Having problems with OnStar?

OnStar reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 28, 2007. The latest review Mailing Services Offer was posted on Apr 15, 2021. The latest complaint 12 month data pass can not be added was resolved on Jun 18, 2019. OnStar has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 37 reviews. OnStar has resolved 7 complaints.

OnStar Customer Service Contacts

1800 800 001 (Ireland)
1800 083 4994 (Mexico)
+1 888 466 7827 (USA and Canada)
+44 345 111 7711 (United Kingdom)
+353 14 073 388 (Ireland)
+32 34 506 329 (Belgium)
+352 80 085 094 (Luxembourg)
+31 206 545 751 (Netherlands)
+351 800 784 582 (Portugal)
+41 800 002 117 (Switzerland)
PO Box 1027

Payments
PO Box 8084 STN A, Toronto ON M5W 3W5

OnStar Complaints & Reviews

OnStarMailing Services Offer

I received a mailing in US mail 4/17/21 offering. (1.) Six months of remote access plan . (2.) One year of Onstar safety services. (3.) 3gb or 3 months of data, whichever comes first. The mailing advised to push the blue button to get connected. This I did and was advised only 3 month offer available. As a Three time new Cadillac owner and a 3 time new GMC owner I feel this mailing was deceptive. Return address on mailing is Cadillac/ connected by ON, P O Box 96214, Washington, DC [protected]. My desirable resolution to this complaint is a new mailing sent to all who received this apologizing for this deception. Dennis Miessen

Mailing Services Offer

OnStarFailure of on star modules programming

On star modules lost their factory settings whereby the cancel road turn by turn directions failed to cancel out. Needed to contact On Star via blue button. Spoke with tech support - still could not correct the issue. Needed as directed by On Star to bring the vehicle to Zeigler Buick/Cadillac dealership for repair.
    Tech needed to re-program the On Star modules at the cost of $ 172. out of pocket. Therefore we are seeking reimbursement. On Star re-contacted again today who in turn refused to establish my complaint with a customer complaint control number. ?

OnStarOnstar Remote Entry and Tracking

Worst Customer Service EVER experienced. On November 30, 2020 I called Onstar with a problem. Their answer was I needed to wait 3-5 days for someone to get back to me. NO one ever did and I called the several more times. I brought the car into the dealership and they could not fix it as it was a Onstar issue and even the dealership could not get help with onstar. Since then I have called everyday and still no one is capable of fixing the problem, it is over their level. It is now December 14 (15 days ago) and still NO callback. This is Ludacris!!! and unacceptable!!! To put it into perspective I own as service company and have more that $500K in Chevy Vehicles and have purchased 4 new Chevy Trucks this year. I will now start purchasing Ford Vehicle

OnStarthey will not refund my money

I had free trial of Onstar services. After the trial I called to cancel and the lady kept on and said she would let me have it for 60 more days so I said ok but I don't want to forget to cancel it. She said she would enter my email and assured that they would send a email prior to charging my card. That did not happen so I called once I noticed the charge and they told me they would return the money and it would not happen again. This month I get charged for half the cost of a membership. I call and they say it was for 7 days and understand so they would put in for it to be rejected once it hits the bank. So 3 days later it still is on my account so once again I call and today the lady wouldn't stop talking long enough for me to explain what I was told on Monday she said explained she understood but they will not refund my money like the other Onstar person told me on Monday! It's ridiculous and would never want to have an Onstar service again!

OnStarunprofessional

Dec 14, 2019.I have waited 3 1/2hrs to get my car towed 5mins from where I stay. They made me miss my ride to pick up my battery and was not willing to assist me in getting it. The battery was only 5mins from the dealership. NarTowing was suppose to pick me up at 1st and didn't call when they were running behind. OnStar then switched me to Superior 2hrs later bcus of the wait. I explain I missed my ride to pick up my battery n Trisha said they would not pay the additional $8 to pick it up, even though it was their fault. Superior said they had no problem taking me n OnStar would need to approve the additional mileage or I would have to pay. Well, I wind up paying it. OnStar has not held up to the service they use to provide n I am cancelling my service. O, they also cldnt help Wed Dec. 11th when I was in my car due to my battery. The lady cldnt even tell me where my pocket transmitter to use my phobe key. Terrible service.

OnStarsubscription

I received two notices that my on star subscription had been updated and that a payment method indicating a credit card number to be charges. First, I do not have an on star subscription on either vehicle and second the credit card listed is not my card.
            I called on star and spoke with Ann and gave her my information and I was disconnected. I called back and spoke with Pat who was argumentative and kept stating that she was there to help.
            I believe that this is a sales tactic to get unsuspecting customers to authorize continued on star service. If I receive any more of these notices, I will file a complaint with the consumer division of the State Attorney General's Office.

Oct 07, 2019

OnStar — tire repair

On the morning of Monday 30th I called for roadside assistance at 911 e11th st in Michigan City, In. They put...

OnStar4g lte with wifi

OnStar CASE # [protected]

I have been trying to resolve the loss of my WIFI connection on on 2019 Bolt since September 3rd, 2019.

My first call to on September 3rd, the OnStar - Technical Rep reset the system which did not solve the problem. I was asked to wait three days for another call.

My second call on September 6th, I was informed that I had to wait a full 3 days, by a very rude operator, before anyone would call me back.

My third call on September 7th, I was referred to the Technical Rep and again another attempt was made to reset the system. I was told to wait for phone call from a senior rep with a possible solution.

I am paying for 5 GB of data - $35 per month which renews on September 16th. I need to have a solution found prior to that date or I will be cancelling that service.

OnStar12 month data pass can not be added

My brand new Chevy suburban premier edition was supposed to come with a 12 month data pass. Instead of receiving the data pass, I had to wait weeks, talk to multiple different customer service representatives, who all in turn said they could not give me what ONSTAR offered. Onstar offers a 12 month data pass for 250 dollars, which would seem pretty easy to apply to a customer's account, who can PROVE the offer.

If Onstar can not honor my package details, then why advertise the option on a premier plus package (on the sticker) ?!? Someone needs to take notice and fix this problem, so other customers do not have to deal with the run around. MAKE THIS RIGHT. Fix the issues and quit giving the customers the run around. If there was competition, I would already be gone. Bye Felicia!

RESOLVED

Onstar went above and beyond to take care of my issue. There was a misunderstanding on the amount of data offered. They not only graciously and understandingly explained to me what was offered, but they also gave me additional service. I feel rather foolish for making a stink but am grateful for their understanding and continued kindness. Thanks, OnStar! Laura

May 15, 2019

OnStar — complaint

I have been an Onstar customer since 2011 and have truly appreciated the services offered. In fact when my...

OnStar — renewal fraud

I was contacted in Feb. 2018 about renewal even though my subscription was not due for renewal. I renewed...

OnStar — the fees! and no multi car family discount...

It's sad that GM doesn't include their services with the vehicle when you buy it. 2 vehicles (the vehicle...

OnStardidn’t work when needed

Needed my car unlocked so I tried to use my app and it kept timing out. I then called OnStar to get them to unlock it. They advised me I was not an authorized user on the account my husband and I have had since 2009 (I have used the service before with no issue). After telling me I wasn't an authorized user told me they could call roadside assistance for me. How is that possible I ask if I am not an authorized user. My husband calls to add me on account and ask them to unlock my car and guess what they can't. OnStar is having some issue with the signal. I have now been in the parking lot for 30 minutes on this lovely 34 degree evening. I am told they will call my cell back in 10 minutes to ensure my car is unlocked. 20 more minutes go by and no call so I call back. They try to unlock again and nothing. They will gladly send me roadside assistance with an ETA of 70 minutes oh and they need my current mileage?!?!? Ultimately I had someone grab my keys from my house and drive them to me. For a service that you pay for and this being the sole purpose of the operation I find this to be extremely unacceptable! I don't think the product is worth the monthly payment. Save your money and give a key to a friend.

on star — false charging

I bought a new car and was given On Star for six months free. This included the ability to get turn by turn...

OnStar — customer service

Avoid onstar at all costs. Terrible customer service. They kept pushing me over and over again to buy their...

OnStar — unaccptable service

I have been trying for a week to activate my onstar and have wasted at least 2 hours a day with no luck...

OnStar — problems canceling account with billing

My husband cancelled his account through OnStar because he didn’t want the service. He cancelled the...

On Star Road Servicecouldn't locate us

We have had our onstar road service since we bought the car in 2005 and now it is 2011. We have never used our road service until the weekend of memorial weekend when our car had died out at 1:15 in the morning. Our car had died out on Hwy 4 which their is no cars that come by and the place was pitch dark. I have my 3 kids in the car with 5 adult and we had called onstar road service to have them get a towing for us. First thing On Star road service coudn’t locate where we were at and the second thing is the towing will be here within 1 hr and 1/2 to 2 hr.

Mine me that I have my 3 kids in the car out in the dark and we where scared. We had also got disconnected with them and On Star didn’t call us back until 1 hour later. So we had to call the police to have them be out here with us and have them call the tow truck for us to tow our car. It was a long night and it was such a disspointment about onstar road service. This is just a ripe off of there advertisment. “Didn’t anyone see their commerial about a lady who car died and she had a baby with her and they were their right away” well in my case they were a disspointment to me.

Any the sad thing is they can’t even locate us. We had to used our internet on our phone to let them know where we are close to. On Star road service sucks…

OnStarunhappy gm customer

Onstar sent me a letter letting me know they are dumping all Onstar customers with analog devices.

The solution is for me to buy a new 2006 or 2007 GM vehicle and sell my current car, value of which has fallen as a result of this announcement. Onstar knew that this transition will take place in the near future but they didn't think it through and are not willing to make this transition for us more convinient.

I've been with GM vehicles for 20 years. I was a loyal customer and they just lost me. When I contacted them about this issue Onstar and GM offered me $500.00 off a purchase of a new 2007 vehicle. Why would I buy another GM product after being treated this way? This is unacceptable.

On-Star — a rip off; does not work as promised!

On-star is a complete rip-off... Wife's new escalade was stolen this morning. Within one hour after...