Gold's Gym Stride Trainer 300 Ellipticalmanufacturer defect

S

I purchased my NEW ellipitcal from Walmart on [protected], the machine broke at the right side lower body leg (part #7) where the leg connects to the right pedal arm. The steel cracked at a point that was not welded from the factory, and is a clear manufacture defect.
It broke as I was working out and caused me to fall forward hitting myself hard enough to cause a bruise and lucky not have cracked my teeth or nose.
When I called ICON Health & Fitness Inc. at [protected] their customer service could only offer me to sell me a replacement part instead of replacing it cracked part.
Walmart is not to blame, but if they only knew that this defective product came from their store and potentially could cause serious injury they may think twice about selling more of these ellipticals (model GGEL62907.0)
Shame on ICON Health & Fitness Inc. for claiming to have 'customer service' but it's really a way of generating additional sales through manufacture defective parts!
Buyer's beware of this ellipitcal, injury is very real if this happens to you.

John Haswell Feb 10, 2010

Mine just broke in the exact same place while I was using it. It made me fall off of it. I have had a hip replacement and I ended up landing on my replaced hip.. This is the second time this has happened in less that a year.

• Os
    OSCAR REYNOSO Mar 23, 2011

WELL I CAN SAY THAT I USED MINE FOR 9 MONTHS. BY THE WAY MINE BROKE AT THE EXACT SAME PLACE: "the machine broke at the right side lower body leg (part #7) where the leg connects to the right pedal arm. The steel cracked at a point that was not welded from the factory, and is a clear manufacture defect." I HOPE THAT THERE IS A RECALL ON THIS MACHINE SO THAT GOLD GYM MAINTAIN A GOOD REPUTATION. THANK YOU.

• Ti
    Tim Phelps Aug 22, 2011

I have the exact same elliptical machine (Stride Trainer 300) and have used it for about 2 1/2 years. I had the exact same part break tonight (8/21/11) except it happened on the left side. I plan to contact ICON and see what type of response I receive. I assume I will get the same answer as the other individuals who have posted but it's worth a shot.

• Bq
    BQ77 Mar 29, 2012

Mine just broke in the exact same place. Something needs to be done about this!!!