Golden Corral / bourbon street chicken

1 Washington, NC, United States Review updated:

A friend and I had dinner at Golden Corral Restaurant on Carolina Avenue in Washington, NC last Monday evening. We had the buffet and chose the same vegetables. My Friend had baked chicken and I had Bourbon Street Chicken.

I awoke at 3:00 AM, feel quite nausiated. I three up three time in a 30 minte time span. I also had severe diahrearr at the same time...fun! I am sure it was the chicken that made me sick. I have eaten it before with no problem. This was a horrible experience.

Comments

• Je
      27th of Oct, 2008

The B street chicken is cook by placing it cold from the walk in on the grill then adding the bourbon seasoing wich is red and dark in color... while cooking it some pecice take FOREVER to cook thourghly and then after that one cup of tariyaki is added...

two things could have happened. not cooked all the way which is possible, but also if they did not have enough water in the steam table it would have cooled and gone bad, the temps are supposed to be checked every two hours, but alot of stores just skip that, all it takes is four hours @ under 140 to make ppl sick. I hope this experience does not turn you away from GC.

• Ki
      10th of May, 2010

I had this same chicken just last week and it was AWESOME!!