General Motors / noisy exhaust

MI, United States Review updated:

I bought a new 2012 CTS. When I get on it a little bit just before it shifts gears it makes a sound that sounds like all the baffles in the muffler or cat is going to fall out. I took it my dealer and they hear it also. They took another 2012 CTS and it does the same thing.
I got a case number from GM (71-[protected]). They tell me there is nothing they can do. I have had 5-6 people tell me that the car sounds like it is falling apart when I step on it. The dealer hears, GM knows about it and will not do anything. What do I need to do to get some results. I am not bad mouthing the dealer, they have done everything they can at this time.

Comments

• Da
      4th of May, 2012

The dealer is waiting for GM to do something. Like a factory recall. Plus they prob don't even know how to fix the issue yet. Also finding a solution has to be approved and not affect the safety of the vehicle. So once they figure that out then supply the dealers and give the technicians training on how to fix the problem. Also figure out all the vehicles that are experiencing the problem. Then they will get back to you. Its a sad truth I just hope it doesn't take to long and they compensate you for it

• Ge
      18th of Jun, 2012

Did you test drive the car before you bought it?