General Motors / stalled in traffic

If you have a 2000 Buick Lesabre, please pay close attention, this could affect you.

There is a manufacturing defect with the electrical system for this car that involves 1 or more of the sensors and causes a short.

What it does is, it tends to make the car stall out and die. When the sensor shorts out, it kills the engine. The problem is, while GM knows this issue exists, they will do absolutely nothing to replace the faulty sensor(s).

I have replaced the battery, replaced the fuel pump, spent a lot of money on diagnostic checks to try to narrow it down to which sensors are going bad, to no avail. While I know the car will eventually do it, I cannot predict when. Therefore I am terrified to drive the car anywhere besides around town.

I have had this car die on me in the middle of heavy traffic consisting of big rigs and I fear one day I will not be able to get my car off to the side of the road. My family is worried as well.

So if you have this car and have this problem or anything similar, keep notes of every time you have the issue pop up.

Va

Comments

• Ms
      10th of Mar, 2010

Dear Sir/mam,

we have a Optra from the last 5 years. we have done all services to M/s Regent Automobiles only. from the last 2 years we are facing coolent problem but that company is not solving our problem but earning money.

at every visit they charge something but still our problem keeps same.

4 months back we paid 36000 rs for the Head repaing and they told us that now your car is fine but after 4 months same problem come out and again they are demanding for 25000 rs more. so we are requesting you please solve our problem. we will be very thankfull for you.

we are waiting for your response.

Thanks & Regards

MOb: +91-9810250083
    Car No: HR51 Q 1314

• Ms
      10th of Mar, 2010

Gm has very bad quality of product and very bad quality of service stations in india. my suggestions to all member is please don't buy any any Car from GM otherwise your Car life will be limited to 3 to 4 years and bank balance will be reduce.

Only they know how to earn money and still they need to learn, how to solve the problems.

Thanks & Regards
    Sumit Bansal

M/s Tube Sales Corporation
    1D/4 BP-2, NIT Faridabad-121001,
    Haryana, India
    MOb: +91-9810250083
    Car No: HR51 Q 1314

13th of Oct, 2010

Nothing is perfect and things tend to fail especially with vehicles with that age.