I politely refused multiple times. I asked if I could do month to month afterward and he said this was impossible and that I had to have a contract. I said I didn't want a contract and wouldn't be renewing. As I was leaving the desk to work out he informed me that my bill was delinquent. I had pre-paid for the two years up front and had not received any bills in two years and asked what I was delinquent on. He said there was a $15 maintenance fee on my account. He said that if I did not pay right then or renew my contract I was not allowed to use the facilities. I was in my gym clothes with no cc or anything and was pretty annoyed at this point so I left.

I called another location and was informed by the employee that you cannot cancel your membership (Even at the end of a contract) in a gym or over the phone and that I had to call the corporate offices to do so. He also informed me that because it wasn't 30 days prior to the end of my contract that I had defaulted to a month to month plan and would be billed for august if I canceled or not. He admitted that gold's is the sneakiest company he has ever worked for. He also let me know that I could have opted for a month to month membership at this point and that I was more than allowed to use the gym even without paying the $15 fee I had never heard of.

Also, do not waste time with the trainers. They are great at txting, working biceps, and showing up late or not showing up to work without canceling their appts. Gold's gym trainers are the biggest waste of money I have ever experienced, and I purchase a lot of stupid things.

I will have nothing to do with this company in the future aside from warning people to stay away.

Comments

• Cg
      23rd of Feb, 2010

Gold's gym managers are the biggest thieves! Anything their members leave behind they keep, and will lie to your face about it not beiing in "the lost and found". Jewelry and expensive shoes are among their favorite items to steal from you! Be warned!!

• Cg
      23rd of Feb, 2010

O.M. (we won't say her name ) the Austn Lakeline gym is one of the gyms that employ thieves, not only that they steal from members they hire young punk kids to steal out of the cash drawer, to split the money with the GM. As is he doesnt get enough stealing from his own staff when he takes the comssion they earned, while he sat on his ### clipping his toenails and texting all day! Oh wait he does move from his chair to work out twice (wouldn't want yall to think he is a total bum) Anyway I could go on for days...

• Pe

dd

• Cj
      14th of Jul, 2011

Can someone tell me where I go to complain about a Gold's Gym Manager??